• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lmao I saw the thread title and thought "this has to be a Tales Of name it just screams it" and I'm glad that I wasn't alone thinking that

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Ohhh boy, hope it's a Tales game. Enjoyed Berseria, but they have to do something about the boring maps. And no more convoluted crafting systems.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Don't we usually get a lot of Tales of trademarks at once?

And don't they have "Tales of" attached to them?

However: Phil Spencer said there would be J-RPGs at their conference. It won't be KH or FF7. That leaves basically DQ, Tales of, and Platinum's GBF. MS and Platinum may still not like each other.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I read this as Entertainment first ...

Tales of Entertainment - Lead your party, consisting of Robert Downey Jr., Jimmy Kimmel, Nicki Minaj and Mark Hamill on an epic journey.

I'd buy that.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017

However: Phil Spencer said there would be J-RPGs at their conference. It won't be KH or FF7. That leaves basically DQ, Tales of, and Platinum's GBF. MS and Platinum may still not like each other.
I thought those were usually in Japan, while this is Australia... yea weird it doesn't even have "Tales of" with it.

Deleted member 26768

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I cannot imagine them announcing a new Tales game at E3 unless it is an XBOX exclusive which also would be a really weird plan on both sides. And Tales fest is right after E3.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Almost hurt my tongue while trying to pronounce it.

Why wouldn't it be KH3? it's probably that and cod vein. Maybe also Shadow Die Twice. I doubt Tales is coming back to Xbox consoles.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

Why wouldn't it be KH3? it's probably that and cod vein. Maybe also Shadow Die Twice. I doubt Tales is coming back to Xbox consoles.

I mean. I guess it COULD be. I'm not convinced of it, though.

I also considered putting Code Vein, but figured most people would say I was being too cynical. Tales of could easily come to Xbox for the show....it would just also be on PS4 and NSW.

lordlad

Banned for trolling with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Singapore
is this title the 'UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late[st]' of JRPGs in terms of nonsensical pronounciations?

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Sounds like a medical condition.
Honestly though it was going to be some surgeon simulator game

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I had to read this more than once, because my brain wanted to keep reading it as Eternia, even with all the other letters..

OP
OP
Strings

Strings

Oct 27, 2017

You're right about this, but iirc, they don't have to actually apply for the full name. For example, their filing for the last Digimon in Europe was just "Hacker's Memory",

They are sitting on a bunch of possible Tales Of titles... But what the hell could this be if it isn't that :P? Plus, trademarks filed close to E3 are always exciting!
Place your bets! Which platform(s) will this appear on?
I imagine they'll go for all 3 consoles, plus PC. I think (or at least hope) Microsoft wants to stop de facto Japanese exclusives, and Bamco has been stepping up with most of their recent releases.

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
I posted this in the community thread, but yeah, it definitely sounds like Tales, but there's a few things off about it. Usually these trademarks are found from Japan first, so this one being in Australia first is odd, plus it doesn't actually have "Tales of" as part of it like they usually seem to.

RalchAC

Oct 27, 2017
I cannot imagine them announcing a new Tales game at E3 unless it is an XBOX exclusive which also would be a really weird plan on both sides. And Tales fest is right after E3.

Tales of Berseria did quite well on PC, at least until Steamspy went down. Maybe Namco sees a reason to release it on X1 too, especially if they've finally buried their proprietary engine and are using UE4 like in other internal projects.

I doubt they're going exclusive again when they have 2 tested platforms. Especially not Microsoft, since Xbox has 0 presence in Japan and they need to get back as much of the audience that has dropped the series in the last few years.

I could see a teaser in Microsoft conference. Maybe a Tales of Vesperia BC/remaster announcement and a logo or something along those lines at the end of it.

Deleted member 43077

Banned
May 9, 2018
JRPG doesnt have to be those more traditional titles.

Code Vein is Japanese and an RPG and was on the Xbox stage at E3 last year. Same with Dark Souls 3.

OP
OP
Strings

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
The next next Tales game needs to be Tales of Sgfdjtrdtfdkia.
If you guys get the reference I'm talking about, thanks.
You've done it again Thomas Namco!

tenor.gif

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017

I think they can afford to add more 'ter' to the title. Enterterterterterterterterterteria.

Deleted member 10060

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Isn't this the longest we've gone without news on a new title in a very long time? Dare we hope they have taken some steps to renew the games? More interesting world, graphics, etc etc. They've all been very samey for years now. Honestly, they've felt more or less like the same game since they dropped fixed camera angles.

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018

MS plans on ending this generation with Timed Exclusives....and it wouldn't take that much money if we're being quite honest.

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018
Isn't this the longest we've gone without news on a new title in a very long time? Dare we hope they have taken some steps to renew the games? More interesting world, graphics, etc etc. They've all been very samey for years now. Honestly, they've felt more or less like the same game since they dropped fixed camera angles.
Apparently Berseria was supposed to be the last cross generation title...which could be just as much a bad thing as it could be a good thing.