• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Simon21

Apr 25, 2018
These kinds of threads always turn into absolute shitshows with people trying to be edgy and funny.

Xpike

Oct 25, 2017
boy people in this thread sure want to either appear as true music connoseirs that only listen to irish 60s novelty songs or post a bunch of funny "nirvana by the white stripes" posts

borat

Banned
Jan 2, 2018
Charli XCX

Edit: Actually I rescind this. I just dislike the direction she has gone the past 3 years and I was being mean

Last edited:

adamsappel

Oct 27, 2017

The lead singer was a control freak, he literally fired the drummer DURING this music video shoot because he took a bath, yes you read that right, because the drummer took a BATH.
He wanted them to look "dirty" for the video and forbid them from all taking baths while they were filming the video over a few days. That's why after a certain point in the video you never see him again.

They made one more album after this song and it didn't do well and then they broke up.

I think Dexy's was a band that was constantly changing their looks & style of music (because the lead singer was a control freak) and they had a few hits (at least in the UK), but Come On Eileen and the "overalls & banjos" look and sound was their only US hit.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like 90% of posts in these threads turn into people not grasping the topic and just posting shit they personally hate

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
has "4 non blondes" been mentioned already?

I have honestly never ever heard a single second of music not contained in the "What's going on" song from them

Eugene's Axe

Jan 17, 2019
Ok we already have Metallica, Pink Floyd and Beethoven, I think this parade of blasphemy needs to stop in the name of decency.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Bob Dylan- Like a Rolling Stone

Wow. I mean to dismiss Dylan's catalogue like that.

How you can say that stuff like Desolation row, Love minus zero, Stuck inside of Mobile with the Memphis blues again, With god on our side, Its all over now baby blue, A Hard rain's a gonna fall etc aren't "all time greats" is completely beyond me!

Deleted member 27246

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'll just post some typical 90s one hit wonders:

Fun Loving Criminals - Scooby Snacks

Whale - Hobo Humping Slobo Babe

Deleted member 27246

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
King of New York, Koreon Bodega and Loco say Hi.
There's plenty more i could name. 100% Columbian and Come Find Yourself are great albums

Those didn't really do well in the charts though?

To make myself a bit more clear: I posted one hit wonders instead of bands with 'just one good song' because I don't believe there are (a lot of) bands with just one good song.

Deleted member 6730

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow. I mean to dismiss Dylan's catalogue like that.

How you can say that stuff like Desolation row, Love minus zero, Stuck inside of Mobile with the Memphis blues again, With god on our side, Its all over now baby blue, A Hard rain's a gonna fall etc aren't "all time greats" is completely beyond me!
I'll take what is satire for 500.

DOA

Oct 26, 2017
has "4 non blondes" been mentioned already?

I have honestly never ever heard a single second of music not contained in the "What's going on" song from them
a friend of mine made a huge mistake of buying their album (we were in high school at the time, and money was scarce). never again!