• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017

Quote of the image:
Japanese video game publisher Bandai Namco is adding more resources in developing games for Nintendo's Switch, says President Mitsuaki Taguchi.

Bandai is also looking to boost games for the console in the year starting next April. "We have put 3 games on the Switch and all of them are doing well he said." "It's a shame, but we didn't think the Switch [would] be accepted this fast."

He added, all of Bandai's properties could see product made available for Switch.

Edit:

The following tweet is from this quote below it:

Mochizuki from WSJ basically reposted what he tweeted earlier, minus the part about DBXV2 sales

It should say that there are 3 big worldwide games coming to Switch between Spring to Summer 2018. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Confirmation of said Tweet:

Seems like it:
-From next Spring and into the Summer, there will be "3 big titles coming/developing worldwide", exclusively for Switch.
-Continued development for software on PS/Xbox/Steam. Plenty of dev resources available.

Update:

Just confirming this now. Bandai Namco has posted their presentation in English and in one of the slides it says, "Beginning of development of original titles for Nintendo Switch"

Source: http://www.bandainamco.co.jp/en/ir/library/pdf/presentation/en_20171107_Presentation.pdf

Yes, I know, the presentation looks like it was made in 2001.

Last edited:

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
I'd be shocked if Dragon Ball Fighterz doesn't happen some time next year.

Amiibola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
All this talk is making me feel that the industry has become just a bunch of cowards.

I mean, it was already known, but... Dude

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
People will try to make comparisons to Capcom saying the same thing, but when Bamco says it I actually believe them. I wouldn't be surprised if Code Vein or Dark Souls are being ported right now as fast as they can.

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully FighterZ is coming. Beyond that, looking forward to anything else they can bring. A Tekken 7 portable would be ace. Also that new Code Vein game could be cool. I also really enjoyed Namco Musuem in Switch from them(wish it had another couple games admittedly), id be down for a volume 2.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Publishers being surprised is a thing. Nintendo not preparing this though is dumb. They should've actively courted these partners that were on board with 3DS.

MongKey

Oct 29, 2017
Release God Eater 3 on the switch and they'll have the hunting genre all to themselves on the platform for foreseeable future.

Oct 28, 2017
There is a Tales game coming.

Outside of that, I expect to see DBFZ and maybe some new properties. I'm hoping for Tekken and Katamari myself.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Publishers being surprised is a thing. Nintendo not preparing this though is dumb. They should've actively courted these partners that were on board with 3DS.

Don't blame Nintendo for this. They rolled out the red carpet for Capcom and got paid dust.
It's probably the same for other major third parties.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom was involved with literal Hardware decisions on the Switch asking Nintendo to increase from the standard 3GB of ram Tegra X1 is supported by to the 4GB in Switch. They then chose to basically completely ignore switch

Amiibola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

My take on this is that Nintendo courted them. A lot

But third parties decided to just act dumb. And capcom and the RAM thing is the proof.

They got Bethesda on board ffs, fucking Bethesda of all companies

Dunban

Oct 28, 2017
Don't blame Nintendo for this. They rolled out the red carpet for Capcom and got paid dust.
It's probably the same for other major third parties.

The implication that Nintendo approached Bethesda and yet inexplicably forgot to do so for the Japanese third-parties is an amusing one, though.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I assume Cyber Sleuth will see a port. Along with the already announced Tales.

Really, whatever Bandai wants to bring over, I'll take it. They've had a real good run as of late.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
My Japanese is failing me. Sounds like there might be something noteworthy here?

p3Qeep8.png

Last edited:

Paradox House

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo with a handheld success? Nahhh

In other news what exactly were Japanese devs planning to do if fhe Switch failed? I dont remember any of them talking of downsizing.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bandai Namco had been hedging their bets and releasing some games on the platform compared to Capcom which has either been scrambling or doing nothing. If anything, Namco was more prepared than anything, just cautious.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like they're planning quick ports of already announced games to get them out as fast as possible. A rush of anime games in the spring/summer with fall/winter games having a day and date release

Deleted member 11926

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Allright, where's your next Tales at, Bamco? (And is it going to be an Unreal Engine thing, or are you still sticking with your old tech?)