• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
Question:
Regarding the overseas expansion of main IP products and services, the "DRAGON BALL" series, "Gundam" series, "ONE
PIECE" is gaining momentum as an IP globally. Please tell us whether you have accumulated know-how in the development of products and services.

Global popular "Dragon Ball" series, "Gundam" series & "One Piece" series have been boosted by Visual Development (Anime/Anime Movies) and oversea sales of products and services. In One Piece, We expect Global Business to expand further with the release of the ONE PIECE Card Game, which is already off to a good start and the release of the home video game ONE PIECE ODYSSEY in the 2nd half. The BANDAI NAMCO GROUP is implementing various measures to communicate the appeal of the IP worldwide and maximize IP value. We have also integrated our overseas baseband prepared a foundation for expanding our overseas business in both digital and physical terms. We will continue to develop products and services as ALL BANDAI NAMCO based on our long term strategy.

In another earlier answer they also mention although no new network content (mobile games and I assume video games) were released for Dragon Ball or One Piece that they performed well. Due in part to the releases of there movies as well mention higher ratio for Oversea sales/performance.

The translation may not be the best but this is the jest of it, unless someone with more know how then....Google Translate, would like to help.

They mention Digimon Survive and the new Taiko No Tatsujin as example of "hits" this quarter, no mention of Jojo despite it releasing earlier than Taiko and that title only having 7 days as of this Fiscal Quarter from what I can tell...

Would be very happy if you did :-)

Just Great

Oct 25, 2017
Release Gundam MBON for PC, cowards.

Rise of Incarnates wasn't indicative of shit because that game was soggy cheeks. Proper Gundam Vs, ASAP.

Oct 25, 2017
MV5BNjAyNWU3ZjMtMDg2Yi00NzFkLTk5NTEtMTM0NDdhN2QxMmU2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTI0MzA4NTgw._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg
Well if ya want to push Gundam in the US at least, bring it back!

Buzzth

Jan 15, 2018
Japan
One Piece Fighterz makes all too much sense beside the fact that Sanji can't hit women is probably the reason they're still deliberating on making it.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Do a big ol' Dragon Ball collection. Translate the NES/SNES games. See if you can untangle the rights to Legacy of Goku 1/2/Buu's Fury.

I'd love it, FWIW.

headfallsoff

Mar 16, 2018
If they want to expand Gundam in the west then producing new, high quality and consistent dubs of 0079 through at least Char's Counterattack needs to be their first priority. Like half the games, movies and wider merchandise rely on UC nostalgia that they have not invested in building overseas. It seems counterintuitive to go back before they go forward but considering how much modern gundam is actively courting throwback stuff it's a huge thing holding them back.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
More Dragon Ball content, please. I like DBZ and Super a lot, but DB needs more love for the greatness it is. Do DBZ Kakarot for Dragon Ball.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Man...a proper One Piece fighting game is my dream since I start reading it in 2001. They can just make one game and release character pass dlc forever with the insane amount of characters in it.

SketchDog

Nov 25, 2021
Toronto
Also - I'd like to see them make a gundam game in the same style as dbz kakarot or one piece odyssey. Seems like a waste to just release these smaller fighting type games. You could make an RPG out of it.

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
I wonder if this correlates to them starting to localize some of their games to my country's official language. They are one of the few publishers/developers that support my language.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
Remaster Gundam Warriors Reborn on PS5 and keep pumping out quality Pirate Warriors. All I care about.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Give me Xenoverse 3 you bastards.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
I do hope that means they put resources into dubbing the Gundam (and Gundam adjacent) games. Battle Alliance loses something when you sometimes don't have time to read the subtitles for battle banter while you are in thick action.

Oct 30, 2017
A G Gundam game by CyberConnect 2 in the vein of the Naruto Storm games would be amazing. And sell a lot(at least I would triple dip lol)

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Are they finally going to have an English dub or any non-Japanese dub for any upcoming One Piece game now?

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Whatever you are doing with Gundam now do something else please 🙏

for example...that shiny new VR headset just around the corner...

MarcelloF

Dec 9, 2020
How about dubbing them in EFIGS, then? I'd love to play a One Piece game with the German voices.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
Add rollback to the latest Gundam Versus game please.

Or a new Gundam Versus game with rollback, that'd be cool too.

Nov 23, 2017
Honestly, a port of Gundam vs Zeta Gundam would make me happy because I love the UC mode.

Really though, I'm happy Bandai wants to expand.

TheRyzzl

Oct 5, 2018
One Piece Fighterz or a Gundam Fighterz would both be awesome. I know the maxiboost games are praised but I would love a more traditional Gundam fighting game.