• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

yoonshik

Oct 26, 2017
DLC incoming?

vDHSxzf.png

8D6u08E.png

Source

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like a sequel at least. Either DLC or a full new game so they can reuse more stuff and get one out quicker.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
Back to quick turnarounds for Tales games? This sounds like it could be a sequel.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
So sequel likely.

Hopefully the next "Remaster" or port will be Abyss, Legendia or Xillia duology.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im still struggling to get through the game. Maybe I should put in on easy mode and just power through it. Game is good, music is good but lord, I hate the characters so much its painful to play through. The worst tales cast by a mile.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Tales almost never do story DLC, so I'm guessing this is a sequel.

Still pining hope for Crestoria turned into a console game.

Ricky

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to get a port of Graces F. I know it's not the favorite from most but it cracks my top 3.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Im still struggling to get through the game. Maybe I should put in on easy mode and just power through it. Game is good, music is good but lord, I hate the characters so much its painful to play through. The worst tales cast by a mile.

I didn't end up caring much about them but I wouldn't say I found them offensively bad like Cheria and Pascal from Graces at least. More Vesperia level of meh for me in that department

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
oh, that definitely sounds like DLC. That's interesting 🤔

Hopefully the boss content in the DLC are less sponges compared to the bosses in the main game. That shit was frustrating.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
that smacks of some anime adaptation that ufotable is gonna be contracually obligated to do unless its game specific

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Worst case scenario: this is just a name they're using for a barely changed Switch port.

AEF1907

Dec 18, 2021
Could be a port or dlc.

If its a sequel I hope it's a better direct sequel than Xillia 2 was ^^

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Damn it I did not want a sequel like that. Arise had a really poor cast and plot so I was hoping they'd take the gameplay improvements and high production value to a new world.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
PLEASE

I love this game

Expansion or a new game would be lovely

I want more Hootle

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. Yes. YES. YES!

Please. Direct sequel, DLC... I don't care. This would make me so happy.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
I liked Tales of Arise and how it ended.

It's probably a new cast if this is a new game.

I just can't think of that world having further conflict with how it wrapped up but writers will find a way obviously.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017

I just can't think of that world having further conflict with how it wrapped up but writers will find a way obviously.
Yeah, I agree. Arise did end perfectly so I'm not entirely sure how I feel about a continuation... but... Arise was my 2021 GotY so..

Misuta

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Germany
My guess would be an anime adaptation. Didn't they say before they won't make a sequel of Arise?

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't that big of a fan of the first (it managed to have the only story in a game I've seen that I'd consider offensively bad) hopefully they'll continue the trend they had with the last few games ( Xillia to x2 and Zestiria to Berseria) of a not so great game followed by one of my favorites in the series.

PepperedHam

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
I couldn't tear myself away from Arise even if I wanted to, fuckin devoured it. Give me all they wanna give me. The game was friggin beautiful.

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
If it's a sequel, please do something about the boss design. It's bizarre going from the combat against random enemies to adapting to the insanity that's the boss fights.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017

That's the thought I was having too. Game ended perfectly and everything was resolved. The ending was so sweet.

Only thing I can think of is:

Vholran disappearing and telling Alphen that he chose a path of destruction and despair, and he will be waiting for him.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Platinum'd it earlier this year so I can't wait to dive back in. I hope they rethink some of that boss sponge shit though, what a drag.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I bought this game on launch and I still have yet to play it. Welp.

I thought Bandai said no DLC or sequel for Arise though.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
I guess they could do a sequel or DLC for it based on the world recovering from the events but that's about it, the story was rushed but it did feel finished...

It definitely felt like it was shorter/contained less content than they originally planned, but I dunno if they can do much to recover the stuff lost there because the last section/plot points of the game ended up just being rushed through instead of it being "cut". The other planet being just a final dungeon was bizarre to me as one example, it felt like that should have been a whole new place to explore, but you can't put that genie back in the bottle now it was used in such a cut down manner. Unless they did a prequel instead, I guess, but the name doesn't suggest that.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
That for sure is a questionable release. I liked Symphonia but a 30fps re-release for a game that's almost 20 years old is odd.
Symphonia really needs a full remaster and potentially even a remake. Imagine if they'd gone the latter route with new non-chibi models/environments and modern shading/materials to bring it more visually in line with Vesperia or even Arise.

