• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dary

Oct 27, 2017
The English Wilderness
3bmdLwG.jpg

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty much, although I think the bulk of it was from the first two games. I'd be ok with a remaster of this and some new or additional levels included, but I really want is the first two games in HD. Hopefully on the Switch since I feel like Katamari would do really well on a Nintendo system and it's always been a bit of a headscratcher that Namco skipped the Wii and Wii U with the franchise.
Beautiful and Forever were both in development for Wii at different points. Just didn't work out.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think I ever thought about it. Has it avoided all Nintendo platforms?
yeah. but i don't think it's a case of creator having platform preferences (since the creator was only involved in the first two PS2 games) or the publisher not wanting it to happen. it's a game that needs dual analogs to work (i have no idea how the psp one controls) so Wii and 3DS were out of the question, and Wii U was out of the question for everything.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
yeah. but i don't think it's a case of creator having platform preferences (since the creator was only involved in the first two PS2 games) or the publisher not wanting it to happen. it's a game that needs dual analogs to work (i have no idea how the psp one controls) so Wii and 3DS were out of the question, and Wii U was out of the question for everything.
It was on PSP though.

Cousin From Boston

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Nov 21, 2017
I hear you calling me
I wanna wad you up into my life
Let's lump up to make
A single star
In the skyyyyyy
To you, to youuuuuu

Please be a remaster

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Keep in mind the premise of Katamari has you rolling a ball to gather things.

I think people are reaching a bit with the "reroll" subtext relating to gacha.

I think going back to old levels or old titles. We get to reroll the ball again.

The sort of rolling you do in a Katamari game is not the same as rolling dice like gambling.

Oct 27, 2017
Katamari Forever Remaster from Bluepoint would be perfect for me, but I'll accept any Katamari on PS4 tbh, unless it's something f2p iap loaded bullshit.

nodakel

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
United States
This sounds like a remake. In fact, Keita Takahashi tweeted about wanting Namco to make a remake of the first game (I know he's not working for them anymore, but still, he is the creator).

Katamari is one of my favorite franchises, so if this is an actual Katamari game and not a mobile title, I'm all-in.

andylsun

Oct 29, 2017
First game is my favorite game of that generation. It's absolutely perfect.

Would love it on a current platform.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
The only thing I occasionally plug in my PS2 for at this point is Katamari, so I'd be excited as hell to have it available on a modern platform.

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Osaka
I'll be happy as long as it's not mobile.

I'm cool with a new game featuring the original creator (who just changed his name and avatar to The King of All Cosmos on Twitter a few days ago......wait, was this going to be in the Direct?) or just a nice looking port of the original game.

https://twitter.com/KeitaTakahash?lang=en
he2Ttylc_400x400.jpg

What if it was going to be in the direct?! That Twitter thing would make more sense!
brain.jpg

It'd be interesting to get a VR title. I'd like to try that.

Namco really does like VR. That'd be funny.

Last edited:

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Please be a real game and not along the lines of their previous mobile offerings.

gfxtwin

Use of alt account
Oct 28, 2017
Plleeeeaaase be a collection of the console titles. Also the graphics in all the original games are perfectly charming as is so hopefully it's just a remaster/upscale with a higher framerate at most.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
Reroll sounds way too close to a gacha for me to safely assume it'll actually be a console game...please I just want to play katamari without having to hook up my ps3 :(

inpHilltr8r

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping for epic grade remaster package here. Still go back and complete the first one every other year or so.

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
oh god if this is a remaster of the first (two games?) for Switch I am so in

Deleted member 11018

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is trememdous news if it happens to be console/pc katamari damacy :) I love Katamary , We love Katamary, everybody love Katamary

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
the first two games are the ones that matter. takahashi stopped his involvement with the series after that, and everything after has been either bad, or just rehashing the first two games.
Oh I know, it was more of a question if it is a remaster, is it one game or both.

Gassy_N0va

Oct 27, 2017
All I ask is for a new Katamari, specifically on Switch. Switch is just absolutely perfect for this game.

But I'll take a remaster, IDC. I just want MORE Katamari, that isn't some dumbed down money grab mobile game.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
A remaster of the first two games in the series (easily the best as far as game design/level design/writing are concerned - Takahashi's influence was clearly missed in the later games) would be great (ideally with the soundtrack of both of them combined somehow, and maybe with some of the Me And My Katamari and Beautiful Katamari songs thrown in).

Status
Not open for further replies.