• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

tenton

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow, it's nice to see another person here who knows who chatmonchy is! I first learned of them from one of the Bleach ED's (Daidai). It's a shame they disbanded, they released some great stuff. :/

It's not like Chatmonchy was an unknown band. They even played in the US. :P

But yeah, Shangri-La from angela is an extremely famous anisong. Not that I wouldn't mind the Chatmonchy Shangri-La, but when I think anisongs named Shangri-La, it's the one they are covering.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It's not like Chatmonchy was an unknown band. They even played in the US. :P

But yeah, Shangri-La from angela is an extremely famous anisong. Not that I wouldn't mind the Chatmonchy Shangri-La, but when I think anisongs named Shangri-La, it's the one they are covering.
I don't see em' mentioned a lot which surprised me. I didn't know they played in the US, that's cool to see. I'm guessing they didn't make the trip to Canada, not that it matters now that they've retired. :(

tenton

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see em' mentioned a lot which surprised me. I didn't know they played in the US, that's cool to see. I'm guessing they didn't make the trip to Canada, not that it matters now that they've retired. :(
They were in the US for SXSW and then also parts of Japan Nite. They also made a stop at a record shop in Hollywood to play right before the Los Angeles stop on Japan Nite. I took some pics that day. Wow, it's been over 8 years since that day.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
And Garupa Pico claims yet another victim.

RIP Marina. I think Roselia is the only band without someone dead.

boatoh

Oct 25, 2017
I pulled on the 4* guaranteed gacha
BanG_Dream_2018-11-08-23-41-50.png

boatoh

Oct 25, 2017
I bet I'm the only person who tried to pull for Eve here lol.

Anyways, my saved up stars wasn't enough to get Eve so I ended up spending a bit. Took 70 pulls to get her but also got a 4* Sayo dupe, pure 4* Yukina, and 4* Misaki on the way so things ended pretty well overall. Don't mind getting the dupe since that means (along with the dupe I got earlier) I can SL5 my Sayo now.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Whew, got her with only 2 singles. Kind of wish it was Ako though, even though I like Yukina a lot.

EXpEBN7.png

boatoh

Oct 25, 2017
I did a few single pulls and got the new Ako card in JP. I like the theme of these cards, it's great to see Roselia members in Afterglow-style clothing.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I bet I'm the only person who tried to pull for Eve here lol.

Anyways, my saved up stars wasn't enough to get Eve so I ended up spending a bit. Took 70 pulls to get her but also got a 4* Sayo dupe, pure 4* Yukina, and 4* Misaki on the way so things ended pretty well overall. Don't mind getting the dupe since that means (along with the dupe I got earlier) I can SL5 my Sayo now.
I ran two Dailies on her, but I'm going back to save mode. Gotta have a warchest for Christmas... just hope Santa shows up, and I don't get coal.

The new Sticker had me friggin snort laughing. We got an all random, and the song choice was, something that seems to somehow happen more frequently than not, 1000 Crying Skies. The response shortly thereafter was multiple, "The fruits of our labor!" going out. I know it's partially because I'm tired and these things are funnier to me than they really are, but it truly was a perfect series of events.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I really don't like the selection of songs for this challenge event. Guess I'll play on 4x to get event points faster, missed item drops be damned.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
The audio quality is pretty horrific since apparently these were from China's YouTube equivalent originally, but apparently they started doing lives with RAISE A SUILEN and the other band leads:

lemonade

May 8, 2018
What's the setup with these new bands?

Do they only have the VA for the lead singer?

EDIT: I found the links from bilibili that has 1080p
Afterglow: https://www.bilibili.com/video/av34950938/
Pastel: https://www.bilibili.com/video/av28904235/
Roselia: https://www.bilibili.com/video/av27940775/
Poppin: https://www.bilibili.com/video/av26955736/

EDIT 2: Just finished watching the shuwa shuwa part from Pastel. Damn, this idol chasing/otaku life is too good for this stressful society we live in. That coordinated glow stick shaking is awesome lol.

Last edited:

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
What's the setup with these new bands?

Do they only have the VA for the lead singer?
Most of the people in the last three bands don't know how to play their instruments (with a few exceptions like Moca), so they made a third live band that both does their own music, and also performs with the lead singers of Afterglow, Pastel Palettes, and Hello, Happy World.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
that is quite the username
Lol. High level hiding right under the nose, or a goofy name, the world may never know.

Got a FC on Senbonzakura in my second play, but seemingly can't do it again. Sort of annoying, but in a way that I laugh at. Like I only miss one or two, and always at different spots. At least I'm not being denied an FC!

If I get this Event Top 1k'd, I should have enough Stars for seventy~ pulls by the time the Christmas Banner rolls around. I reallllly hope my luck doesn't crash and burn on that. After not even getting the 3* Misaki from Halloween, I'm feeling a bit anxious. I want to get Saaya and tier T100, but without an early Saaya pull I can basically kiss both of the above wants goodbye, especially since it's going to be a VS Live Event.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
I've had EBA on my mind constantly this week and I smiled so fucking wide when I saw this song was added.

Really fun chart, too.
I actually just got out both games from storage to see how they were, and I forgot how brutal the life meter system was playing the harder songs on anything above normal. Even if you have a full combo going, without constant perfect timing you still might end the song in the red, and if you miss more than just a few notes you're done for.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got my FC on third play. First missed two, second missed one, third time really was the charm haha. Fun song, but a bit long.

