• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
I can barely clear most expert songs on a good day. I think I'll be skipping the EX challenges for the most part.

boatoh

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for your recommendation. I built a special task force of 2-stars and managed to squeak by Karma with exactly 20 "misses". There are other songs considered to be easier by popular consensus, but the fact that Karma has only 582 notes for 26 Expert is a massive advantage in my book.

Any ideas what might be good for 27 challenges? Probably Redo? Or maybe I start practicing Opera right now...
Redo or Guren no Yumiya for 27s, Sugar Song and Bitter Step will likely be your best shot for 28s.

I actually played LOUDER for the lv27 goals, though I wouldn't recommend that over the other two songs.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
What are the "easiest" level 26 and 27 songs by consensus? Probably still have no shot at those goals since my tablet is so awful at reading a lot of the hold-flick input patterns that higher-level songs have, but might as well give it a try.

Myradeer

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
What are the "easiest" level 26 and 27 songs by consensus? Probably still have no shot at those goals since my tablet is so awful at reading a lot of the hold-flick input patterns that higher-level songs have, but might as well give it a try.
For 26, people say GLAMOROUS SKY is easy. It's long but have relatively simpe pattern. I also had somehow FC'd Wacha Mocha Pettan March (before the event) so that might be simple too. I chose Karma as mentioned above, because it has the second lowest note count I think.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, asked for the wrong difficulties. Meant to ask about 25 and 26.
Well, for 25 it has to be Fuwa Fuwa Time and Believe Our Future right? I mean, they're the most played not just because of their points but their lack of difficulty. If you're asking for the absolutely easiest 25 though, I'd say Tokimeki Experience.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
Slowly coming back to this since alot of songs came out. Got through Wasteland after the third try, might be my second 28 fc after Sugar if I work on it a bit more. Really fun beatmap. (Anything's better than Rebirth tbh)

Also, I heard something about Persona might be coming sooner than expected from datamining? Any truth to that?

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
The person who datamined it has the event coming February 17th, and they're pretty confident about it, so its probably happening. Its an event that isn't tied to any specific real life event, so they can put it in anytime they want. I suspect they updated to one of the most recent versions of the game so they could implement songs and events whenever they wanted rather than be stuck to a specific schedule.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else having issues connecting to rooms? I've tried both WiFi and data, but it keeps timing out. I've also turned my phone off/on. All of my other games work fine.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! WHY DIDN'T I FC THIS?!
5jXUtkY.png

Last edited:

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
So, episode 4.

Among the insanity I have to wonder, how many people actually know Misaki=Michelle? Clearly some people outside Kanon and the suits know, but who aside from the sane members of Popipa? Also, Misaki is slowly but surely becoming the Iron Bear. Tremble in happiness at Kokoro's newest weapon.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
If I can hit that magic combination of feeling sharp and having non-grippy fingers I think I can manage the lv26 energy, note and combo goals with Glamorous Sky, but I don't think I have any realistic shot at 27/28 songs, at least as a thumb player. I bet I could (eventually) learn to be a bit better with fingers on a tablet, but I wouldn't want to sacrifice portability. It's a shame there isn't "permanent" multi-device support.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
If I can hit that magic combination of feeling sharp and having non-grippy fingers I think I can manage the lv26 energy, note and combo goals with Glamorous Sky, but I don't think I have any realistic shot at 27/28 songs, at least as a thumb player. I bet I could (eventually) learn to be a bit better with fingers on a tablet, but I wouldn't want to sacrifice portability. It's a shame there isn't "permanent" multi-device support.
If your devices are jailbroken or rooted, you can use one account on multiple devices. Just get your account file and place them in the other devices. Just make sure that all your devices are using the same OS (so iOS or Android, no mixing), and only one instance of the game running at a time.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
I wish we had a bunch of mini-goals for small rewards on a constant cycle, but I guess the devs think that would dilute the importance of having them during the events. They had that handful of achievements when you first start the game but those get run through pretty quickly.

edit:

Cute, but I wonder if it was actually her idea to tweet it.

Last edited:

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ended up at #116. Brutal.

I knew I wasn't gonna break through, getting sick earlier this week really messed things up for me. That's okay, wasn't meant to be and at least I've been through it once before.

Gonna definitely get top 100 for the Neo-Aspect event though.

Myradeer

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This challenge was abysmal for my ranking (#8000s) because I was spending all my time and flame on solo trying to get that EX title, not points.

Couldn't even get over the hurdle of 27.

Remembrance

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, grinding solo for EX goals may as well be done with no flames.

"Wasting" the points and badge boosts from EX goals is nothing compared to what you lose out from not spending those flames in multi.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't get my FC 27 goal done. Total mental block on all the songs. >_< Had every other goal done, and got Opera down to a five miss, so I do feel I could have achieved it. But it's hard to fight one's self lol.

I ended up like 13,000th place though. New job has me tired + can't use phone for a little over 8 hours in a day, so no natural flames to keep me hovering 2.5k anymore.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
..Literally the exact same Maya 3 times within 3 10-pulls. How. Managed to get a 4* Tsugu out of it at least, but no Valentine's characters feels wrong.

boatoh

Oct 25, 2017
Why is the Valentine's event on the JP version another pure type event? There's been so many pure type events on JP lately. Also holy shit, Saaya is in a non-popipa event for once.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
MELANCHOLYYYYYY

I forgot this was releasing. I love that song. Chart is fun too! A tad long for Bandori standards, but it's fine.

petethepanda

Oct 25, 2017
chicago
John Wick using a sledgehammer to break through his basement floor, except to bring out Tear Drops during a VS Live

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
I love this game a lot, but the double 4 Stars cards in every gacha change didn't sit well with me. I get why they did it, but I just wish we could go back to the old schedule (1 four Star, 1 three Star, 1 two Star).

I just think the amount of four stars in the Japanese version is way too much.

Remembrance

Oct 25, 2017
The reason being... fewer people will roll on a solo 4* rateup banner if it's not a scorer?

And you can't make every 4* a scorer...

boatoh

Oct 25, 2017
Double 4* gachas (even more so for single 4* rate ups) wouldn't be that bad if the rate up wasn't so shit.

Remembrance

Oct 25, 2017
The next wave of single releases is on February 20:

Jumpin' / What's the PoPiPa
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/jumpin-single/1450479091
YOLO / Comic Panic
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/y-o-l-o-single/1450478461
Tenka Toitsu A-Z / Wonderland Girl
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/天下卜ーイツa-to-z-single/1450478252
Safe and Sound / Passionate Anthem https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/safe-and-sound-single/1450478848
High Five Adventure / Fuwa Fuwa Yumeiro Sandwich
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/ハイファイブ-あどべんちゃっ-single/1450478026

Is it just me or do the full versions of all the songs sound like completely different takes? Like they recorded a short version and a long version separately instead of editing.

Last edited:

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or do the full versions of all the songs sound like completely different takes? Like they recorded a short version and a long version separately instead of editing.
Yes, that's exactly what happens for songs that aren't from Popipa or Roselia, and even some of those turn out a little different. Just listen to the short and long versions of Don't Be Afraid.

boatoh

Oct 25, 2017
Nocturnal Kids (the kasumi/miku collab thing) is getting added tomorrow for the JP version and here's the preview for it:

Also login stars and outfits as well.

Full Miku version here:

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Phew, got the limited Yukina card with the daily roll today. I can start saving stars again (pretty sure there's another 4* Yukina card coming in the next month or so...)

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hardcore saving for Persona.. though to be honest, I'm not sure I'll actually roll much on it? Like, I'm just not a huge fan of Afterglow, and the bigger thing to me is the Persona music. But I'm still holding out, as I DO really want Moca. 3 Stars, so maybe I can get away with a relatively low roll count

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Lunar New Year bundles are not a bad deal, but I'm trying to decide on buying one or two of those, or waiting on anniversary in hopes that they do a 100% bonus on Stars again like with Black Friday.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
The Lunar New Year bundles are not a bad deal, but I'm trying to decide on buying one or two of those, or waiting on anniversary in hopes that they do a 100% bonus on Stars again like with Black Friday.

What's the bundle? I only saw the step-up gacha tweet. I'm also hoping for another 100% bonus star sale. Kinda regret not getting more during Black Friday. Didn't expect Persona 5 collab to come so soon and immediately after multiple limited events.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What's the bundle? I only saw the step-up gacha tweet. I'm also hoping for another 100% bonus star sale. Kinda regret not getting more during Black Friday. Didn't expect Persona 5 collab to come so soon and immediately after multiple limited events.

It's the $10 for 1200 Paid Stars and a renamed Boost Drink (plus some mats). Same as back at... New Years? Or maybe that was also a Christmas deal I'm forgetting.

petethepanda

Oct 25, 2017
chicago
I don't know what it is, but for the life of me, I can't consistently get the swipe at the end of the two drag-into-swipe notes in Melancholic. I'm not sure if I'm not swiping dramatically enough for it to register or if I somehow have the timing wrong or what. Driving me insane.

iIha5Xo.jpg

Remembrance

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what it is, but for the life of me, I can't consistently get the swipe at the end of the two drag-into-swipe notes in Melancholic. I'm not sure if I'm not swiping dramatically enough for it to register or if I somehow have the timing wrong or what. Driving me insane.

You are probably trying to swipe in the same direction as the drag (that is to say a little bit on the diagonal), consciously or not. That's how the diagonal drag-into-swipes try to mess you up.

Try changing direction like swiping straight up.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Perhaps it was meant to be a prize every time a new episode goes out? Japan has had the bonus for a while already now, we just got it late. Unsure if theirs was also over a prolonged period or not though, so perhaps I'm totally wrong.

Remembrance

Oct 25, 2017
I spent about 6 full refills to grind as far up as I could from 1500th, and got to 849th place just 10 minutes before the cutoff.

Then I fell out of top 1000 during those last 10 minutes.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The two anime OP music videos were added today. Really cool that they're pushing the anime on the WW version.

Extremely smart if the rumor about the Persona event being bumped up is true as well, because they'll overlap nicely

A login event over 2 months!?

There's the initial 1000 stars up front and then 10 more 150 star drops, but you have until the season ends to pick them up. So if you're playing every day you'll get all the stars way before the event ends.

My guess is the event is geared more to folks who decide to try the game because of the anime. They get the initial 1000 stars and if they stick around for 2 weeks they get enough for a full 10 roll. Even if they start playing later they can still hop in and get all of the stars

Last edited:

Deleted member 43810

User requested account closure
Banned
May 23, 2018
Really happy with those 1000 stars, helped me get the new Arisa card which I couldn't get from ~9000 stars I've spent before.

I wish we could get a gacha with drop-ups for particular bands, rather than for particular attributes (although I know it doesn't really make sense).