• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Questions】
Please tell us about the situation of the digital business in the third quarter of the fiscal year ending March 31, 2023.

[Answer]
In terms of network content, the title of the "DRAGON BALL" series and the title of "ONE PIECE" continue to perform well.
In addition to continued strong sales of Toru, we released four new app games in Japan and overseas.
In terms of repeat sales of home video games, "ELDEN RING", which was released in the previous term, will be the first title of the same title.
Sales were strong due to the effect of sales, but total sales of repeat titles totaled 8.2 million units (previous year).
10.31 million in 2015). In addition, the sales ratio of other companies' titles increased. In addition, the competitive ring
Due to the severe market environment, such as the intensifying market environment, we decided to cancel the development of multiple titles and review the business plan.
Appraisal loss, etc. were recorded.

【Questions】
Please tell us about the anticipated new home video game titles that you plan to release from the next fiscal year onwards.

[Answer]
From the next fiscal year onwards, new titles in the Tekken series and joint development with FromSoftware have been decided.
We are planning to release "ARMORED CORE," which will be released in Japan, and titles developed by overseas studios.

【Questions】
One Piece Products and service have continued to perform well, please tell us how things are going.

[Answer]
One Piece products are doing well in various categories, such as the Video Game "One Piece Odyssey" released in January and network content app, but the Trading card game is performing particular well atm. The number of overseas fans has increase due to the blockbuster success of Film Red and due to that the products and services of "One Piece" are also growing significantly overseas. We believe we can continue to expand our fan base by developing it in various categories.

【Questions】
Please tell us about the status of "Gundam" and future plans.

[Answer]
In the classic IP "Gundam" series, "Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch of Mercury" became a big topic, and young people
We were able to acquire new fans, such as those from different demographics and women. As for the product category, sales in the fourth quarter centered on gunpla.
We believe that the business will continue to perform well thereafter. In addition, the Gundam Metaverse is deeply connected with Gundam fans around the world.
As one of the measures to continue, we are preparing to foster a fan community. development is progressing smoothly
So, we plan to conduct a closed test of the Gunpla Colony during this term.

【Questions】
Please tell us about the Gunpla production system and future supply.

[Answer]
The production volume is increasing by double digits every year, but it is not keeping up with demand due to the expansion of fans.
is the current situation. In addition to the production factory at the Bandai Hobby Center (Shizuoka City), cooperative factories and group companies
We are increasing our production capacity. In addition, in addition to expanding the Bandai Hobby Center in the year before last, we are also constructing a new factory.
We have also acquired land for the next medium-term plan, and plan to further increase our production capacity.

【Questions】
Is the fusion of digital and toys/hobbies progressing? Are there any measures such as organizational restructuring to promote integration?
[Answer]
In an entertainment unit that integrates digital and toys and hobby into one unit, multiple professional
The project is underway and we are beginning to see results. For example, the home game title "ELDEN RING"
Figures that utilize the IP of the company and fishing rods that can be played in the home game title "Fishing Spirits"
Model controllers were released from Toy Hobby, and were very popular. Promoting closer cooperation than ever before
We believe that it is also necessary to make dynamic efforts toward the future.

【Questions】
Are there any changes to your strategy in the medium-term plan?
[Answer]
There is no change in the strategy of the medium-term plan. Currently, we have set high numerical targets that surpass the hurdles of the previous fiscal year,
Each group employee is working hard at BANDAI NAMCO. In addition, regarding the second and third years of the medium-term plan,
We will implement various measures to ensure sustainable growth.

Film Red blazing One Piece recent sucess, is there anything this girl can't do?

uta-uta-one-piece.gif

Might just be a google translation issue, but they mention Tekken Titles, so maybe more than Tekken 8 may be coming. They maybe talking bundling all the updates to Tekken 7 in a new package.

Please close if old.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah i can see Tekken 8 releasing in February 2024 then. I felt like the game would be released in like second half 2024 after what we've seen last weekend.

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
If you plan to expand One Piece, how about you start dubbing the games, preferably in more than just English.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The witch from mercury is very good. I almost never watch anime and it has managed to be both good and not as skeevy and male gazey as any anime I've watched with a diverse cast and an LGBTQ centric romance while still having plenty of awesome robots and interesting plot.
Like... It's really really good and the gunpla are insanely popular. I hope it's a positive trend for the brand going forward.

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
Gunpla really took off for them during lockdown. Crazy to see they've doubled output and still can't keep up with demand.

Nov 23, 2017
Gunpla growth is crazy. My kid self is thrilled. I hope this is good news for the Gundam Universe figure line because I'm committed to owning them all.

OP
OP
Reyes
Gunpla really took off for them during lockdown. Crazy to see they've doubled output and still can't keep up with demand.

Covid seems to have a massive effect on anime/manga and it's merchandise.

If you plan to expand One Piece, how about you start dubbing the games, preferably in more than just English.
Give it time, maybe they will update the title with a patch in the future like they did with MHA or just in the next title.

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
Covid seems to have a massive effect on anime/manga and it's merchandise.

Give it time, maybe they will update the title with a patch in the future like they did with MHA or just in the next title.
Would be nice, but my most preferred way would be getting the German dub, which has next to no chance of happening. 😞

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
"Due to the severe market environment, such as the intensifying market environment, we decided to cancel the development of multiple titles and review the business plan."

Ridge Racer dead again, can't have shit in this house.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Curious to see if they push a Gundam game that'll appeal to the "new" Witch from Mercury fans.

A lot of Gundam just relies on "Your favorite Gundams from across the series are here". So there's more potential for something that would appeal to more newcomers or non-fans.

