• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Part of their Nostalgia Week on Twitter, Bandai Namco Nordics posted a thread on The iDOLM@STER series.

They capped off their thread talking about how the upcoming PS4 game launches this fall in Japan. They concluded it with the following poll:

This is the biggest bone they've given us in.. a while. And now that we even get Gundam Extreme VS in the West, I think we're long overdue. Hopefully this leads to something.

OP
OP

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that's definitely a weird poll if they aren't trying to tease something
Yeah that's my thinking. I think this might be the first time a Western branch of Bamco has even acknowledged the upcoming entry. And it IS getting a Steam release so, it's a very odd poll otherwise.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
They had mobile games localized for some time I thought (think they were delisted, I had a port of the PSP rhythm game on my old iphone). They should bring the other games over too.

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
A new idolmaster? boy sure hope Berserk fans are ready for another lengthy hiatus...

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
This latest entry would be the best shot the franchise has of a localisation if it ever were to get one.
1: It's on Steam.
2: The latest entry features characters from the multiple spinoff series, and it'd open the door for those phone games to get localised.
3: The anime series for those spinoffs have already been available in English so the franchise has significantly more exposure than it did years ago.

However I still take this more as a community manager that has some enthusiasm for the franchise, I'm not convinced that Namco will ever localise Idolmaster properly after that stupidly priced US only iOS port of a mediocre spinoff flopped many years ago.

Type VII

Oct 31, 2017
I've played most of them in Japanese. English would feel weird but would be very welcome.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Gimme the iDOLM@STER you Bandai Bandits!

HMmYKux.gif

OP
OP

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Joy ended up reaching out to me.. They're at least trying to let higher ups know about demand. So if you're a fan, tweet out some support so they know!

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
They did end up replying with this

So we'll see.

So, I don't buy this because usually when companies ask questions like this, they've already decided they're releasing the product and polls like this are for additional data/metrics i.e. "if we do a CE how many units do we print", things like that. They knew what they were doing posting this.

Edit: LOL I JUST saw the above post. OK!

STHX

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think this is a tease but from steamdb it does seem there was some consideration about it (or they are currently thinking to do it): the game is region locked but the "package" is fully priced in every currency, you can see it here https://steamdb.info/sub/542717/
In fact you can access the package directly from Steam (but you can't buy it, even if you press the add to cart button it never happens since it's region locked) as seen here https://store.steampowered.com/sub/542717/

At first I didn't think about it because I though regional prices were set automatically, but then I checked other region locked Bamco releases like SRW (SRWV's package as an example) and they're not and it's not possible to access them through the Steam webpage either (it goes straight to the main page)

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
All we need to hear now is Bamco realising a chunk of their fanbase owns Switches and this'll be the most hopeful I'll be about the series' future in a long time.

An announcement of more Puchimas anime would be icing on the cake.