EBA was pretty brutal to be honest. Definitely forced you to be a better player to proceed.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
I actually just had a multi-live round with someone who has their username changed to "Ouendan Throwback" and is, I presume, picking Glamorous Sky every time.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently whatever server this forum is running on goes to shit every day at 10pm EST and causes all kinds of problems for several minutes, including double posts.

boatoh

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't get anything good with the 5-draw sets, kinda lame but not a big deal. The boost drinks are good enough as a consolation prize.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Was about to pull the trigger on the 630 Star pack for that Gacha since I'm short 20 Paid Stars (lol), but then saw REOL has a new album and it's on iTunes, so I put the money towards that instead lol.

ALSO I GOT A FREAKING FULL COMBO ON GUREN EX AFTER MONTHS OF TRYING BUT IT WAS IN CHALLENGE LIVE

I had such excitement... and then sadness, as I realized it doesn't count towards my completion. I don't know the next time I'll get that where it actually counts. ;-;

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
In case anyone missed it, Crow Song (from the Angel Beats anime) was added to JP, which is nice. I really hope we get more Nana Mizuki songs soon though.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
I thought about trying the limited 5-draw sets, but it still feels like a better idea to save for the next 4* increased rate banner.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I thought about trying the limited 5-draw sets, but it still feels like a better idea to save for the next 4* increased rate banner.
Probably the better move if you're not just putting more money in right now solely for the limited. The Cans make it a good value, but if you're just looking for better chance at cards, can't go wrong waiting.

Also, I may have ran into you earlier, maybe thirty minutes ago. Was Goka Gokai, someone did the old EX and die lol. I showed "dead" at the end but still had 150 HP. :p

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Probably the better move if you're not just putting more money in right now solely for the limited. The Cans make it a good value, but if you're just looking for better chance at cards, can't go wrong waiting.

Also, I may have ran into you earlier, maybe thirty minutes ago. Was Goka Gokai, someone did the old EX and die lol. I showed "dead" at the end but still had 150 HP. :p
You were the one with the "Wannabe Phantom Thief" name that I indulged by picking that song?

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You were the one with the "Wannabe Phantom Thief" name that I indulged by picking that song?
That'd be me. Wanted Top 100 Phantom Thief title from the second event, and I'd set my username to Joker or something else P5 related. But I sorely underestimated tiering. Have been a 'WannabePhantomThief' ever since lol.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I took a chance on the 5 draw offer, since each pull guarantees a three star and I'm pretty happy with it. Got 3x 3* and a pure Saya 4*. One of the 3* was a dupe, but after these pulls I had enough stickers for a Michelle ticket and pulled a new 3*.

I have all Ako and Sayo 3* now, with the pure Yukina 3* from the next event my Roselia team is becoming pretty versatile and might just start to work for pure events.
Not too interested in the Christmas banner, but I want to save two 10 pulls for the upcoming Kanon 4* with the penguin. Too cute!
After that I'm saving for Dreamfest on New Year's. The New Year's banner looks beautiful.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Over the course of the game I think I've pulled the same invincible hero kororo 3* card And another 3* tomoe card at least 5 times each. Kororo must be nearing 10 by now. I literally pulled three times in my 4 goes at the 5x gacha just now. No 4* but I finally got a Misaki/Michelle card to round out my Hello world team.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Was trying to make top 1000, but I'm falling too fast to be able to make it. Pity since I have a good team for this. Ah well, consistently making top 2500 is still good.

boatoh

Oct 25, 2017
Finished rank 78 for this event overall, and ended up at rank 17 for Senbonzakura and rank 18 for Guren no Yumiya and Yappy. I'm not really sure why I decided to go for top 100 in another challenge event, but I did get like 100 miracle crystals out of it so I guess it's okay lol. Wasn't a particularly hard event for tier for but I had a very strong team and I still had to use some boost drinks for the final hour.

Asian Oni

Oct 27, 2017
Had a very meh team so didn't placed better than top1k everywhere. But I got all the gacha's new cards so there's that...

Myradeer

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yeah, ranking seemed to be much easier for this event. I grinded last VS event like crazy to earn gold for maxing Poppin'Party items, so haven't really paid attention to this event at all, even skipping a whole day without playing a song. I still somehow got top 1000 lol.

boatoh

Oct 25, 2017
This new event type in JP is weird. You have to use your main band to play, but you also have an event band as well? I don't have enough pure cards in JP to actually fill up two bands lol. Also nice to see that the limited missions tab is finally seeing some use.

also time to despair over not being able to get the new 4* Saaya card

EDIT: Looks like the event shops were updated in the global version of the game, finally there's a few miracle crystals in the shop.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand, what exactly is the reason why they won't make it so boosts are used as soon as you join the lobby, similar to during VS events? I'm getting really tired of using three boosts and having the song selection finish, only to have one player instantly drop out forcing the song to continue with only four players. It's causing me to miss out on a large number of points when it happens (around 2k sometimes), which is why I'll probably never take tiering for events seriously.

This is a change that should have been implemented within the launch frame, and the fact that it still isn't a thing in the Japanese version, it doesn't give me hope of it ever happening.