Hell, imagine if they did that for Phantasia.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
Im down for more Tales of Arise, would prefer a full fledged sequel to a DLC though

Yeona

Banned
Jan 19, 2021
I don't want it. Tales of Arise is fucking horrible.

Please just give more attention to Scarlet Nexus -- i.e., the only promising IP under Bandai proper in the last like 10 years. That game's criminally underrated. Had it been given more time and a higher budget, the cutscenes wouldn't have had to be downscaled to Bayonetta 1 levels and I'm sure the game would've made a far bigger splash. Bandai did that team dirty, and they deserve it far more than Arise and its stupid mysogynistic characters ever will.

Also, big chance this is just another vapid anime or OVA. They've done those a lot before.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Symphonia really needs a full remaster and potentially even a remake. Imagine if they'd gone the latter route with new non-chibi models/environments and modern shading/materials to bring it more visually in line with Vesperia or even Arise.

Hell, imagine if they did that for Phantasia.
I mean for a full Symphonia remake to be worth it they'd have to change quite a lot in my opinion for it to hold up. The only thing that still holds up to me is the dungeon design, and that's more because they just forgot putting puzzles in a dungeon was a thing past maybe Tales of the Abyss, and kind of Vesperia.

I think the biggest issue with the Symphonia re-release is it wasn't even up to the normal standards of a remaster. Like the FPS lock is nonsense when there was literally a version of the game that worked at 60FPS. Nevermind the fact they didn't even bother to put in the effort of up-ressing the 2d plane backdrops in combat making them look incredibly ugly.

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
I don't want it. Tales of Arise is fucking horrible.

Please just give more attention to Scarlet Nexus -- i.e., the only promising IP under Bandai proper in the last like 10 years. That game's criminally underrated. Had it been given more time and a higher budget, the cutscenes wouldn't have had to be downscaled to Bayonetta 1 levels and I'm sure the game would've made a far bigger splash. Bandai did that team dirty, and they deserve it far more than Arise and its stupid mysogynistic characters ever will.
Scarlet Nexus was incredible. I was really concerned at first, but once it clicks and you approach the combat the way the developer wanted you to, it's just smooth sailing. Probably the only time I've admittedly played a game wrong at first.

Hopefully we see more of the IP, the director is really passionate about the game on Twitter.

Yeona

Banned
Jan 19, 2021
Scarlet Nexus was incredible. I was really concerned at first, but once it clicks and you approach the combat the way the developer wanted you to, it's just smooth sailing. Probably the only time I've admittedly played a game wrong at first.

Hopefully we see more of the IP, the director is really passionate about the game on Twitter.

They really are, and they always presented Scarlet Nexus as the game they wanted to make, and it really shines through. Beyond just having arguably the best like half-way point between an action game and a JRPG, it also has in my view a genuinely great story with a bunch of cool characters and a compelling mystery. And best of all, it has so much room for improvement without feeling like an incomplete or "imperfect" game on its own merit.

I sincerely hope they're not thinking about treating it like they do the dotHack// franchise.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
I mean for a full Symphonia remake to be worth it they'd have to change quite a lot in my opinion for it to hold up. The only thing that still holds up to me is the dungeon design, and that's more because they just forgot putting puzzles in a dungeon was a thing past maybe Tales of the Abyss, and kind of Vesperia.

I think the biggest issue with the Symphonia re-release is it wasn't even up to the normal standards of a remaster. Like the FPS lock is nonsense when there was literally a version of the game that worked at 60FPS. Nevermind the fact they didn't even bother to put in the effort of up-ressing the 2d plane backdrops in combat making them look incredibly ugly.
The problem with Symphonia DE is it's not even a remaster. It's literally an emulated PS2 iso with some image enhancement (badly) slathered over the textures. It's not even a port of the PS2 version (like Chronicles was), it is the PS2 version.