• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
I spent about 6 full refills to grind as far up as I could from 1500th, and got to 849th place just 10 minutes before the cutoff.

Then I fell out of top 1000 during those last 10 minutes.
Yeah, it used to be that if you were top 500 twelve hours before the deadline, you'd be safe. Now, top 500 means you're safe for the last 20 minutes.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Yes! With the 1000 stars today, manage to do 1 last roll and got Lisa from the banner! Now I have a 4* for all my favourite chars

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
THEY DID IT

Dy2Ecf7XQAEacxf.jpg

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
I thought for the MVs they'd just give a youtube link. I didn't think they'd actually put up a video file to download.

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
The Evangelion OP was certainly a surprise, the song should have come out 1 month ago, I already had lost hope of it being released long ago.

Now I don't know if I should get excited for the possible release of the other covers they skipped, especially Shin-Ai.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
About teambuilding for this type of event: for non-challenge songs, since the bonus is for event points, should I try to fit as many bonus characters as possible on the team regardless of band compatibility? From what I remember of the event point formula, increasing the event point bonus is worth the tradeoff in team power, but I could be wrong.
For the challenge songs, since the bonus is for character power, it probably makes sense to forget about character bonuses and just go for whatever team can get the biggest area item boost (and still has enough score boost skills).

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Next week! Persona! Probably worthy of it's own thread if one of you want to do the honors, I hate making threads

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Ok, so which should I use first for the Persona event: gacha tickets or 2500 stars?

Gonna watch a ton of level 2 stories to stock up on stars.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's time for this game to finally Take My Hear— Wallet.

...nothing too much, but will probably put in $20 or something

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
That was a surprise, I'm really excited, though! Except for the Afterglow cover, the worst one in the entire game imo

This is the first event we are getting much earlier than the Japanese version and it really messes up the schedule (Anniversary and Seasonal Limited right after, which I really doubt they will change). I guess they will just replace the JP Persona event timeframe with some filler event, but still.

boatoh

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder where they will put the pasupare event that was supposed to be next. I don't think the White Day event is gonna move but pushing back the anniv event a little bit for it probably doesn't matter as much. If anything it'll push the anniv event closer to the actual anniv of the English version of the game.

Event types in JP is a mess anyways, so many pure events lately and there was a ton of powerful events a few months ago.

Remembrance

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder where they will put the pasupare event that was supposed to be next. I don't think the White Day event is gonna move but pushing back the anniv event a little bit for it probably doesn't matter as much. If anything it'll push the anniv event closer to the actual anniv of the English version of the game.

The schedule is Persona - White Day - Wonderful World - anniversary.

It doesn't change much.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
After failing to get anyone from Valentine's I'm very glad I'm sticking to F2P on this game. Thankfully Persona is taking its sweet time coming to the Switch, so I have no big need to get anyone here.

Remembrance

Oct 25, 2017
Was safely in the 300-400th place range all event, and then today I just went into freefall.

Only had time to spend one refill this evening to try to claw back up, but got stuck at 960th place with two minutes left and no CP left, so of course I was falling out of top 1000 no matter what I did in the time left...

boatoh

Oct 25, 2017
Oh god I completely forgot about the persona note/background skin that's only available for this event lol. Still wish I could turn off the note skins but keep the background.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like kind of an awkward timing to get Persona right now.

Got Moca and a new 4* Tae for some reason. Why is Tae my most consistent character? Anyway guess I'll live with that. Limiteds haven't been very kind to me lately.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Oh god I completely forgot about the persona note/background skin that's only available for this event lol. Still wish I could turn off the note skins but keep the background.
Yeah, the visual and sound effects are cool but having no lane dividers and more flatly colored notes throws my timing and spacing way off.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
12500 stars got me 4 new 3*s (one of which was Futaba Moca) and a 4* Kasumi I didn't have before.

