Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Balan Wonderland demo incoming. Launching January 28th. Glad they're releasing a demo, I'm still a bit on the fence personally so I'm happy I'll be able to try it out beforehand.

Publisher Square Enix and developer Arzest will release a demo for Balan Wonderworld for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam

The demo will feature Acts 1 and 2 of Chapter 1, Act 1 of Chapter 4, and Act 1 of Chapter 6, as well as access to the Isle of Tims, the hub area where you can also raise mysterious creatures called Tims. The demo also supports two-person local multiplayer.

Source: Gematsu

Last edited:

Tailzo

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
balanwonderworld2.jpg

I'm excited to try it

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
Sweet. The transformation mechanic looks really Mario Odyssey-esque, so I was hoping there would be a demo to give it a try and see how the Switch version performs.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Oh fuck yeah.

I'm unreasonably excited about this game despite it looking kinda like shit in those Japanese YouTuber PS5 hands on sessions. Their initial trailer with the Nights into Dreams rip-off sound effects still has me hyped.

Tailzo

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
balan-wonderworld-level.jpg

I hope the amount of versions doesn't prove to be too big of a task for them, I want this to be good

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Did not expect a Steam demo. I normally avoid demos but I am really curious as to how this feels, so I am definitely in.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
this has about a zero percent chance at appealing to a broad western audience anyway, so they may as well indulge themselves
I feel the game would have more of a shot if the Switch version wasnt so rough looking - well maybe it looks better now than it did last year...but you probably wanna get this on a more powerful system unless the demo surprises.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Sure, I'll give it a try. It's been on my radar, but in that "I'll wait for it to be like $30 or less" way.

Also, is it weird my thought was "wow, 4 levels & a boss? That's actually a decent amount of content for a demo"? Guess this'll show how long a level is & how much there is to do.

Randomless

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hyped for this demo. I was worried about Switch performance so I'll actually be able to compare first-hand to PS4.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'll try it too, I want the game but everytime they show it, it has very bad performance on Switch.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Still surprised this got picked up by a major publisher, but as a fan of Naka for Sonic, Nights and PSO, I'll definitely be giving this a chance.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Every instinct in my brain is telling me the game isn't gonna be good but I'm still interested in trying it so this demo is a blessing.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Nice, this is a game where it's important to know how it feels in your hands before purchasing. It looks kind of janky in the footage so far.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Looks like a lost PS2 platformer that was rediscovered and that has me super hyped.

XaosWolf

One Winged Slayer - Powered by Friendship™
Oct 27, 2017
Really looking forward to this even if it ends up being mediocre. Rodea kinda sucked.
Somewhat off topic but I'd love a Billy Hatcher port for the Switch.

V has come to

Dec 4, 2019
perfect, i usually ignore demos but i'm so on the fence about this game and want it to be good that i'll definitely be playing it

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's like a lot of content for a demo? I'm always up for more Naka content. Hope the game show some of his dev prowess as well

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Any word on if the co-op is split screen or shared, and if there's online co-op at all?

Also, this has the same release date as It Takes Two... It's going to be a co-op platforming bonanza for me that week.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now I know what this reminds me of, Blinx the Time Sweeper. Though that was Artoon. This game just has that Xbox vibe to it

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
This'll determine whether or not I'll buy it. I like the look of it, but I'm really afraid it'll control like ass.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
I'm interested in the game conceptually (and also due to Naka) but have been completely put off by every single bit of footage shown so far.

Glad they're releasing a demo but I'm not really expecting much.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
PS5 demo? That is a first. Well it's really misleading because it will be a PS4 demo playable on PS5.
I think they just wanted to list as many platforms as possible.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Nice. Game looks pretty fun so I'm looking forward to trying it out. Still think the human character designs look awful though.