• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Interplay and Wizards of the Coast have announced that the PS2/original-Xbox-era action-RPG classic Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance is being re-released for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch on May 7, 2021 – meaning tomorrow. It will be available on digital storefronts only for $29.99. Check out the announcement/launch trailer above.

This is a re-release and not a remaster or remake, so outside of 4K support for Xbox Series X, PS5, Xbox One X, and PS4 Pro, there aren't a lot of new features. Two-player local cooperative play returns, of course. PC and mobile versions will be released later this year.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance (The Original) listed on PSN

BG:DA 1&2 are my favorite dungeon crawlers of all-time. Considering how rare & under-appreciated they are, I’m hoping we get word of this soon. As having access to the originals is a BIG deal to me. So much so that I’ll easily buy it multiple times. I’m an absolute fiend for these games. Wonder...

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Loved this on PS2 back in the day.

I'm surprised the PC release isn't a priority given the audience gobbles games like this up. At least it supports 4k on consoles, might have to re-play this for the nostalgia.

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Yessss! God I have so much nostalgia for this game playing with either my brother or cousin in co-op mode. Love it to death.

Can't wait to dig into it with my GF tomorrow.

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
damn it
for a second I was really hoping for online co op, but I guess that isn't a realistic hope

CornIsGood

Oct 25, 2017
$30 is a bit much but it's cool to see it get a re-release. Hopefully they put out the sequel as well as I never had a chance to play it.

t67443

Oct 30, 2017
I was interested in the game back when it came out but never bought it. I don't know if I want to jump into it now though.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Did they mention a price yet? I'd prefer $20 or less, but they could probably talk me into $30...

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Loved this game in coop on PS2 back in the days. Between this and D2R happening this year I'm quite happy on the nostalgia Action RPG front.

Hope the Switch version is solid

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game has not aged well, I cannot imagine paying 30 bucks for this game when games like Grim Dawn exist for less than that haha.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd pay $30 if it included Dark Alliance 2......but for a single game this is a pretty steep asking price.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Very in to this but $30 might be a bit too much for me here.

Might wait for a sale.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
$30 is a lot for a bare bones port, but I'll probably end up getting it on switch anyways

Blayde

Oct 27, 2017
Kentucky
lol $30 for a straight port with no changes? id pay that for even a minimal remaster.

$10 max for a straight port.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
30 bucks for a port of a ps2 game with no enhancements? Lmao pass.

Crumrin

Banned
Feb 27, 2020
Yes!!! I love how unexpected this announcement was. $30 seems fine to me, I will buy the game for sure! 😀

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I remember enjoying this. $30 seems like a lot for an ancient port though.

Maybe I'll pick it up and play through with my partner though.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
Joining my voice to the chorus: 30 dollars feels like a lot for an ancient ps2 game with no new features, graphical updates, or even online playability.
You can currently buy a straight port of the best ps2 game of all time (chulip) for only 10 dollars usd on ps3.

I'm always interested to try these much loved ps2 games from before my time with games, but I don't know about this one. I imagine it'll be on sale at some point.

Jul 1, 2020
You could sort of do online multiplayer with Share Play on PS4/5 and when the PC version drops you can use Steam's streaming solution or something like Parsec.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'm sure this is the game I remember playing with my brother when I was younger, it's always bugged me trying to remember what it was.

Think I'll wait for a sale and try it out

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Never played it, but looks fun. I've been playing Minecraft Dungeons with my (casual gamer) wife, I wonder if we should give this a try. Is the gameplay too complex or too hard?

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda sad they didnt add Online Coop to it, guess you could work around that by using that Share-Play feature thingy on PS4/5.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Wow I am so surprised they're re-releasing this game - I have a ton of fond memories with it (it was my first ever game when I got a PS2) but even I have to admit, $30 is a lot for this.

I'll probably wait for a sale to $20 or lower and preferably on Steam when it comes out later this year.

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
Uh, I liked the game a lot, but not paying 30 bucks for a re-release with nearly no work done and no online co-op, sorry...

Oct 28, 2017
Well that is a day 1 purchase (well day 3 since I'll be moving). I cannot fucking believe they finally did it. Now give me part 2 and I can pack away my old copies forever.