• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
I'm in mostly for the songs (since I actually recognise some of them).

Do the covers disappear after a while and you need to unlock them in the shop to ply them permanently?

I got a 4 Star healer and a 3 star with 60% score boost for my first 2 rolls. What are the rates like, since I kind of want to skip re-rolling hell.

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in mostly for the songs (since I actually recognise some of them).

Do the covers disappear after a while and you need to unlock them in the shop to ply them permanently?

I got a 4 Star healer and a 3 star with 60% score boost for my first 2 rolls. What are the rates like, since I kind of want to skip re-rolling hell.
They'll always be in the shop and if someone in multi live picks a song you don't have and the game chooses it you'll be able to play songs you don't have

It's basically an event that happens about once a month where the rates for 4* are doubled to 6%.
Looking back at JP it looks like they didn't introduce this double rate up until August last year so that's 5 months after launch, might be a while until we get a Dream Festival on this server especially since we don't have a lot of 4* here

Ailanthium

Oct 27, 2017
My luck wasn't as godly as I'd hoped, but I feel comfortable sparing myself from re-rolling hell and sticking to the 3* I got from my 10-pull. So far I'm really liking Afterglow; their band dynamic has been my favorite so far and there aren't any members I dislike, which I can't really say about most of the others. I'm hoping that I'll warm up to Roselia because I've heard they get a lot of attention due to their popularity.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
I have NO idea what this is. I've never seen the anime, and I didn't know this game was coming.

Rhythm Heaven is my favorite thing ever, and I really loved VOEZ. Is this something you guys think I might be into from a gameplay perspective?

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I have NO idea what this is. I've never seen the anime, and I didn't know this game was coming.

Rhythm Heaven is my favorite thing ever, and I really loved VOEZ. Is this something you guys think I might be into from a gameplay perspective?
It's closer to VOEZ than RH, though less dynamic for sure.
It's free so download it and play a song or two.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Do you guys play with both thumbs? One hand with two fingers?

Currently using one hand with 2 fingers but feels kind of awkward when i have to hit two notes at the same time

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys play with both thumbs? One hand with two fingers?

Currently using one hand with 2 fingers but feels kind of awkward when i have to hit two notes at the same time
I play with both thumbs. I have seen some people on youtube full combo expert songs with one hand but I just assume they're robots

Event starting today at 6pm PDT/9pm EDT
New 4* Arisa, 3* Kokoro, and 2* Eve should be coming as well, all will be Pure

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I have literally no idea what I'm even doing at the whole Gatcha-Part and Band setup, since I have barely any idea what I need, what characters do and so on, but the rhythm part is pretty solid, and the songs are alright. This might stay on my phone for a while.

If someone is willing to write me a short explanation of the other parts of the game, I'm all ears :D

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
I have literally no idea what I'm even doing at the whole Gatcha-Part and Band setup, since I have barely any idea what I need, what characters do and so on, but the rhythm part is pretty solid, and the songs are alright. This might stay on my phone for a while.

If someone is willing to write me a short explanation of the other parts of the game, I'm all ears :D
Gacha part is using currency to gamble for new cards whether you want the skills, stats, or just like the card in general.

Team building is mostly important for events as boosts are given depending on the attribute of your members and the girl. The next event gives boosts to Pure Attribute (20% each) and for having Arisa, Kokoro, or Eve on your team (10% each). I'd focus on leveling these cards to use during the event for the boosts.

In general it's better to make teams of bands with the same Band Affiliation and Attribute as there are items you can buy in the overworld that boosts Attribute, Band, and Individual Girls. For example, Pure Pastel Palettes on JP is really good because Aya, Chisato, Eve, and Maya all have Pure 4* cards.

Ailanthium

Oct 27, 2017
There's an event starting already?! I was really hoping to have a second 10-pull first... I think I should be able to manage that many stars by the event.

I hope...

Pangorogoro

Oct 31, 2017
Theres going to be a new gacha alongside the event, so if the current selection is unappealing to you it may be worth waiting to do any 10 pulls.
Here are the new cards if anyone is interested.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Looking back at JP it looks like they didn't introduce this double rate up until August last year so that's 5 months after launch, might be a while until we get a Dream Festival on this server especially since we don't have a lot of 4* here
Thanks, well that's disappointing. I guess I'll do a multi or two on the event banner, since I really need some new characters as my team is half full of 1* members. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Wishy-Washy

Nov 26, 2017
I have finally got enough for my first 10-pull, was hard because as I have now found out I have no talent in Rhythm games, and I got 4-Star Cute Friends, Arisa (which was the one I wanted so yeah me), 3-Star Michelle's Secret, Misaki, and 3-star Hard Being Honest, Tomoe.

