• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017

Balan Wonderworld

BALAN WONDERWORLD is an action platformer game themed around the Balan Theatre. Led by the enigmatic maestro named Balan, the stars of the show Emma and Leo will use special abilities from a multitude of characterful costumes as they adventure in the bizarre and imaginary land of Wonderworld...

Looks like the latest trend in the gaming world is to give 10s to bad games. Currently has 8.5 user score.

Last edited:

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
To be fair, the game what probably was the worst demo ever made since that sonic forces switch demo that was completely broken

so COMPARED TO THE DEMO it is a pretty awesome game xD

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
The demo turned me off the game it is the only demo to ever do that.

It is a pretty impressive demo. Like i am not talking only about how they choose the most bland levels ... the most important mechanic of the game is that you can BRING COSTUMES TO OTHER LEVELS and this is nowhere to be seen in the levels. Like there are levels in the demo that you have more than 5 different costumes in the final game

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Naaaah, they're totally legit. Just like how Gotti was unfairly maligned by the media!!111!1!

images

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
My buddy told me that Sonic fans were reverse review-bombing Balan "to help out Yuji Naka" which seemed really wholesome but I didn't believe it.

Looking at the MetaCritic sites for the game- yeah. He was right.

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
User reviews on big sites have been useless for a decade, so I actually don't think it matters that much. All user reviews are fake.

Also, dolphin trauma always deserves a 10

Last edited:

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
Stuff like this makes me wonder how many of this game's sales are going to be for ironic reasons.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Demo made me more ill than even the roughest VR game... there's some black magic going on there.

Oct 25, 2017
I just want square enix to keep pumping money on games like Left Alive, The Quiet Man and this. no other big publisher seems willing to do it in the last decade

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
User reviews on big sites have been useless for a decade, so I actually don't think it matters that much. All user reviews are fake.

Also, dolphin trauma always deserves a 10

wtf? lmao

This happened with Left alive as well (another Square published game). Critics score 40, User Score 8.5 (with 1500 reviews). Surely this is legit!

www.metacritic.com

Left Alive

Left Alive for PC game reviews & Metacritic score: Left Alive tells a human story of survival from the perspective of three different protagonists during the devastating invasion set in war-torn Novo Slava in 21...