• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
But what does this achieve for you. You gonna have to suffer through anyways. Capping your own rewards lower seems counter-intuitive lol.
they might get annoyed

then complain about people choosing too high difficulties they can't pass

then hear a reply that it's done based on the person making a certain song choice

then they may look at themselves and pick random

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm hitting the resource wall where money is more of a roadblock than gems for anything. I've already bought out all the food and plaza stuff for color boosts, and most of the instruments, posters, and flyers are at 4/5. But even so, the incremental boost you get from the final level for the latter seems pretty insignificant, so I think I'm kind of at my max with how much I can power up with area items.

Still don't get why there's more item types listed than they actually sell, though.

Asian Oni

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it's only for maxing BP. I'm nearly at 10M coins and only missing 3 lvl6 I think.
But I'm never playing regular so crystals drop are scarce.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Koi wa Chaos no Shimobenari is one of my favorite songs in the game because it's a ton of fun to play.

petitmelon

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I did the daily paid pull and got Hagumi! I'm so happy! Now I have a 4* HHW team. :)

Koi wa Chaos is a freaking fun song. I don't even mind it getting picked all the time.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
\(・ω・\)SANchi!(/・ω・)/PINCHI!

41603858-9a6a-41d0-8b8cd32.png

Those slides are funnn

Determination Symphony and Oneness FCs are still alluding me. They both have sections that I always mess up no matter how many times I play them :/

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
they might get annoyed

then complain about people choosing too high difficulties they can't pass

then hear a reply that it's done based on the person making a certain song choice

then they may look at themselves and pick random
How does that annoy me though? I mean, I see people get annoyed at people choosing difficulties fon songs that they can't pass, but I can't comprehend that. Like, I care more about me getting a big event score than you or any other person in the room passing the song and/or getting a SS.

Like, I'm sorry (not sorry) I constantly pick Guren no Yumiya? Is that what it comes down to?

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Koi wa Chaos is a blast. And I got my FCs already, too, so now I can just enjoy it.

Also, I saw you on the leaderboards last night, squall23. Didn't take a pic, but it's always fun seeing familiar names haha.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
Koi wa Chaos is a blast. And I got my FCs already, too, so now I can just enjoy it.

Also, I saw you on the leaderboards last night, squall23. Didn't take a pic, but it's always fun seeing familiar names haha.
I'd be higher if I had at least one 4* cool type, but apparently RNG decided I should have two 4*s of the other 3 types instead.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
How does that annoy me though? I mean, I see people get annoyed at people choosing difficulties fon songs that they can't pass, but I can't comprehend that. Like, I care more about me getting a big event score than you or any other person in the room passing the song and/or getting a SS.

Like, I'm sorry (not sorry) I constantly pick Guren no Yumiya? Is that what it comes down to?
it comes down to: people do things for the silliest of reasons, dont worry about it

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This Top 1000 is going to cut off at like... 850k at the rate it's going. Ads have certainly spiked numbers.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
5zZffcW.png

The points. The poooiiiints.
I was supposed to take this event easy and then go hard on the next for cans, but I wanted those extra Stars. oTL

despite above photo (which is different from the norm), I haven't tried REALLY tiering ever since Happy Phantom Thieves. I typically play about twenty~thirty minutes a day, probably? I just play my flames in 2s, or 3s if I'm just wanting to play a short burst.

Last edited:

Asian Oni

Oct 27, 2017
I just played 95% of the time in pub rooms this event, no flameless and 5 ads/day and managed #301.
Waiting for more songs.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I missed a complete day due to a family gathering, and then missed half of today because of... a family gathering. Really wonder where I'd have been at if I got in my plays there. Probably 45~ flames "lost".

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Usually once a day after work. I don't play every day though but I try to login every day for the bonus. On weekends I might play more depending on what's going on that day.

Same here, maybe a bit more when I can squeeze it in on weekdays, and a bit more intensely on weekends. Hardly every use the ad boosts, only sometimes on weekends.
I ended up at rank 4533 that way, which was fine by me. I pushed a bit at the end to keep in Top 5000.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Got the new 3* Hina and the 4* Nurse Ako. Gacha being good to me. Hopefully I've still got some leftover luck for FEH.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Went for the usual daily. Saw the rainbow glow sticks. Got excited.

Proceed to get the 4 star Kasumi that I just got. SMH the troll.

boatoh

Oct 25, 2017
Paid single got me the new 2* Eve, completely fine with this lol.

Got lucky with skill RNG and got a near perfect score on the event song within a few tries, don't have to worry about it for the rest of the event.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
2 singles, both Kokoro though one of them was her 4* Happy unit which is great since I didn't have it.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck this song. Every time I try to FC it my tablet drops a different note.
It's an inferior cover to the original song anyway.

edit: and of course the next time I play it, I get it.
Still prefer the original though.

Last edited:

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My Happy Team is so weaaaak. No Happy 4* whatsoever.

I like the new song. Don't know the original, will give it a listen later. I tend to like Honeyworks.

