• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

boatoh

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think that will make any difference, people will still disconnect for various reason and you'll still get less score when it happens. It works for VS Live since that mode doesn't care about the total overall score, but each individual score. So any disconnects benefits you, rather than hindering you like in every other mode.

It also means I can't dodge Soul's Refrain anymore, which would make it the worst change ever.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
My issue isn't necessarily the lower score, but the fact that the player who forced the disconnect isn't getting punished at all because of it. Normally in this style of game you get penalized if you grief players, but not here. Unless you count the extra 30 seconds or whatever you need to wait if you continually back out of the lobby when a song is chosen, which I don't personally mind nearly as much since it kicks everyone out and doesn't force the song to start with only four players. The fact that some players wait until the song is chosen and loading starts before they disconnect goes to show that they're intentionally trying to harm the score of players, which is what upsets me. And no, I don't believe it's accidental disconnects since I rarely ever see it happen during VS events where, surprise surprise, boosts are spent as soon as the lobby is opened. Coming from someone who doesn't use stars to replenish boosts and where every natural one matters, it does impact me a fair amount when it happens.

Oh well, I'll just take it as it comes and not stress too much over it. It still frustrates me, though.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, this is absolutely evil. Locking limited-time stamps behind full-price 2500 star rolls each.

banner_gacha10001.png

http://webview.app-bang-dream-gbp.com/information/gacha_step_americapre181126_AB00.html
Play the Cyber Monday Step Up Gacha for 2500 Stars to get a 10-Play and a ★3 Member guaranteed! Play the Gacha again to move up Steps, and receive awesome rewards as you go!

Step 1
・Kasumi Stamp
・1 Studio Ticket (Premium)
・10,000 Coins

Step 2
・Ran Stamp
・2 Boost Drinks
・10,000 Coins

Step 3
・Aya Stamp
・1 Skill Ticket (Premium)
・10,000 Coins

Step 4
・Yukina Stamp
・10 Miracle Crystals
・10,000 Coins

Step 5
・Kokoro Stamp
・10 Miracle Crystals
・1 Skill Ticket (Premium)

boatoh

Oct 25, 2017
I've pretty much accepted that some people will disconnect/fail songs so I don't get that bothered by it that much now. Just gotta take what you can get and move on.

On a different note, there's gonna be Black Friday paid star deals, a Cyber Monday Step Up gacha which has Christmas themed stickers and other stuff, and we're also getting the current WEGO collab cards! It's all stuff you can check out in the in-game notices.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
The fact that some players wait until the song is chosen and loading starts before they disconnect goes to show that they're intentionally trying to harm the score of players, which is what upsets me. And no, I don't believe it's accidental disconnects since I rarely ever see it happen during VS events where, surprise surprise, boosts are spent as soon as the lobby is opened.

How do you tell it's a forced disconnect though.
I played the game on my phone in public transport before, and forget to turn off WiFi, so my phone tried to connect to random public WiFis I passed on the train and I disconnected immediately. I felt pretty bad, so I actually don't play the game outside of my house anymore because of that.
Also, I play this on my phone. That is where people call me. Even during Bandori songs.
It's frustrating to lose boosts just because your friends call you (URGH, how dare they), so how much more punishment would you need?
I tabbed out accidentally of the game once, and that gave me a cooldown so I couldn't join another Multi Live for 5min or so anyway.
I had my dumb phone even turn to standby a few times, because I waited so long on the loading screen for multi live.

There's a million reasons people disconnect, and griefing is probably the tiniest percentage of those.

So how would you want to punish people for this, without making this even more frustrating for everyone else?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
How do you tell it's a forced disconnect though.
I played the game on my phone in public transport before, and forget to turn off WiFi, so my phone tried to connect to random public WiFis I passed on the train and I disconnected immediately. I felt pretty bad, so I actually don't play the game outside of my house anymore because of that.
Also, I play this on my phone. That is where people call me. Even during Bandori songs.
It's frustrating to lose boosts just because your friends call you (URGH, how dare they), so how much more punishment would you need?
I tabbed out accidentally of the game once, and that gave me a cooldown so I couldn't join another Multi Live for 5min or so anyway.
I had my dumb phone even turn to standby a few times, because I waited so long on the loading screen for multi live.