Deleted member 35509

Account closed at user request
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Gimme a Shounen fighter with the NInja Storm or Strive engine, thank you. Want to sell a billion with endless DLC? There's your answer. You're welcome Bandai.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gimme a Shounen fighter with the NInja Storm or Strive engine, thank you. Want to sell a billion with endless DLC? There's your answer. You're welcome Bandai.
a lot of those fighters are already made in unreal to start with

Curious to see if they push a Gundam game that'll appeal to the "new" Witch from Mercury fans.

A lot of Gundam just relies on "Your favorite Gundams from across the series are here". So there's more potential for something that would appeal to more newcomers or non-fans.
given the growth in the nonstandard demos thanks to TWoM, I'm not sure a typical action game would be suffice

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
The witch from mercury is very good. I almost never watch anime and it has managed to be both good and not as skeevy and male gazey as any anime I've watched with a diverse cast and an LGBTQ centric romance while still having plenty of awesome robots and interesting plot.
Like... It's really really good and the gunpla are insanely popular. I hope it's a positive trend for the brand going forward.
The previous Iron Blooded Orphans was also very good with this. While not fully commiting to the male romance it nonetheless heavily implied it and didn't make fun of it in any way but instead really made you feel for the characters.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
It's kind of weird One Piece is finally having a moment in America with Film Red's success, the card game selling out everywhere, and the games doing well.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
a lot of those fighters are already made in unreal to start with

given the growth in the nonstandard demos thanks to TWoM, I'm not sure a typical action game would be suffice

It would definitely need to be something that puts the story first. Would almost say something like a SRPG would be a good fit for something like that.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I assume Tekken title"s" is just a figure of speech and it is just Tekken 8.
And yeah, that new Gundam show is pretty popular, both the show itself and the model market tied to it.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
If they can it would be amazing to release Tekken 8 like the week after TWT Finals. When people are at their absolute most excited. Well, unless Akuma wins again lmao

Assuming finals are February again I could see that happening for sure.

SilentStorm

Apr 14, 2019

They never do games that are just about one series these days, i think the last attempts flopped in comparison to multiple crossover games.

Then again, i think the last time they really tried this was with Gundam AGE and that series is in a great position into being the least popular entry in the entire franchise around the entire world, not just the West or Japan, and Witch From Mercury is already more liked than AGE...but i still doubt it, a lot of people who buy Gundam games have seen more than one series already or actually don't mind seeing and trying units from series they haven't seen.

Brings to mind another mecha game franchise that routinely has Gundam, Super Robot Wars, which is a turn based strategy game series composed of mechas from several series, not just Gundam and i think most players haven't seen every series but still play the games just because giant robots are cool and they summarize the series that are in to some extent.

Heck, some Gundams get their first playable appearances in that series rather than something Gundam only, for example, the latest game, SRW 30, is the only console game to have Gundam Narrative in it though that appeared in an arcade only for Japan before, and yet it had something like this in between 5 Gundam series(more with DLC):

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yij4AYdGFI

...Man, i hope Super Robot Wars comes back soon.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think the "Tekken titles" is just google translate weirdness. Japanese does not differentiate between singular and plural in this case. Probably just referring to T8.

Oct 27, 2017
With the huge success of One Piece Film Red I'm still hoping for some kind of Uta related DLC for One Piece Odyssey. Please, Bandai!!

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
One Piece has a near doubling of sales year over year thanks to boosts from Film Red.
Dragon Ball has also received a large boost with the help of Super Hero, it not only remains their top performing licensed IP, but is actually expected to have its best year on record.
I don't really follow Gundam, but it similarly had a big boost.
FoWl6WJaAAAfa6S

I think OP is having its best year on record too, but I'm not 100% sure since I don't follow that IP's performance as much as I do with DB.

Last edited:

Deleted member 35509

Account closed at user request
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
OP FighterZ would be neat but like, they have so many licenses. Just make a damn remake of the DS game with FighterZ or Ninja Storm engine.

It's such a simple and obvious idea and fans would eat up the DLC. I just don't understand Japanese companies and their logic sometimes...it makes my brain hurt.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

I'd really just expect Aerial to show up in whatever the next crossover game is. Little hope of them ever doing another original game or one focused on just one series.

Deleted member 10981

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 24, 2022
Really hoping those "cancelled titles" are more low-budget licensed anime games and less new entries in established franchises/new IP.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
OP FighterZ would be neat but like, they have so many licenses. Just make a damn remake of the DS game with FighterZ or Ninja Storm engine.

It's such a simple and obvious idea and fans would eat up the DLC. I just don't understand Japanese companies and their logic sometimes...it makes my brain hurt.
With FighterZ selling 10 million units and being Arcsys' best selling title ever it might be smarter to just do sequel to that, though a Naruto fighter from them would probably also sell incredibly well. One Piece would be a big question mark since it hasn't had any console games that are break out successes like DB and Naruto have.
oh wow, gundam actually beating one piece
It always does. This is probably the smallest gap they've had though, at least in the last decade.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Heck, some Gundams get their first playable appearances in that series rather than something Gundam only, for example, the latest game, SRW 30, is the only console game to have Gundam Narrative in it though that appeared in an arcade only for Japan before, and yet it had something like this in between 5 Gundam series(more with DLC):

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yij4AYdGFI

Narrative Gundam is also DLC for SD Gundam Battle Alliance. But, yeah, SRW30 came first.

www.youtube.com

SD Gundam Battle Alliance – DLC Season Pass Trailer

The season pass for SD Gundam Battle Alliance is here which includes DLC Pack 1 and two more DLC packs coming soon.Get new mobile suits, experience additiona...