• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Thanks purseowner.

Speculation on my part, but there's not much else it could be.

IMOQ was definitely in most need of a remake, though I'm wondering if this would be more port or actual remake. Would be great if they also included bluray quality releases of Liminality too.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I want a full boxset, including the anime dvds that came with them.

Tengrave

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
In for whatever this could be. The GU collection was good. I'd love anything new in that property.

Oct 26, 2017
Oooh. hope it is the original Dot Hack collection finally. Would prefer starting with that than GU on Switch. Just feels like you're starting a second chapter in a bigger story... like Trials or something from pure observation. Weird one to start with IMO.

Holmes

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Releasing the four games in one collection with some cleaned up graphics and QoL upgrades would go a long way.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
OH YES. I've wanted to play this series since PS2 days, but the amount of games scares me away.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I loved the original .hack games, would buy a collection in a heartbeat.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Still find it baffling we've gotten multiple GU collections but not one port/remaster/etc of the original .hack series.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Hope it is the original games, I never got around to playing them and skipped the recent remasters because of that. Always thought it was weird of them to remaster the later games first.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I loved the manga as a kid, so I'm definitely interested if this is indeed what I think it is.

Outlandish thought, I know, but if this another .hack collection, we have a PS2 remastered collection blueprint for Xenosaga to follow.

Or perhaps more realistically(?!), Baten Kaitos. That was trademarked a while back, right?

Arcticfox

Oct 27, 2017
I never really liked the gameplay in the original games, but I liked what they were trying to do and loved .hack//SIGN and the liminality disks that came with the games. If they do rerelease them, I hope they are updated a bit and add in some Kajiura music.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
WOAH, that'd be dope. I like that full .hack collection too pls

thank you very much

Holmes

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just want a battle system that doesn't require having to open the menu every two seconds.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the battle system in .hack is better than GU because it is faster while GU is dragged down because of Rengeki.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The combat was so bad but it would still be nice to have them.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
If this is related to the original tetralogy, then I hope it's a full-on remake rather than just a remaster. Those games don't hold up very well from a gameplay perspective.

OP
OP
Yasumi

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What the heck does "last recollection" even supposed to mean? If it is IMOQ then what would they call a Link/Versus collection? Last Recollection 2? O.o

That'd be one way ta get me to not enjoy playing IMOQ!
I mean, it makes more sense than Last Recode. Link/Versus could be Last Rebirth or something. I need a Versus sequel.

Lindsay

Nov 4, 2017
I mean, it makes more sense than Last Recode. Link/Versus could be Last Rebirth or something. I need a Versus sequel.
Rebirths already taken as a title though. "Last Resomethingawkward" to continue forcing a theme that was an english release-only theme in the first place. Oh plus we'd need a title for Guilty Dragon/New World collection lol. But for reals I've been wanting a Versus 2.0 since closer an closer to 10 years ago! Need more stages!!

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'd be 100% for this. I made the terrible mistake of trading them in once upon a time.

Lindsay

Nov 4, 2017
Ya know if it is IMOQ I hope with the title of "last recollection" that they're threatening me with a good time of NEVER REVISITING THIS SAGA AGAIN.

IMOQ
Another Birth
XXXX
Terminal Disc
Link IMOQ chapters
New Novel .hack
G.U. Begins IMOQ chapters

I adore the original saga and its characters but enoughs enough. Soon I'll hate it cause I've been through it so many times, without even counting replays/reads!! Also these games are already "collected" back in 2006 when Infection/Mutation and Outbreak/Qurantine released together under "The Best" label. >.>

Oh an if they're gonna work in new content ala Reconnection it may as well be based off of .hack//Legacy since that could potentially link to G.U.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Ya know if it is IMOQ I hope with the title of "last recollection" that they're threatening me with a good time of NEVER REVISITING THIS SAGA AGAIN.

IMOQ
Another Birth
XXXX
Terminal Disc
Link IMOQ chapters
New Novel .hack
G.U. Begins IMOQ chapters

I adore the original saga and its characters but enoughs enough. Soon I'll hate it cause I've been through it so many times, without even counting replays/reads!! Also these games are already "collected" back in 2006 when Infection/Mutation and Outbreak/Qurantine released together under "The Best" label. >.>

Oh an if they're gonna work in new content ala Reconnection it may as well be based off of .hack//Legacy since that could potentially link to G.U.
Dude, what? You can't play this unless you have a ps2 or through pcsx2(?).

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
On one hand, I'd fucking love this, on the other hand they have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more work ahead of themselves than the GU Collection. The IMOQ games aged way worse in terms of game mechanics.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I still have my PS2 copies, but if this is an HD remake or remaster, I'll be excited. The IMOQ games are rough even when I played it back then. The combat would need a complete overhaul.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
On one hand, I'd fucking love this, on the other hand they have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more work ahead of themselves than the GU Collection. The IMOQ games aged way worse in terms of game mechanics.

Yeah if it's just the game with spiced up graphics it'd be a bit of a letdown since these show their age way more than the GU games I think.

Still itd be nice to have out there even speaking a someone who still has their copies of the originals.

What about "last recollection" implies this is the original .hack games exactly?

Nothing certain but the naming would be in line with the GU remaster which was called Last Recode and offhand there's not much else that comes to mind that makes sense.

SketchDog

Nov 25, 2021
Toronto
Nothing certain but the naming would be in line with the GU remaster which was called Last Recode and offhand there's not much else that comes to mind that makes sense.
Right...I'm just thinking a couple of things that might counter this:

1. Wouldn't .hack be in the name somewhere too?
2. How do we know this isn't for something brand new?

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
I have all the originals included with the DVD anime episodes.

Do not tease me with a good time with this.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
Right...I'm just thinking a couple of things that might counter this:

1. Wouldn't .hack be in the name somewhere too?
2. How do we know this isn't for something brand new?

1. Maybe? Honestly I don't know how copy right with names works exactly. They already own it for the .hack name so I don't know if they'd have to copy right it included in the title or just the part they're adding.

2. We don't but personally that kind of title sounds like the sort of thing you add onto a re-release of some kind. But it could be something new.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That would be great and i hope it's linked to .hack, but honestly if it's remasters of IMOQ, there better be a lot of QoL changes, thinking about the moment to moment gameplay and battle system for 80 hours in the old system...

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
That would be great and i hope it's linked to .hack, but honestly if it's remasters of IMOQ, there better be a lot of QoL changes, thinking about the moment to moment gameplay and battle system for 80 hours in the old system...

I need a revamp on virus core hunting at the very least...