There's a million reasons people disconnect, and griefing is probably the tiniest percentage of those.

So how would you want to punish people for this, without making this even more frustrating for everyone else?
There's no way to really know unfortunately, but these disconnects happen at a very specific time, so the player doesn't even show up on the scoreboard. I can understand getting disconnected mid-song (hey, it happens, especially if you get a call or whatever), but these disconnects are so properly timed and seem to only happen when non-VS events are going on (where boosts are used as soon as you join a lobby). It could just be coincidence, but I somehow doubt it.

Honestly, I wish this game had a bot system, where if it sensed a disconnect from another player, the CPU would take over and fill the role. Obviously they couldn't make them super-tuned, but good enough to complete the song with a reasonable score. It'd also be helpful for people such as you (as well as me), where you get interrupted mid-song due to a call/iOS prompt/etc., but would allow you to re-join the song with the other four members players as CPU (so your boost isn't wasted). There's something like that in School Idol Festival.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
those are some shitty step up rewards, aside from the stickers. and 1 sticker per doesn't feel like a "step up" to me

having never done a step up before, how do this compare to Love Live step up? or dan machi? or whatever else does a step up?

and yes i'm being salty because kokoro is locked as the final one

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
They're awful. Normally step-up's give a greater chance at pulling whatever is on the banner, usually culminating in a guarantee of sorts for the final step. Here, though? Yeah...

I guess if you REALLY like stamps...

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I never use stamps, so thank goodness im safe from that. (They should've put cards based on those stamps in as a guaranteed drop)

By the way Girls Band Pico is one of my favorite anime of the year, and the English website has them subbed pretty much the same time they come out in Japan (make sure the CC is on). The latest episode focusing on Yukina and cats has one of the best gags so far.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand, what exactly is the reason why they won't make it so boosts are used as soon as you join the lobby, similar to during VS events? I'm getting really tired of using three boosts and having the song selection finish, only to have one player instantly drop out forcing the song to continue with only four players. It's causing me to miss out on a large number of points when it happens (around 2k sometimes), which is why I'll probably never take tiering for events seriously.

This is a change that should have been implemented within the launch frame, and the fact that it still isn't a thing in the Japanese version, it doesn't give me hope of it ever happening.
Honestly, I take the bad with the good when it comes to things like this. I don't purposely dc, but if someone picks a low point song like Tear Drops for example, the system lets me switch my boosts down to 2 or even 1 instead of my usual 3.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
The Cyber Monday Gacha is very scummy.

Really disappointed by the WW team with this shameless cash grab.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I never use stamps, so thank goodness im safe from that. (They should've put cards based on those stamps in as a guaranteed drop)

By the way Girls Band Pico is one of my favorite anime of the year, and the English website has them subbed pretty much the same time they come out in Japan (make sure the CC is on). The latest episode focusing on Yukina and cats has one of the best gags so far.

this is one of the best out of the whole series, and anyone who's played the game should watch it even if you've not watched any of the other episodes

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is it better than the one where Rimi turns into a chocolate cornet though?
Hmmmm... My personal Top 5 ranking would be:

Babanbo-Sama (12)
Yukinya (21)
Michelle Land (6)
Rimi Cornet (9)
Freaky Friday (16)

With #2-#5 all being pretty close. Episode 12 had me cracking up though. The crazy things people will do/insist helps when they're sick strikes home with me and when I was real young (5-11 or so) lol. I was always sick, so there were many, many different things tried!

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
I just want to see who dies next in Garupa Pico. After Detective Ako I think they're doing it deliberately.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Even though it's detrimental to the group score performance, does anybody else get a feeling like "cool, I just took out 2/3/4 people" when multiple others fail on a song you chose?

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
^^ Savage!

I took this event easy, will probably end up in Top 10k, but miss out on lots of rewards from the prize list. At least I got the 3* and most of the stuff I wanted from the badge stuff (can probably farm for the 5 remaining music stones later today though).

