• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Strings

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't this the longest we've gone without news on a new title in a very long time? Dare we hope they have taken some steps to renew the games? More interesting world, graphics, etc etc. They've all been very samey for years now. Honestly, they've felt more or less like the same game since they dropped fixed camera angles.
Berseria was the last PS3 game, and it was initially released August 18, 2016. It's also the last title longtime series producer Hideo Baba will have any involvement in, as he joined SE early last year to headline a new RPG series for them.

So I'm expecting some kind of jump, since they've had a relatively long development by Tales Of standards, but I'm not sure how big it'll really be if they share the same game across Switch (since undocked capabilities are way closer to a PS3 than a PS4). It'll almost definitely be the first game they develop on Unreal 4, if they follow the rest of Bamco in adopting it.

Still, Berseria was a nice uptick in terms of quality for the franchise, and they made a point of including more minigames and side-content than other recent releases, which was very welcome.
maybe.

I expect more mainstream JRPG style games to be at an Xbox show. Dark Souls 3, Code Vein, FFXV are some that have appeared recently.

FFXVI announcment would be NUTS.
I don't think we'll see anything SE at MS outside of Kingdom Hearts (to remind the audience that it's releasing on that system, and will probably be the best version), seeing as SE have their own conference this year.

Last edited:

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
Berseria was the last PS3 game, and it was initially released August 18, 2016. It's also the last title longtime series producer Hideo Baba will have any involvement in, as he joined SE early last year to headline a new RPG series for them.

So I'm expecting some kind of jump, since they've had a relatively long development by Tales Of standards, but I'm not sure how big it'll really be if they share the same game across Switch (since undocked capabilities are way closer to a PS3 than a PS4).

I don't think we'll see anything SE at MS outside of Kingdom Hearts (to remind the audience that it's releasing on that system, and will probably be the best version), seeing as SE have their own conference this year.
possible, that conference is after tho and its not uncommon to have a game show up at a console stage and a publisher stage. Examples like Anthem and Battlefield 1 from EA as well as The Division and Assassin's Creed Origins from Ubi all showed up on Xbox and the other show.

Got Danny

Nov 8, 2017
Why can't they go back to using real words god dammit. Adding ria to the end of butchered words is not creative

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
I wouldn't be surprised if this was just the name of a tales of concert or something

unknown.png

unknown.png

H-I-M

Banned
Apr 26, 2018
It sounds, weird.
Will grow on me once when get a confirmation and finally, finally a new modern engine.

ULTROS!

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't the Tales game use at most one alphabet per mainline entry? For example Abyss, and there's no other mainline that starts with A. There's Graces and no other mainline Tales start with G.

We have Tales of Eternia already.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Now that's a fucking Tales of title if I've ever heard of one. Even without the "Tales of" part.

Hope it is Tales. I'm ready for more.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Berseria was really really good so I can only be excited. Hopefully they do away with the bland arse Xillia field designs though cause those are easily the worst part of the recent games.

OP
OP
Strings

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Don't the Tales game use at most one alphabet per mainline entry? For example Abyss, and there's no other mainline that starts with A. There's Graces and no other mainline Tales start with G.

We have Tales of Eternia already.
Isn't there a vague Tales guideline of "Each initial is only used once?"

This sounds like it might be a portmanteau of entertainment cafeteria.
MFmpzE4.jpg

Checkmate.

... But iunno, they've already broken that rule several time with their mobile and spinoff titles (Asteria, Vs, Bibliotheca, etc).
So yeah, I may be the only one who thinks so... but this is

you know

it´s very likely the title of... well,

you see

it´s probably

The Title of a new Tales of

Remember you heard it here first, guys!
Big if true.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Tales of Festival is the 16 and 17 June, the weekend over E3.

It will probably be PS4, PC and Switch.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
If Dark Souls 3 had a 70/30 spilt in favor of PS4 in the UK a niche title like tales would lose money.

What do you consider Code Vein then? It's not Dark Souls (at least in name), so it doesn't have that brand behind it and it's just as "anime" as Tales ... if that title drops on XOne i would expect the next UE4 Tales to be fully multiplatform on all available systems.

Last edited:

Fisico

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Tales of Berseria did quite well on PC.

It did fine I imagine but notably lower than Zestiria when I used to check it

I thought tales gets revealed at its own specific conference. Dont see it as an e3 thing.

As mentioned above the Tales of Festival is coming soon, an E3 thing is unlikely but the possibility do exist.

So I'm expecting some kind of jump, since they've had a relatively long development by Tales Of standards, but I'm not sure how big it'll really be if they share the same game across Switch (since undocked capabilities are way closer to a PS3 than a PS4). It'll almost definitely be the first game they develop on Unreal 4, if they follow the rest of Bamco in adopting it.

There's a few points there
- Hideo Baba was probably involved in Berseria at the very start, though he wasn't the producer as it was Yasuhiro Fukuya this time, an old timer that climbed all the ladders in the team from tester up to producer. It will be interesting to see if he's still there for the next entry or if it was a last minute decision to promote him for Berseria.

- It's very likely the next entry will have started development shortly before Berseria's release as they usually do for each episode, so in Summer 2016, if it releases by late 2018 early 2019 that would make the development time similar to what Zestiria had, not a single entry had 3 years worth of development time, every main entry (bar Xillia 2, Berseria) had 2 years+ at least for the last 15 years (there's no source for Symphonia as far as I know).
So there are slight variations, but 2 to 2 1/2 years is pretty much the standard and so far we're still in line for Tales of Whateverthehellisthisnameia, it's not because they talk about a game early that it makes its development time shorter and vice versa

- Unreal is a scalable engine enough, and the gap between PS3 and undocked Switch is big enough to allow for prettier visuals. Though from the start Tales was never a looker for the past decade and it was not the hardware holding it back so keeping expectations at a low level should be a wise enough choice, Code Vein and God Eater 3 already gave a preview of what to expect in term of characters models.

I don't think anyone mentioned it either, but even if this Enterteria is Tales related, it might very well be ... a spin off considering its title, could even be a mobile title (or a Switch/PS4/Mobile who knows)

Ganondolf

Jan 5, 2018
Hopefully this is the switch Tales of game. If this uses ue4 it should be on every platform.