• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What was the better fight scene?

• Batman vs. Bane in DKR

• Winter Soldier vs. Captain America in Cap2

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017

I have to admit back around 2011 and 2012, I was so obsessed with DKR and Bane, but was disappointed for a myriad of reasons with that movie, this fight scene being one of them. Tom Hardy is a great actor but I also didn't really dig his performance as Bane that much, and the character's motivation felt too repetitive and unconvincing to me.

But alas, this thread isn't about comparing the two movies, but just these two fight scenes.

I've never been a huge Captain America fan and the character himself and powers kinda annoy me, but I was very hooked when I saw the trailer for Winter Soldier, and I think Cap2 holds up as one of the best movies based on comic books. This fight scene and the movie overall definitely did not disappoint. I think it's better than Cap3, and better than the other movie in question, DKR.

What do you think?

Patryn

Oct 25, 2017
Prepare for one of the more lopsided polls here.

Like, this isn't a fair fight.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
I was more emotionally invested in Batman vs. Bane since it was the end of the trilogy.

Captain vs. Soldier is the better fight for sure.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Not even a contest. The fight choreography in the Nolan Bat films has always been bad, but in DKR it's atrocious.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dude, this thread isn't fair. What are you trying to prove? That deep down everyone's as ugly as you?

SpudBud

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cap no question. TDKR is just not in its league when it comes to fight choreography .

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
The Winter Soldier fight scene is better in every single scenario I can think of. It's better choreographed, it's a tenser fight, it's better acted....

The only complaint I have about the fight in Winter Soldier is that it's jump cut heavy

BluePigGanon

Oct 27, 2017
The Bane v. Batman fight's choreography is weak BUT being the last movie and the emotional context - not to mention seeing Batman completely outmatched for the first time in the trilogy - was more riveting.

Cap v. Bucky is really well done and exciting but not as emotionally interesting to me.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The Cap vs WS scene and it's not even close. The choreography is better. The music is better. The camera work is better. The outcome is better.

That scene is one of the many reasons why Winter Soldier is the best Marvel movie in my opinion.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
The warehouse fight in BvS beats them both.
AltruisticUnripeCob-size_restricted.gif

greatest 1.5 seconds in any comic book movie.

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
The fight choreography in the Nolan Batman trilogy is absolutely terrible.

Cap vs WS runs away with it.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
The just showed Cap2 Winter Soldier on CTV in Canada last night. Cap has some good fight scenes. Some of it is over the top but it's still some great badassery.
GSP as Batroc was a small role but you knew he was there for the fight scene.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
They were both bad. That cap fight didn't hardly have any full on shots of them going at it, constant camera cuts everywhere. Jackie chan still the king of fight scenes. With all the money spent on these flicks you think they would have gotten these actors trained and brought on great choreographers

Jan 2, 2018
This is a no-brainer. The choreography alone in Winter Soldier is terrific. Every hit has so much ooomph behind it.

But for what it was at the time, Bane vs Batman was all sorts of hype. The drama. The theatrics. The memes. I'll never forget the loud collective gasp from the audience in IMAX on opening night when Bane lifted up Batman and broke his back...

giphy.gif

It's a vastly inferior fight scene to WS but it still gives me goosebumps.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
This is stupid lol, at least make it a fair fight.

Neither compare to Daredevil's fight sequences tho.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
The Nolan movies weren't really about the action setpieces. He mostly just used them for pacing, to be honest, they rarely actually have that much to do with the actual momentum and resolution of the plot.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Cap v Bucky has pretty meh cinematography and editing but better choreography. I thought the Nolan fight was more atmospheric, I like the lack of music.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Prepare for one of the more lopsided polls here.

Like, this isn't a fair fight.

Instead of implying ERA's bias towards Marvel in such a lame duck passive way. Why not just say it and also contribute to the thread? Lol. Anyway...

I actually liked TDKR even though it was by far the weakest Nolan Batman movie, but Winter Soldier had much better action on nearly every front to me. The best part about the Batman fight is Bane's super quotable dialogue. The fight itself was nothing special.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Bane's "Sean Connery with a jock strap over his mouth" voice ruins the TDKR scene alone

Patryn

Oct 25, 2017
Instead of implying ERA's bias towards Marvel in such a lame duck passive way. Why not just say it and also contribute to the thread? Lol. Anyway...

I actually liked TDKR even though it was by far the weakest Nolan Batman movie, but Winter Soldier had much better action on nearly every front to me. The best part about the Batman fight is Bane's super quotable dialogue. The fight itself was nothing special.
I wasn't making a comment about Marvel. I was making a comment that one is a good fight scene and the other just isn't.

Oct 29, 2017
I like how the Bane fight was shot and the lighting much more but the choreography is pretty terrible and slow. Neither of them look like actually skilled fighters at all.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Such an unfair poll lol

Dark Knight Rises is such a bad movie, still can't believe this was the Dark Knight sequel we got

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
The Bane scene is better. Way better cinematography, set design, audio design, fight progression, storytelling, dialogue, etc. some of the choreography is too loose for my tastes, but the gifs are not a fair indication of the final sequence. I don't even like the movie much, but when the door shuts Batman in and no music is played over the fight, shit got real. It's a good dramatic sequence told through action.