• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Edit: Thread for the reveal stream https://www.resetera.com/threads/ba...reveal-stream-8pm-gmt-3pm-est-on-27th.172327/

Saved and re-uploaded to imgur in case site takes them down. Below is few picked ones, rest in the source at the bottom.

jEeuWft.jpg

8Gic926.jpg

PM2ysZc.jpg

uRbTbmp.jpg

Source: https://imgur.com/a/RMQ8QCi

Original source: https://www.jeuxactu.com/jeu/images-baldur-s-gate-3-20343-5.htm

Edit: Credit goes to https://www.resetera.com/threads/ba...from-tomorrows-gameplay-trailer.172107/page-5 thread, I decided to make "New news, new thread" step

Last edited:

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
I would have been interested if it was also possible to have a 3rd person view like in Dragon Age Origins.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Looks great.

Now all the nonsense that they're doing third person or action combat can finally burn.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
This looks like a good compromise for everyone. The in-personal dialog due to the distance has always been one of the bigger gripes from more casual players of isometric games.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Considering this is a D&D game should I be able to expect a Monk class? I was really disappointed Divinity OS2 didn't have a hand to hand fighting style cause I just wanna punch the shit out of my enemies.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
I would love behind the back camera option along top-down camera, but its not a big deal as we have proper cutscene and close up camera for conversation.

After 10 years, it looks like I'm finally going to get the true successor to Dragon Age Origins :')

Kaim Argonar

Dec 8, 2017
Considering this is a D&D game should I be able to expect a Monk class? I was really disappointed Divinity OS2 didn't have a hand to hand fighting style cause I just wanna punch the shit out of my enemies.
If you play on PC there are class mods for D:OS2 you can try. I'm pretty damn sure there was a Monk class mod specifically.

Smoolio

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I never could of dreamed that they would actually do what I only had a fleeting hope for, Larian the gods

ez123

Feb 18, 2020
Looks great. All signs point to an RTwP option so that's good. The last shot looks like Henry Cavill when Geralt goes to the feast.

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
Looks just about perfect. I just hope this isn't a Shenmue 3 situation where a lot of people loudly demanded that Shenmue 3 should exist, thus willing it into existence, despite never having had the intention of purchasing it. At least this isn't on Kickstarter.

OP
OP
Tovarisc

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Looks just about perfect. I just hope this isn't a Shenmue 3 situation where a lot of people loudly demanded that Shenmue 3 should exist, thus willing it into existence, despite never having had the intention of purchasing it. At least this isn't on Kickstarter.

This will sell well even if hardcore BG fans would reject this. After DOS2 Larian has a lot visibility, people loved that game.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
It's made by Larian so it'll be good, and even people like me who barely remember Baldur's Gate want it.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Looks amazing and like a game that actually could come out in a realistic short time frame - its fair to get hyped at this point.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Dunno what to make of that... but I sure miss the painted 2d portraits. The 3D portraits are so lifeless and ugly.
Like holy shit every single portrait looks like an expressionless model viewer.

Almeister

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking at actual Baldur's Gate 3 screenshots... Never thought this day would come. Anyone remember that one screen of a developer's desktop that was a graveyard scene from the 'original' BG3 back in the mid 00's? That was the closest we ever got!

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Like I said in the main thread, I'm not a fan of how the UI looks like it was just lifted from D:OS2 - BG should have it's own distinct, unique visual identity - and I really dislike the first person dialogue option style, but otherwise I'm very excited.