• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Congrats to SSM for another fistful of awards.....the transformation that the new God of War made was really incredible,and the greatest thing was that it still felt like God of War,not an easy thing to do.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
giphy.gif

Unagi

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know about that. The speech he makes to Jimmy Brooks in the very first mission in Chapter 2 is one of the most subtly menacing things I've ever seen.

Arthur: That's very kind of you. But I'm not a good man, Jimmy Brooks. Not usually. You see, I was in Blackwater. I kill people. And maybe I shoulda killed you. Should I have killed you Jimmy Brooks?
Jimmy: Me...? I n-never saw you. N-not now, not n-never. I think we have an understanding?
Arthur: Of course we do. Jimmy Brooks... I will remember that. I've got a good memory. *taps temple*

Or all the times he teases John about being close to water? Nah, Arthur is excellent the whole way through, even if Chapter 6 is an elevation.
Oh, I wasn't saying he wasn't well done throughout, I think pretty much everyone in the gang is at least well written, even the super side characters are pretty much all decently written in RDR2, but he develops so damn much towards the end of the game, that it's just on another level to him throughout most of the game imo and what makes him really great.

Tonight the message BAFTA are sending to the video game industry is that you have to play safe, do the same everyone has been doing for years and you will be rewarded. They are not better than certain video game forum. Disappointing.
If you think GoW was playing it safe, you don't know what you are talking about. Though it'd be great if everyone can "play it safe" and give us games as good as GoW.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Tonight the message BAFTA are sending to the video game industry is that you have to play safe, do the same everyone has been doing for years and you will be rewarded. They are not better than certain video game forum. Disappointing.
You realize the game that won changed everything about itself right? You're trying too hard to become a meme now or you need to seek help.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Today in Posts from the Mirror Universe.

If you think that God of War was "playing it safe" you have no fucking idea what you are talking about.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
I played Florence for the first time the other day, and found it to be an absolute delight. It was a really clever and memorable game, plus it had a gorgeous soundtrack. Congrats to Mountains!

The only real grumble I have re: winners is Jeremy Davies winning over Roger Clark and Christopher Judge. Davies' performance was great, but Clark and Judge were something else again.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, was there no Fellowship award this time? I thought that was something they did every year by default, and there's still a ton of greats out there who merit inclusion.

(Just looked at the website; seems it's optional if it's in a given year, it's averaged about one every two years ish)

Khaos Prime

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God of War swept GOTY at all the major award shows.

Kind of crazy to think about when most thought RDR2 was the surefire bet for most people.

Deleted member 27315

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
God of War swept GOTY at all the major award shows.

Kind of crazy to think about when most thought RDR2 was the surefire bet for most people.

A big accomplishment if we realise that it was a battle against a giant(RDR). Both commercially and in terms of quality.
Seems like GOW is maybe the biggest release of the generation for now.

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
A big accomplishment if we realise that it was a battle against a giant(RDR). Both commercially and in terms of quality.
Seems like GOW is maybe the biggest release of the generation for now.

I would says it's the 3rd, BOTW and Witcher 3 are the #1 and #2.

In ERA Bloodborne would be there too.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Bafta is my favourite award show, hope Dara returns next year as well.

Labo winning Game Innovation was the only award I rolled my eyes on.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Hahaha holy shit man, stop being so dramatic and wrong, because yes, you're dead wrong here. The SSM team didn't play it safe AT ALL. Wow I thought it was a joke at first but it seems you were serious.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
God of war deserved it. Literally everything about the game is the antithesis to what it originally was, and that means the most out of anything.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Last edited: