• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

boatoh

Oct 25, 2017
I made it into the top 10 for Our Christmas Song!
BanG_Dream_2018-12-06-21-12-47.png
Was sitting just outside of the top 10 for most of the event, but got a fantastic run earlier today that pushed me up. So glad I got it, would've been devastated if I spent all that time grinding out this song just to miss the top 10. Also got rank 60 for the event overall, I think I'll take it easy for the next event or two lol.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I deleted this game months back because although the game played almost perfect, it would randomly skip and freeze in the middle of songs even with all of the effects turned off, leading to what would have been perfects ruined. I can handle frustration from my own failures, but when I'm losing because of glitches like that I just couldn't handle it.

Fast forward today, just got my LG G7 in and now this game plays absolutely beautifully, but since I didn't create a transfer I essentially have to start from scratch. Not a huge loss I probably only had 10-15 hours into it before. So, I'm back and having fun!

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Is the "watch ad" live boost recovery broken for everyone or just me? I've tried to do it three or four times today, and while it always appears to complete successfully and displays the "1 live boost recovered!" message, it doesn't actually add the boost.

Edit: This is the first event I've tried actively keeping up with in a couple months, and man, the ad boost recovery has really made that top 1000 more competitive. I've hardly missed out on any timed boost recovery since the event started (hour or two while sleeping maybe) and I'm around #2600.

Last edited:

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Ad boost isn't showing at all for me, but worked last night. I'm guessing there is some sort of timer/cool down for it.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
Is Believe our Future the new Fuwa Fuwa Time? We jumped from K-On to Buddyfight?

The potential points sure seem similar.

boatoh

Oct 25, 2017
Kizuna Music, BRAVE JEWEL (the two 2nd Bang Dream second season OPs) and R.I.O.T were added to the JP version just a little bit ago. I hope the EN version will be getting these songs sooner rather than later, they're a lot of fun to play.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Hi just downloaded,
How should I pull on the gacha? beginners, or the other banners? which one?
2500 pull or 250 and reroll speedrun?
Any desired 4* unit or there is a best?

thanks

Welcome! Sorry to be the first to spam you, I'm pretty new as well, but first of all, don't panic.
Generally, the full 2500 pull is preferable, since you are guaranteed at least one 3*. Once you have enough 3*, and are gunning for new units or 4* only, there's no real downside to pulling singles either, but at the start you don't want to get unlucky and waste your stars on 2* single pulls too much.

If you want to reroll: Any 4* that has the skill "100% score boost" is recommended, besides that there's no real preference or S Tier 4* in this game that I know of.
You get 3* units from playing the event enough, and they usually are just as good as the 3* you get from the gacha in terms of stats, so don't hesitate to use them in your team as well!

If you're planning to stay F2P, it is advised that you hold on to your stars as much as possible until there's a "Dream Festival" banner with doubled rates for 4*. There is very likely one coming for the New Year in a month, if you can hold out until then. You can probably start saving stars from all the achievements you get as a beginner.

Otherwise, if you're still building teams, pull any banner you like - sometimes there will be "limited" banners, with units that you can only get from there, but that doesn't necessarily mean that those are high value when it comes to points or skills, but some people love collecting those most.
Once you are starting to have teams of specific colour, you might want to hold out for specific element banners to fill out your teams: i.e. if you're missing "Happy" team members, wait for an event with the Happy element, at the end of the event there will usually be a banner with higher rates for Happy 3* and 4* members.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I'm so tempted by this banner, but I wanted to save for Kanan on the penguin and the New Year's set. Ah, what to do, what to do. I saved up 13000 stars.

boatoh

Oct 25, 2017
Any original songs that we get will be in your gift box, covers will have to be bought from Circle.

Remembrance

Oct 25, 2017
Just starting out, basic question:

For this event with max 30% event bonus for everyone, it seems always better to take a pure scorer with a 10% bonus vs. anyone (same rarity) not a pure scorer with a 20% or 30% bonus. Does that sound right?

boatoh

Oct 25, 2017
If the card isn't going to be your leader/center, go with the higher boosts. If it is, it might be okay to do if it's a 100 or 110% scorer, definitely not for a 60/65% scorer. Unless you're playing in Free Play, only your leader matters in terms of skills for normal events.

Remembrance

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense. So in multi live, everyone aside from the center is just contributing power, right?

Edit: I'm sorry, but I have never seen a roll like this in any game and I don't think I will ever see one again.
jbjRCqpr.jpg

Last edited:

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Holy shit @that lucky pull.
That's the start of a great Afterglow Powerful team right there, congrats!

The short banners are blessed, it is known. I got a 4* Aya (white dress) as well, even though I don't need her. I did however need a Lisa, so I got her initial pure 3*, which is making Roselia the main part of my teams for both Cool and Pure events now. If only my Happy team wasn't absolute trash!

Edit: And yes, in multi live, only your leader's skill will activate, and the rest of the team will just add power to your score.
In VS Live you'll play with all the members of your team, and can strategize a bit more with what you are given.

Remembrance

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit @that lucky pull.
That's the start of a great Afterglow Powerful team right there, congrats!

The short banners are blessed, it is known. I got a 4* Aya (white dress) as well, even though I don't need her. I did however need a Lisa, so I got her initial pure 3*, which is making Roselia the main part of my teams for both Cool and Pure events now. If only my Happy team wasn't absolute trash!

Edit: And yes, in multi live, only your leader's skill will activate, and the rest of the team will just add power to your score.
In VS Live you'll play with all the members of your team, and can strategize a bit more with what you are given.

Thanks for clarifying!

I actually have the entire Afterglow power team... a few months too late. But I'll be using most of this team for any other power events too (like the next one coming up).

hCknv48.jpg

Cool and pure still need members - that roll above is pretty much my pure team, so maybe Dreamfes will help with that.

Current goal: climb from 1900th to 1000th in the last day of the event...

Last edited:

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
This game is a lot more generous than I remembered. I did pay $10 for the month pass, or whatever they called it, but this was just work a couple 10 pills and the 3 half banners.

OsQgG0n.jpg

After a little more than a week that's my main afterglow team, works great on this event.

Remembrance

Oct 25, 2017
This game is a lot more generous than I remembered. I did pay $10 for the month pass, or whatever they called it, but this was just work a couple 10 pills and the 3 half banners.

Not saving for Dream Festival for new year's?

I'm just doing the daily rolls with the monthly pass paid stars. Everything else is being saved... Although the real target for me is limited Moca in the next Dream Festival after new year's.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
I've starting doing the happy box again over the last few months and did a paid pull somewhere in the middle as well, and I've yet to get a single new 3/4* in that time. It's wild.

At this point, I have a good enough roster to just barely make it into the master room for at least most events, so I should probably take this hilariously long duplicate streak as a hint to just not put any more money into the game.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Not saving for Dream Festival for new year's?

I'm just doing the daily rolls with the monthly pass paid stars. Everything else is being saved... Although the real target for me is limited Moca in the next Dream Festival after new year's.
As a gacha veteran, there are 2 very easy, very dangerous holes you can fall into.

The first is timed, ranked modes/events.

The second is delayed gratification or even worse delayed disappointment.

It seems pretentious to say, but I play this game for the gameplay, and as someone who's spent too much money on gacha in the past it's easy to see how I could fall back into bad habits if I let myself.

Remembrance

Oct 25, 2017
As a gacha veteran, there are 2 very easy, very dangerous holes you can fall into.

The first is timed, ranked modes/events.

The second is delayed gratification or even worse delayed disappointment.

It seems pretentious to say, but I play this game for the gameplay, and as someone who's spent too much money on gacha in the past it's easy to see how I could fall back into bad habits if I let myself.

Sounds like it's been a rough time. Yeah, that's the natural response to saving and getting nothing.

Personally I came to terms with it this way: I'll be happy if I gave it a fair try, win or lose.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
In a strange twist, there is a very real possibility that one of the 7 upcoming covers in JP is a μ's song, which is weird since Love Live has its own mobage.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I saw that Afterglow's cover song might be Shunkan Sentimental. If so...hell yes!

Bandori must be on fire though in Japan, they're continuing to do lives and push out singles. On Feb 20th EVERY MAJOR BAND will release a single. That's insane

boatoh

Oct 25, 2017
Clearly dropping 3 singles on the same day wasn't big enough lol.

Nice to see Y.O.L.O!!!!! there, was a little weird that it wasn't in the 3rd single, but whatever it's coming out now.

Remembrance

Oct 25, 2017
I have only heard any of these bands for the last two weeks and I'm already salty about how many singles Roselia has out.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Roselia is by and far the most popular band so it makes sense that they get not only a lot of singles but a lot of events.

Remembrance

Oct 25, 2017
I noticed just from looking at other players' titles while grinding the last event!

Well, now I'm invested in the Afterglow-Roselia rivalry. And looking forward to the event coming up for it.

boatoh

Oct 25, 2017
I think Afterglow has the most full band events in the game right now, thanks to the Persona collab. HHW at the bottom where they belong.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
I also hated Hello Happy World, but after their most recent event, Kokoro finally grew on me. She's such a sweet girl, even if she does have a 2 digit IQ. Misaki is a lucky girl.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
Tenka Toitsu A to Z is only getting a single now? You'd think the most played song would have been released already (song quality notwithstanding).

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I really want that Kanon 4* with the penguin from the new banner, but can only afford 2 ten-pulls (saving the rest for New Year). Send good gacha vibes please!

I'm also saving the 3*+ ticket for January when they add her to the member pool.

Remembrance

Oct 25, 2017
I really want that Kanon 4* with the penguin from the new banner, but can only afford 2 ten-pulls (saving the rest for New Year). Send good gacha vibes please!

I'm also saving the 3*+ ticket for January when they add her to the member pool.

Gutsy move. Good luck!

I had this idea that I wanted to save up tickets for a 10-roll of all tickets, but this early on I realized it's probably more prudent to get more 3*s so I can have a baseline lineup for any event...

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Got two Gacha tickets and two 3+ tickets with 30k stars saved.

Waiting for that P5 collaboration, any day now...

Remembrance

Oct 25, 2017
Today on the new banner I rolled both of the 3* Alisas in the gacha.

I actually have yet to roll a single rateup on any banner except for 2* Christmas Kasumi...

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
No Kanon after 3 ten-pulls. All I got were dupes, some new 2* and a happy Arisa 3* (with Cheshire cat costume). That was quite the disappointment.
Now back to saving and being penguinless.

boatoh

Oct 25, 2017
Light Delight just got added into the english version of the game! I was expecting this song to get added after CiCRLING, nice to see it added to the game already.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Oh nice, my favorite song in the game. I was expecting it to come during the CIRCLING event if anything since its on the same CD, but since it originally came out before the current version of the game, they could have added it any time they wanted.