Deleted member 1484

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finished the tutorial and really liked it! I think this will be my go to rythm game before SIF All Stars releases.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
You can get a 10 pull fairly quickly. You get 1650 from just starting up the game, then by talking to characters for a few minutes you can get up to 1750 (7 singles if you want). If you set up a transfer you get 250 so 2000 right off the bat. The easiest way to get the last 500 is to get a full combo on 10 songs at hard difficulty or higher, which isn't too hard if you're decent at these kinds of games. You'll get stars from completing stories as well so you shouldn't even need to do 10 songs. You can probably accomplish a 10 pull within an hour of starting the game or less. Afterward unless you really like a certain character, its recommended that you wait for the discount 1000 gem for 5 characters gatcha, since you get a 3* guaranteed, regardless of what else you get so for nearly the same as a regular 10 pull with one 3* guaranteed, you get at least three of them.

Edit: A slightly easier but more tedious way to get up 2500 gems without having to play any songs is to do the above, and then just keep talking to girls until you have no more left, go back to title and log back in and keep doing it until you level up enough to get gems from the story stuff. This actually didn't take much time, about 20 minutes after I started things up and got my initial stars. Also if you're rerolling when it prompts you to download the rest of the data, you can just hit cancel and immediately start the game with your login bonuses. This will save you time and data.

Last edited:

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I already sold my soul to the UtaPri rhythm game and my ancient phone can't even store two of these games, but I'm so tempted!!! When I was in Japan last summer the ads for this and A3! were everywhere!
(I still hope they bring over A3! and Ensemble Stars too eventually...)

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Okay, hopefully this treats me better than Love Live with 5 URs OVER FOUR YEARS. IS THAT POSSIBLE? IS THAT SANE?

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad I persevered.

2KBnCDR.png

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
Pure Attribute Boost is 20%
Arisa Boost is 70%, Kokoro is 40%, and Eve is 10%
3* Event Kasumi at 150k pts

Last edited:

SephLuis

Oct 25, 2017
I'm also liking the game a lot. Still haven't done any pulls and my initial band is already at max level.
I need more 100 crystals for the 10 pull.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
150K points seem like a lot. My noob team is getting maybe 800 pts every live. I'm getting Cs at normal difficulty though. Besides practicing to full combo, is there anything else I can do?

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Had a drop of 3 Miracle Crystals last night while I had 3 Boost active. I now have 21 Crystals, but not enough Shards to up my 3* Arisa, lol.

Hard gives me around 2k every time with two Live Boosts active. Though I did do my 10-Pull, and from that am able to set up a team higher than the base 1* characters. Not sure which has a greater bearing on points, Gacha pulls are game difficulty... it's a Gacha, so probably the former, lol. But if you can manage Hard, I'm sure it does help.

I'd do your 10-Pull if you have obtained enough from the tutorials and story to do it. Even if you don't get anyone top tier (I certainly didn't), 2* and 3* are still way better than the basics.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
If you want to do well in the event you NEED to have at least Arisa in your party. Her 70% event point boost is invaluable. So much so that I'd recommend even a 1* Arisa over any character that isn't giving you an event point percent boost.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
What are Miracle Crystals for? I have 12 right now.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What are Miracle Crystals for? I have 12 right now.
The 'Training' option in the Band menu, basically used for overleveling. It takes 10 3 (maybe more for 4*?) of them + shards to level up your max level 3/4* characters. It's what gives the rainbow on the star level.

E: I'm kind of guessing here, though, I've not actually done it yet lol. Still need a few more Happy Shards..

Second E: it takes 3, not 10. Not sure what the heck I was thinking of when I pulled that number.

Last edited:
OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
You guys are so lucky, I only have 1 Miracle Crystal and it's from the event T_T
If you want to do well in the event you NEED to have at least Arisa in your party. Her 70% event point boost is invaluable. So much so that I'd recommend even a 1* Arisa over any character that isn't giving you an event point percent boost.
Yes, I'm using a 2* Pure Eve and 2* Cool Arisa instead of 3* Ako
I get around 3.5k points with the Live Boost set to x3

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
The 'Training' option in the Band menu, basically used for overleveling. It takes 10 3 (maybe more for 4*?) of them + shards to level up your max level 3/4* characters. It's what gives the rainbow on the star level.

