• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Saw this earlier, looks neat. But what's with that name tho. Sounds like he'll lose his hair throughout the game.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
That name is giving me flashbacks to the moving containers stage of R-Type you could only survive by memorizing the path of every single container. Those were called Baldo by the GB version manual (and the whole stage "Baldo Garden").

CallmeDave

Oct 27, 2017
The world looks absolutely beautiful but there seems to be something off with the main character. Maybe the way he animates or emotes? Looks like a robot running around.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Environments look beautiful but the way the characters are drawn looks so out of place with everything around them. It kind of hurts my eyes.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
yo shit we're getting a balto game?
515RC41NCDL._SY445_.jpg

Booya_base

Oct 31, 2017
Jersey
That name is giving me flashbacks to the moving containers stage of R-Type you could only survive by memorizing the path of every single container. Those were called Baldo by the GB version manual (and the whole stage "Baldo Garden").
My man! That is an utter nightmare and most of my master system R type runs end there.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Read thread title initially as Balto and was like cooool. Read it as Baldo and was like lol. At least it wasn't Balde

Game does look interesting though. Can tell they were going for that Miyazaki/NiNoKuni look. It doesn't quite reach that point however

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Having watched the trailer I just knew it wasn't a Japanese dev from the way it looked. Too many people nowadays are trying to impersonate an anime esque style and it's just incredibly hard to pull it off. I can't help but think the game looks like a knockoff of a much better and more refined ghibli artstyle.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Saw this earlier, looks neat. But what's with that name tho. Sounds like he'll lose his hair throughout the game.
Hey, that's what I call every bald guy after we get remotely friendly.
Looks nice but what were they thinking with that name
The main villain is called male pattern baldness.
After the Temple of Time equivalent he ages up to 18 and finds his genetics have betrayed him. Worse, fantasy worlds don't have 5α-reductase inhibitors.
Baldo? Didn't realise my dad became a video game character!
5vmryJp.png

Catsygreen

Nov 1, 2017
It is always fascinating to see how much Japanese animation has inspired Western developers. I think that's a good thing. Now will they succeed in giving it a real soul... and a real gameplay. That remains to be seen.