• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vinnk

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
No, because all games require a Day 1 update. Its either bug fixes, enabling online or adding new things. What you get in the case is NOT the final form - thats the point.

This isn't true though. All games do not require a day 1 update. I have many games that have never needed any updates. Your overall opinion is valid, you don't have to resort to exaggeration or hyperbole to make it.

KoopaSwitch

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
This isn't true though. All games do not require a day 1 update. I have many games that have never needed any updates. Your overall opinion is valid, you don't have to resort to exaggeration or hyperbole to make it.

What games have never been updated from this generation that were day 1 with a physical/digital release?

Please post a list.

Oct 25, 2017
But what you have is an unfinished game without the updates. I guess if you want to keep moving that goalpost farther and farther go for it.

There is no goalposts. There is just facts.

Many many games do not require day 1 patches.
Now if you want to talk about bug fixes, features, etc. That's fine. That's a separate argument.
But your original one was false.

KoopaSwitch

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
There is no goalposts. There is just facts.

Many many games do not require day 1 patches.
Now if you want to talk about bug fixes, features, etc. That's fine. That's a separate argument.
But your original one was false.

Those are day 1 patches for an unfinished product. No point in continuing the convo as neither of us are going to budge.

Vinnk

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
Those are day 1 patches for an unfinished product. No point in continuing the convo as neither of us are going to budge.

Do you know what day one means? I think we might be having our problem there.

A lot of games get later updates but a "Day 1 patch" means there is an update ready on the launch day of a game. And most Switch games do not have that. A lot of them get updates later but again not all.

What games have never been updated from this generation that were day 1 with a physical/digital release?

Please post a list.

Certainly.

As for games with (so far) no updates whatsoever, I can only go by the ones I own so there are certainly more but:

Valkyria Chronicles 4
Dragon Quest Builders
Code of Princess EX
Wild Guns Reloaded
Minna de Wai Wai Splunker
Okami HD
The World Ends with You
Bayonetta
Bayonetta 2
Most of the Limited Run titles (I have 15 of them and the only ones that needed an updates were Mercenary Kings and Night Trap and neither update was day 1 and both updates came after I had beaten the games.)

And again every game I own was both playable and completable on day 1 with no updates whatsoever.

Iceberg

Oct 28, 2017
It's just a matter of price for me:

- Digital-only release: EUR40 (plus EUR2 as Nintendo Gold Points for future purchases)
- Code-in-a-box: EUR23.24 (plus EUR0.40 as Nintendo Gold Points for future purchases)

EUR38 vs EUR22.84, gimme code-in-a-box games.

Code-in-a-box via fnac.es:
-5% for fnac.es members
-EUR10 using a preorder code

=

23.24 euros

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Codes in a box also helps with the nightmare scenario of games being delisted, because there could always be a code out there in stores waiting to be used.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
It's just a matter of price for me:

- Digital-only release: EUR40 (plus EUR2 as Nintendo Gold Points for future purchases)
- Code-in-a-box: EUR23.24 (plus EUR0.40 as Nintendo Gold Points for future purchases)

EUR38 vs EUR22.84, gimme code-in-a-box games.

Code-in-a-box via fnac.es:
-5% for fnac.es members
-EUR10 using a preorder code

=

23.24 euros
We live in a truly bizarre world. Think how much more that code in a box copy has cost something else.

This retail parity thing needs to die quick.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't manage to read the whole thread, but is this only for Switch, or all versions? I have a bad connection out here.