E: if I had a dollar for every time a phone alert killed me I'd have enough to buy multiple of the most expensive Star pack. Nothing like losing a 3flame at the beginning of a song. Can't set everything to mute... and even when I tried to do so before things came through anyway. >_>

Last edited:

lemonade

May 8, 2018
For VS Live, the bonus character and category don't matter as much right?

The team that gets you the highest score is the best since the bonus are applied to members as power but not applying to the final score.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I would assume that's correct, though skills definitely come into play. If you have two teams with not too large a difference in power, I'd run the one with more Scorers even if it had slightly less.

boatoh

Oct 25, 2017
What is up with the event types in JP? 4 out of the last 7 events have been powerful events, very weird. Also I want that new Maya card but no stars.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't sound like they care much on the front of keeping events different attributes lol.

Menu music has gone back to normal, and spooky decorations have been cleaned up. Not gonna lie, I'm glad. The Halloween tune lasted a wee bit long. I know it's be an extra update, but I wouldn't have minded if the music change was put out a week before decor went away instead of being there for the whole thing.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got a super lucky Box #5. One of the Double Skill Tickets, six of the Cans, and the Sayo Skill Ticket with 97/170 left. Said cya to that one real quick lol.

Time to start the loop on some 6's

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
For anybody who doesn't try to tier events: how much/often do you play?

I play once a day, so 10 flames every week day. More on weekends. During the break between events I often don't play at all. I end up around 10K rank still.

One thing that sort of sucks for VS Live is how little your play actually matters. Team comp matters much more for score than whether you full combo / get a really high perfect ratio. Maybe that changes for the top 1% who have maxed out everything, but they probably don't get matched against other people with the same str that often

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
I just play enough to get the event cards and then I play every few days when I feel like playing Light Delight on the JP version.

Edit: I hate that 2.4.0 was implemented already, which has options for MV. The first MV came like 5 months after this update with the Neo-Aspect Event, which is still 20 events from now.

Edit 2: I really really like Light Delight and feel like they could put it in whenever they want. The original JP release came like 1 month after the CD release of Circling, so they may be waiting for that song to come first with its event. This song also came like 1 month before the 2.4.0 update. They've really made mess of things. Its also unfortunate that they tied the Persona 3/4/5 songs to a event so we wont be getting it for like 8 months.

Last edited:

boatoh

Oct 25, 2017
One thing that sort of sucks for VS Live is how little your play actually matters. Team comp matters much more for score than whether you full combo / get a really high perfect ratio. Maybe that changes for the top 1% who have maxed out everything, but they probably don't get matched against other people with the same str that often
I mean, this is really the case for every event type we have currently lol. Whether you're building a team for VS/Challenge Lives or for Normal event multi-lives, your band composition will always have a much higher impact than your own level of skill. Playing well does matter if you're trying to get into one of the higher tiers for song rankings, but you'd still need a strong band to even get to that point so...

I guess when we get Live Try events, skillful play will matter more, but once you've finished all the trials (or reach your limit like me, getting stuck on those lv28 song trials argh), you're back to the same grind you've done in dozens of normal events.

I think a big problem with VS Lives is that the matchmaking isn't very good and that problem gets worse since there's not as many players in global compared to JP. Not saying that it's great in JP, but having more players certainly helps.

Last edited:

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
I think a big problem with VS Lives is that the matchmaking isn't very good and that problem gets worse since there's not as many players in global compared to JP. Not saying that it's great in JP, but having more players certainly helps.
I think this is more a matter of perspective. The way I see it is that the less players there are, the easier it is for me to continue getting top 1000. Even now, I'm starting to feel pressued into refilling flames just to reach that goal. I think it's just going to get harder and harder now.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
My initial time with this game was on an iPhone 6 and then an iPhone frigging 5, so the performance boost switching to an iPhone XS was... cathartic, to say the least, lol. But, I suddenly started playing like shit since then, and doubly so since the recent patch to fill out the entire X/XS screen. Not sure what it is. I think for some reason I've become more likely to let my fingers drift too far above the actual "bar," leading to early/late hits? Or something? (Whatever the reason, fucking up songs due to my own actions and not due to the phone shitting the bed is a welcome change.)

I'm kind of disappointed with the updated SFX, though. #3 is at least a big improvement on the original, but I hope someday they patch in a sound set that's even shorter. My optimal note sound would be something quick and shrill, nothing flashy or with an envelope that hangs for too long. Not really sure how to explain it. Like, on Project Diva games I usually find my way to the super-short wood/bamboo/whatever sounds.

Edit: I'm watching Giant Bomb's Alex Navarro do Rock Band drums for 24 hours like a fucking madman, and I wish I could just have that sharp, fast sound of a Rock Band drumset as my sfx in every rhythm game.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I got the notification for the Shangri-La cover yesterday and jumped into the game thinking it was Chatmonchy's song.

Bah :(
Oh wow, it's nice to see another person here who knows who chatmonchy is! I first learned of them from one of the Bleach ED's (Daidai). It's a shame they disbanded, they released some great stuff. :/