E: I'm kind of guessing here, though, I've not actually done it yet lol. Still need a few more Happy Shards..

Second E: it takes 3, not 10. Not sure what the heck I was thinking of when I pulled that number.

3* require 3 and 4* require 10. You wont have a lot of them at first though until you start getting lucky and they drop 14 at a time for you. Its much harder to get the specific materials for your girls instead. 3/4 of my 3/4* units are power types so I'm extra screwed during events like this, which is handing out green mats like candy.

Shoshi

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
How do you get more of the blue crystals you can buy songs with?

How do you access the tutorial again for how to play the songs. So much going on on hard!

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
3* require 3 and 4* require 10. You wont have a lot of them at first though until you start getting lucky and they drop 14 at a time for you. Its much harder to get the specific materials for your girls instead. 3/4 of my 3/4* units are power types so I'm extra screwed during events like this, which is handing out green mats like candy.

Oh, so I unintentionally had it sort of right with 10, then. :p

And yeah, I didn't think it'd be this annoying trying to get more Yellow/Happy shards. I've got all the mediums I need, but the smalls are eluding me. And I'm only trying to Up one character. I can't imagine trying to get three characters Up'd without an event specific to their color.

How do you get more of the blue crystals you can buy songs with?

How do you access the tutorial again for how to play the songs. So much going on on hard!

Band Story has been giving me one per Chapter. And there are twenty Stories per band, so with a lot of grinding/time spent, that's ten free songs in total.

Not sure how to re-access Tutorial, I'm afraid.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Did a 10 pull (first since the start of the game) Got 4* Arisa, its not the rate up one, but I'll take it.

Getting 1k per live now with 1 flame, still only lvl 12. I'm getting more flames than I can use though, at 21/10. All the guides say to use them 1 at a time, but should I burn 3 at once just so natural regen can take place? Also should I be spamming the tickets I get to level up my characters? I've been getting by with the XP from live

This game is fun, but I can't manage 3x gacha game when they all have events at the same time

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Did a 10 pull (first since the start of the game) Got 4* Arisa, its not the rate up one, but I'll take it.

Getting 1k per live now with 1 flame, still only lvl 12. I'm getting more flames than I can use though, at 21/10. All the guides say to use them 1 at a time, but should I burn 3 at once just so natural regen can take place? Also should I be spamming the tickets I get to level up my characters? I've been getting by with the XP from live

This game is fun, but I can't manage 3x gacha game when they all have events at the same time

If you're just aiming for event points I would just use three flames at once. Mind you, this is only if you're just able to play one, or just want to do quicker dailies, etc. Natural regen is pretty slow at 1 per half hour, so I see no need to burn them just for regen.

One at a time is for more standard drops, I'm assuming, as the multipliers there are 1 flame = 5x, 2/6x, 3/7x. But the event score multiplier is set up to be 1/5x, 2/10x, 3/15x. So for normal items you still waste multipliers due to the scaling, but the event is, for all intents and purposes, a flat rate.

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
I'd only use 1 Flame if you want to level up faster

Finally got a 10 Drop of Miracle Crystal, and I got it playing with x1 Live Boost RIP
Now I just need Powerful Shard (L) to Train my Rimi

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got the game to crank out 1000 event points per play. Only 145 songs to go for Kasumi Toyoma. Tell me she's worth the grind...

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Game is really cool, unfortunately it has a middle lane, which means I suck at it. My thumbs can't decide which one tackles the middle highway. Forced to uninstall.

Cute game with good music, though.

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
A little help please. I go through this song in Live Multi...full combo. My score still looks like shit.

qL9nJOS.jpg

Is it my setup? I have Rimi as main and everyone else is there to help with event earnings. Do the points I earn for the actual song correlate to how many event points I get? Should I be powering up the few green(pure)/orange characters?

Current setup:
QymyhJj.jpg

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I LOVE this event style. I can get the cards I want without them being attached to my ranking and so far it's been pretty easy to stay in Tier 2 which has all the rewards of Tier 1 minus an event title.
Even falling into Tier 3 wouldn't be too much of a loss.

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
Your score and the other 3 players score do matter!

I'd take out the 1* Eve and the 1* Kokoro for 3* characters if you have them, Arisa on your team is really helpful so keep her. 90% with just Arisa and Lisa is pretty good, I only have 100%.

I'm running 3* Happy Kasumi, 3* Powerful Ako, 4* Powerful Rimi, 2* Pure Eve, and 2* Cool Arisa