• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Asian Oni

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, the Dreamfes really gave this thread a shot in the arm.
Yes...
65eb6a6834b8b8565e1e38445c93c0d883ededca.png

... indeed.
2aa24365eac2e9b1c14c67d3218202b7f348904c.png

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
I only just took a real look at card stats and it's insane just how big the jump is from 2* to 3* compared to 3* to 4*. Feels like a 4* that doesn't have a score-only skill is barely better than a 3* scorer overall.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Would you look at that? DC's are a lot more common now that the VS challenge has ended, and people's boosts are no longer spent as soon as you join the room. I am SHOCKED! I wonder what could have happened to everyone's Internet between then and now. This mystery will never be solved.

At least you don't need a full group to activate Fever anymore. :/

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Would you look at that? DC's are a lot more common now that the VS challenge has ended, and people's boosts are no longer spent as soon as you join the room. I am SHOCKED! I wonder what could have happened to everyone's Internet between then and now. This mystery will never be solved.

At least you don't need a full group to activate Fever anymore. :/

For some reason, I have also encountered more 1% per second loading people. They often end up disconnecting.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
I've been trying to play challenge lives at 1x to get the most items out of them, but I'm earning almost 150 challenge points for every 3 boosts I use, or 3 challenge songs per 4 three-boost normal plays. Might have to do some 2x here and there if I don't want to be playing constantly...

Are non-scorer 4* characters actually any good compared to 3* scorers?

boatoh

Oct 25, 2017
I've been trying to play challenge lives at 1x to get the most items out of them, but I'm earning almost 150 challenge points for every 3 boosts I use, or 3 challenge songs per 4 three-boost normal plays. Might have to do some 2x here and there if I don't want to be playing constantly...

Are non-scorer 4* characters actually any good compared to 3* scorers?
The early 4* non-scorers aren't too great, sadly. The newer ones (probably since 4* Maya? Maybe before that) are all generally better than 3* scorers since they come with 60% score up in addition to a weaker perfect lock or healing.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
The early 4* non-scorers aren't too great, sadly. The newer ones (probably since 4* Maya? Maybe before that) are all generally better than 3* scorers since they come with 60% score up in addition to a weaker perfect lock or healing.
Figures... my luck was wasted on the DreamFes then. Three 4* characters and only one of them is a scorer, the other two are the older 4* timers with a 40% score up. Plus they're all characters from the bottom of my favorites list.

I haven't looked it up, but are they getting stingier with making the free event 3* characters scorer-types?

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Some of the good Gacha pulls I've seen are tempting, but then I see others that are horrible (like the dreaded nine 2, one 3) and it makes me hold strong. Gotta save everything now for Christmas Saaya.

Can't finish Oneness on Ex, so I figured "what if I used fingers?" (I'm a thumbs player) Didn't get past the opening after the slides LOL. *Total* loss of depth perception.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I did one ten pull and it was Dupe festival for me.

Gotta start saving up for Neo Fantasy Online anyway.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I ended up with 4 4* after approx 30 pulls, pretty good?
I did a bunch of single pulls after two 10-pulls and got maybe 6 dupe 2* in a row. Time was running out on the banner, but I got another 4* eventually.
No dupes, but two of them replace two of my best 3* so far (same girl, same element), which is a bit annoying.

Now to save for the Persona banner.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
6N2BJr4_d.jpg

This was my best play of this song ever, but my skills went off poorly. That High Score was 10 Greats, I think. Sometimes that skill RNG can suck lol.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Does anybody else get a sense of vindication when you pick a song and it gets chosen, somebody leaves the room, then you pick the same song in the next room and it still gets chosen with the same number of options or more?

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Does anybody else get a sense of vindication when you pick a song and it gets chosen, somebody leaves the room, then you pick the same song in the next room and it still gets chosen with the same number of options or more?
It's a fantastic feeling. Partial vindication, partial joy from the lucky draw. Had it happen on a third lobby once, it was great. Wasn't even a hated song (unless Louder is now), people just kept leaving.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
What's the point of people picking these hard songs only for half the team to crap out on the song?
Whoever picked Worldwide Treasure ended up being the last girl standing. Nice for your Full Combo, enjoy your B rank rewards I guess?

