• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Take all the existing Katamari games and roll them up into one disc for modern consoles. That'd be meta-Katamari!

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
The first two games are not only two of my favorite games but also the only two games that I can name of the top of my head that I consider completely perfect. I fully up resed direct and complete remake of just them is all I really want. Nothing else really added, keep the same story, voices, everything. Not just a "greatest hits" of the levels like Forever sorta was, it is the complete package of those first two games that I want.

After that I don't care. Can add in the other later games as well, as they weren't terrible, just were not to me what the first two games were.

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
Dude, the first two Katamaris on the go would probably mean at least 500 hours of gametime for me. That shit hooked me so hard. Hell, I still pop We Love Katamari in from time to time!

Deleted member 41651

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
I really hope this won't be a THIRD mobile game. I'm able to run and play the shit out of my copies emulated, especially the PS3 one on RPCS3 but I really want something new. Or at least an enormous mashup remaster of all the games. Even the Vita and 360 games had their moments.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
I hope it's a remaster of the first two games and they release it on switch and it sales like hotcakes, so they green light a brand new game.
Personally I have no real interest in a remaster because I still have my PS2 hooked up and regularly play my copies.
Please be a mobile gacha game.
I hope you meant please DON'T

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
The first two games are not only two of my favorite games but also the only two games that I can name of the top of my head that I consider completely perfect. I fully up resed direct and complete remake of just them is all I really want. Nothing else really added, keep the same story, voices, everything. Not just a "greatest hits" of the levels like Forever sorta was, it is the complete package of those first two games that I want.

After that I don't care. Can add in the other later games as well, as they weren't terrible, just were not to me what the first two games were.
Yeah - I think the sole real advantage of Beautiful Katamari/Katamari Forever over the Takahashi games is that (IIRC) they worked out full level streaming so the game didn't need to pause and reload the entire level when you reach certain sizes. A remake of the first two games (with their soundtracks and writing) in that engine would be the tits.

doof_warrior

Oct 25, 2017
NJ
don't really need another katamari unless keita is back. but I'd totally buy ports of the first two games so I can have them on a modern platform

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah - I think the sole real advantage of Beautiful Katamari/Katamari Forever over the Takahashi games is that (IIRC) they worked out full level streaming so the game didn't need to pause and reload the entire level when you reach certain sizes. A remake of the first two games (with their soundtracks and writing) in that engine would be the tits.
Even though Beautiful Katamari has no loading screens it's still an inferior game to the first two. The level design in general is worse and it's a much shorter game overall, because Namco released it incomplete so they could sale a big chunk of levels as day 1 DLC.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
Wasn't Katamari Forever on the PS3 basically a greatest hits collection of all the best levels from several games in the series?

I think I'd rather have a collection of full games rather than something like KD Forever because there are some levels I liked that weren't included in Forever.

Yes.

Me too.

Stitch

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Give me all levels and all songs from all the games and put it on PC and Switch!!!

Council Pop

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Omg.

Just a reminder that the first Katamari game has never been released in Europe. I would love to play it.

vix

Nov 18, 2017
This needs to happen and it needs to be a console game and it needs to be on all three of the consoles. That was always a huge problem with the series, almost every game jumping to another platform. Release it on all and everyone will be happy.

I'm trying not to get hyped, but I really want a new katamari. I have for years now. I always have a slim hope at e3 each year.

Even if it's just a remaster of every game, I'd be ok with that. At this point, that would be fine with me.

But for the love of god, it better not be another crappy mobile game.

Kubricks

Oct 31, 2017
I have been waiting for this since PS2 days, please don't be that 2D mobile shit.
Remaster the old ones are fine, even straight ports are ok. My wife and I love this game so much.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
Reroll sounds like it could be a remaster. Hoping that's the case cause I'd love to play the original but I never owned a PS2.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
This needs to happen and it needs to be a console game and it needs to be on all three of the consoles. That was always a huge problem with the series, almost every game jumping to another platform. Release it on all and everyone will be happy.

I'm trying not to get hyped, but I really want a new katamari. I have for years now. I always have a slim hope at e3 each year.

Even if it's just a remaster of every game, I'd be ok with that. At this point, that would be fine with me.

But for the love of god, it better not be another crappy mobile game.
I agree with all of this. A new Katamari is up there on my dream game list with Jet Set Radio 3, Mega Man Legends 3 and a 3rd Hotel Dusk game.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
As a great poet once said, quit playing games with my heart, Bandai Namco.

coconut gun

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
oh my god please let this be a proper katamari release

even if it's just the first game remastered i'm so fucking in

vix

Nov 18, 2017
I'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up. I would love it to be a new game. But my heart is telling me hd remaster. My brain says garbage mobile game.

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
Reroll/Encore could also be an actual new entry, rather than just a remaster/collection.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
With that title I put my money on an HD remaster of the first game, maybe the first two.

Switch, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.