• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DongBeetle

Oct 25, 2017
Title says it all. Doesn't necessarily have to be obscure or one hit wonders. Some bad songs become hits

My vote is Harvey Danger

Wate

May 22, 2019
Babylon Zoo are a pretty good contender for this with Spaceman, considering that not only was that their only good song, but most people would say only the first 30 seconds of it are good. Personally I always liked the whole thing, but the melodrama around it with the Levi's ad was hilarious.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
Foo Fighters

Everlong is so fucking good (like "one of the best songs of all time" good imo) but nothing else they've done has ever risen above merely okay for me.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
Latest case of this for me is Jinjer. Their song Pisces went viral and for good reason, this song is to me one of the best metal songs ever.

Like many, after listening to it I decided to listen to other songs and albums of the band really expecting them to blow my socks off. This however never happened. I don't know how or why but none of their other songs really did much for me, which is a shame.

DECK’ARD

Creator of Worms
Verified
Nov 26, 2017
UK
Babylon Zoo are a pretty good contender for this with Spaceman, considering that not only was that their only good song, but most people would say only the first 30 seconds of it are good. Personally I always liked the whole thing, but the melodrama around it with the Levi's ad was hilarious.

It's not easy writing a spherical song.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
There aren't any. Anyone who can produce one good song, can produce at least a few. I can think of a handful of bands that only have one song I know of, but I'll bet I'd like a few more of their songs, if I bothered to check them out.

Anyway, expect a thread full of hot takes about popular bands with several hits. Yawn.

Deleted member 50454

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 5, 2018

Even that is a pile of shite.

People remember the 20 seconds at the beginning or the remix.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Have they done anything else...?

giphy.gif

Oct 26, 2017
"One hit wonders" would have been a better title as it essentially means the same thing but cuts down on the potential for edgelord posts.

acheron_xl

Oct 27, 2017
MSN, WI
Swallowed is the only Bush song I can even remotely tolerate.
Live Forever is the only good Oasis song, but I realize there are millions of mistaken people that vehemently disagree.