• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I guess the budget price wouldn't be able to cover cartridge costs unless Bethesda raised the price for Switch owners only. Nonetheless, that's a shame.

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Way to keep costs down?

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm.

I wonder it it's just a size vs price per cart issue and they sought to avoid the switch tax.

Or they decided the lead time for production was just far to early for development to adequately finish without basically requiring a full redownload patch to be acceptable.

Either way a shame, but im not suprised they pulled this considering it's not a full price release.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Understandable if they don't find it profitable enough to do a cartridge but if it's to that point I'd almost prefer they just not release it boxed as it's a bit deceptive. Regardless there are those that would prefer to still at least have a box on a shelf.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
5109d9ccc0ce345aab5fd11a48572180_w200.gif

Shantae

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 15, 2019
I am so tired of this shit from big publishers on the Switch. I'm sorry, but fuck off with this cheap ass shit. It's ALWAYS the big publishers that do this crap too. Capcom, Bethesda, 2K, etc...They're the only who cheap out on these Switch games.

Yet, oh hey, look at Limited Run Games, or Nicalis...smaller publishers relative to these other ones, and their games are always nicely packaged, and even include some manuals and other goodies inside the box. Bethesda can't even be bothered to put the fucking game in the box.

¡Hip Hop!

Nov 9, 2017
I'm mostly digital on the Switch anyway. Funny enough I might buy this physical now purely to get the box.

LuigiV

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Perth, Australia
This is already a super common practice for PC games. I have a Tekken 7 steel book that hilariously just had a card with a steam code in it. It was only a matter of time before we started getting console games the same way.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I'm guessing the physical edition is just marketing? Maybe a way for someone browsing the game section of a store to see it and know the game exists? I dunno, just trying to understand this move.

KoopaSwitch

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
I am so tired of this shit from big publishers on the Switch. I'm sorry, but fuck off with this cheap ass shit. It's ALWAYS the big publishers that do this crap too. Capcom, Bethesda, 2K, etc...They're the only who cheap out on these Switch games.

Yet, oh hey, look at Limited Run Games, or Nicalis...smaller publishers relative to these other ones, and their games are always nicely packaged, and even include some manuals and other goodies inside the box. Bethesda can't even be bothered to put the fucking game in the box.

Usually Limited Run etc release tiny eShop games. Apparently people are willing to put 2-5x more for a cartridge and some stickers.

Good news is GCU members will get 20% off this digital copy of the game

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
lol, so can we expect physical sales?

"Digital Only" box copies are literally a waste of resources

Strings

Oct 27, 2017

Because their games are way bigger in terms of size and scope? This obviously sucks, but Bethesda is still doing a day and date release.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
So it's digital-only, just with an optional case for show? The case is certainly part of the appeal of going physical, so I'd still opt for this over buying directly from the eShop, but... bleh.