Is there a specific reason that you guys are saving up for the Christmas Event / Banner, or do you just like the cards?

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You'd think they would've thrown people a bone and had the Step Up gacha line up with the limited Christmas event, they way it's set up now is just mean, even if it is just for stamps

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it ain't worth doing at all. Feel like it's something for only the whalest of the whales. That said, even if it did overlap, I'd still feel mostly the same. That's a lot of dough for stickers.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Next cover song is Extra Magic Hour (Hello Happy World) by AKINO with bless4 (Amagi Brilliant Park OP). The next JP event is also for what seems to be childhood Moca and Ran if you care about them.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Two 10-rolls. Two new 3*s in each one. Including Christmas Arisa. Not 4* Saya, but I'll take it.

boatoh

Oct 25, 2017
51 rolls to get Christmas Saaya, very pleased that I didn't have to spend all my stars to get her. Got a few dupe 4*s on the way which will be useful skill fodder later as well.

My team for this event is almost optimal which means I might be able to make it into the top 10 for the song rankings this time around.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My luck continues to suck for Cards I actually want. 50 Pulls no Saaya, one four star: Nurse Ako.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
I think we got fired in Garupa Pico, cause otherwise you'd think we'd be helping out. That or we're just lazy.

I think Marina is now the most bullied person in the show.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Even though it's detrimental to the group score performance, does anybody else get a feeling like "cool, I just took out 2/3/4 people" when multiple others fail on a song you chose?

Don't Say Lazy is particularly good for this in my opinion.

Man, this game. I love the game play and the story, but can I please get a new unit I want sometime soon? I haven't gotten a new 4* since Aya banner XD, and I'm out of rolls so I'm not hording or anything.All I want is a Lisa or Saaya since they are number 2 & 3 after Aya.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
https://imgur.com/a/9d8BZY0

Finally got around to another long grind session and exhausted my Cans. Not a single Star has gone into this, and I've actually missed a number of times to play over the weekend. Of course, I *will* be throwing a thousand or two stars (maybe more) at this to make sure it wasn't all put to waste.

(Forum won't let me embed rn)

boatoh

Oct 25, 2017
Hope you're ready for the last day rush lol.

I've been getting some really bad lag occasionally, and it's super annoying because the lag disappears the moment I run out of life. Ended up wasting a good amount of boosts just due to that.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Because of FGO grinding I haven't played the JP or EN events at all. I've already stopped playing FEH, Dragalia lost, Azur Lane and Honkai Impact to focus on these 3 games.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm thoroughly expecting a crazy rush (was figuring I'd need around 2 million by the end, which is way overshooting probably but better safe than sorry), which is why I intend on heavy grinding tomorrow. Do hope I don't get thrown out last day though. :/

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Because of FGO grinding I haven't played the JP or EN events at all. I've already stopped playing FEH, Dragalia lost, Azur Lane and Honkai Impact to focus on these 3 games.
Nah, I'm right there with you. I've probably let my stamina cap more than a few times in Bang Dream, but I'm too busy grinding FGO and DL to keep up with it all. :(

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Okay I JUST realized why 2mil is looking ridiculous, and it's because I was thinking of standard Events where a good team gets you like 8k per game lol. Here I get 5k in a good win.

That said, I'm not sure now where to "park". 1.2 mil~ seems safeish? I'm at 860k now, Rank 43. I grinded 300k in one day before, so I could surely do it once more.

boatoh

Oct 25, 2017
Yesssss B.O.F finally got added to the english version of the game! Time to spam it non-stop.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
it's actually a good song
IT'S ACTUALLY A GOOD SONG
I'm still seeing people spam Fuwa but the BOF army has my sword. By which I mean vote.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I've been lagging recently for some songs, and it's strange because my connection is fine most of the time. It's only some live events that will have parts randomly jump and lag.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's something I've unfortunately learned to just deal with. It can show up at the most random times no matter the space and RAM free. Even back-to-backs of the same song can be perfect, screwy, then back to perfect performance lol.