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
What's the point of people picking these hard songs only for half the team to crap out on the song?
Whoever picked Worldwide Treasure ended up being the last girl standing. Nice for your Full Combo, enjoy your B rank rewards I guess?
The other people generally should be picking a difficulty they can clear... :P

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tomorrow is gonna be nothing but DS lol

Probably just didn't push back song release dates after the event extension that was put in place for the 2.4 update fiasco.

Ofc the first time I play it I choose Expert since that's what I've cleared multiple times in Challenge Live... and of course my phone chugs along at 15FPS and eats my slide inputs, killing me right at the start. I freaking hate my luck sometimes.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Sitting just below the 5k rank for two of the challenge songs and no way to raise it. Skill RNG really is the worst.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I thought I may be able to natural 1k this event, but it's Roselia. In other words, idk what I was thinking. Will probably end at 1.1k or something like that.

Skill sequencing is really weird in Black Shout in particular. Until an hour ago, my best score included a Miss, and a ton of Greats. My two Great run? Wasn't even near. Now my high score is off of seven Greats, after dozens of FCs.

Asian Oni

Oct 27, 2017
The lastest JP update brought fullscreen support for not 16:9 ratio on Android.This totally changes the UI and I hope EN will get it soon too because it's quite hard to switch between the two now..

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else not getting their boosts from viewing the ads? I had one boost, viewed all five ads for the day, but I'm still only at two boosts. :(

If they're not going to bother giving me the boosts for viewing the ads, I'm not even going to bother.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ads are finicky as a whole. Had them just give me a black screen that forced me to restart the app the other night. Didn't give me Boosts, but did count as my watches. Have had one instance of watching an ad and getting nothing. 90% of the time it's smooth sailing, at least. An unintended extra layer of Gacha lol

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I did all of my ads in a single sitting. I watched the boost go up by one after the first ad, and then the second, third, fourth and fifth ad didn't contribute at all.

boatoh

Oct 25, 2017
Got rank 40 for Determination Symphony, 58 for Hacking to the Gate, and 57 for BLACK SHOUT, quite pleased with this result. It took me over half the event just to get a good score for Hacking to the Gate and I don't want to play that song again for a while.

Also these 2* Roselia cards we're getting are kinda lame, no episode stories, no costume, just an image to look at.

Last edited:

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nice placements!

Along with what you said about the cards, they (well, Sayo) also broke the Sort by Episodes Unread button lol. Have been doing a card or two's episodes every night since i had so many unreadable and don't want to go through them all at once. Tonight it showed nothing and then my app froze when I pressed All and then back to Sort by.

At least there's the 100 Stars alongside each.

boatoh

Oct 25, 2017
The last thing I was expecting to see in the new challenge live event in JP was a lv27 special chart for Tear Drops, what the hell.
it still has the death slides lmao

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I noticed how much HHW has been getting loved lately. Not sure if accidental or not, but it feels like bad scheduling either way.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what this Event's theme music reminds me of, but I love it. Harvest Moon, maybe? Animal Crossing?

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
The other people generally should be picking a difficulty they can clear... :P
I still don't understand. That gives a lower score, doesn't it? I can SS rank Hard, but not Normal.
Wouldn't it be in everyone's interest to pick a song that most people can clear on higher difficulties?

In other news, I spreadsheeted out all coming events and gachas to look at what's coming. My cool team is lacking, but the next event with a cool 3* is probably late december.
Also, no Rinko or Arisa on the horizon there whatsoever.
So I started looking at gachas too, but the next cool event gacha after the current (which I'm not interested in) will be Christmas too.
Long story short, there suddenly was a cool gacha today and I dropped 5000 stars on it, and got a 4* cool Arisa. Nice.
Tomoe is the only girl I have no cards for, except the initial 1* now.

Also, I am now officially a Sayo account.
screenshot_20181023-093epr.jpg

boatoh

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't understand. That gives a lower score, doesn't it? I can SS rank Hard, but not Normal.
Wouldn't it be in everyone's interest to pick a song that most people can clear on higher difficulties?
Playing well on a lower difficulty can be better than playing like shit on a higher difficulty. Nothing wrong with people picking the songs they want to play unless they pick Re:birth day.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
FINALLY got an FC on Dragon Night.

First time I ever hit the slide without dropping one note near the edge and thankfully stayed composed for the rest.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nice! Keeping composure after a rough spot is possibly harder than any notes, hah.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I get a mix of all the above, but yeah it is funny being able to tell which character I am without having to check costumes since I'm the only Lisa lol

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017