Quick question about the character drop rates, if I'm only trying to get the new 4*s does it make more sense to do single plays instead of doing a 10 play?
The 4* drop rates are the same for both but the 3* drop rates increase on the 10 play, so am I right in assuming that there's more of a chance of getting a 4* by doing 10 single plays instead of a 10 play since there's more chance of getting a 3* on the latter, or do the odds work out the same?

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
Did one pull and got two 3 Stars, Crane Kasumi and Persona Moca. Overall, pretty happy, Moca was my favorite in this gacha and the new Kasumi is great.Wish I had any Limited 4 Star but oh well... I'm far more interested in the next Limited gacha right after, anyway.

Also, collab event is awesome. Love this game.

.Quick question about the character drop rates, if I'm only trying to get the new 4*s does it make more sense to do single plays instead of doing a 10 play?
The 4* drop rates are the same for both but the 3* drop rates increase on the 10 play, so am I right in assuming that there's more of a chance of getting a 4* by doing 10 single plays instead of a 10 play since there's more chance of getting a 3* on the latter, or do the odds work out the same?

Correct me if I understood you wrong, but it doesn't work exactly like that, you get a guaranteed 3 Star or above whenever you do a 10 pull (you always get a +3 Star card at the end of the pull, thats the guaranteed one). It's always better to do 10-Pulls to get that guarantee. You could do ten solos and get all 2 Stars.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
15,000 stars, not a single 4*. I'm so glad I don't spend a single cent on this game.

Myradeer

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
12500 stars got me 4 new 3*s (one of which was Futaba Moca) and a 4* Kasumi I didn't have before.

Quick question about the character drop rates, if I'm only trying to get the new 4*s does it make more sense to do single plays instead of doing a 10 play?
It's not that % of getting 3* increases when you pull 10-roll (in fact, percentages are exactly the same). It's just that, when the last roll draws 2*, the system forcefully changes that roll to 3* so you get "guaranteed" one. So if the last roll is 4*, it won't be demoted to 3* for obvious reasons.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Is the event menu song also music from P5 or is it just an original short melody that sounds like the game's style?

lemonade

May 8, 2018
40000 stars down the drain. Got multiple Ran and multiple Moca but no Himari in sight. The game even trolled me with a 4 star Himari only for it to be the ghost one.

I'm probably gonna do daily and grind up for one more 10-pull before buying stars for the special 2000 paid gacha coming up.

If I still don't get Himari, I will just go crazy.

BloodyJinxii

Dec 28, 2018
USA
I managed to get the new Persona Ran in 3 pulls, but you know what else I got?

15 DUPES!!

I'm so mad. But At least they added Kimi no Kioku so I can calm down with that.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I cannot believe how shitty my luck is in this game. 20K stars, got moca but nothing else, not even a random 4*. I haven't pulled ANY 4* in general since October, everytime I save up and use things for an event since then I've gotten nothing. It's frustrating as fuck.

I'm rank 143 and have 6 4*'s total, that seems insanely low.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
Correct me if I understood you wrong, but it doesn't work exactly like that, you get a guaranteed 3 Star or above whenever you do a 10 pull (you always get a +3 Star card at the end of the pull, thats the guaranteed one). It's always better to do 10-Pulls to get that guarantee. You could do ten solos and get all 2 Stars.
It's not that % of getting 3* increases when you pull 10-roll (in fact, percentages are exactly the same). It's just that, when the last roll draws 2*, the system forcefully changes that roll to 3* so you get "guaranteed" one. So if the last roll is 4*, it won't be demoted to 3* for obvious reasons.
Gotcha, I'll save up any stars I get for 10 plays instead of doing any singles.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
1 ten pull managed to get me 2 4*s, unfortunately both were not P5 (I got a Tae and a Hagumi). Still pretty good I guess

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
So is the anime it's own storyline and/or parallel universe and/or a prequel? Because why is everybody not playing in Circle?
I cannot believe how shitty my luck is in this game. 20K stars, got moca but nothing else, not even a random 4*. I haven't pulled ANY 4* in general since October, everytime I save up and use things for an event since then I've gotten nothing. It's frustrating as fuck.

I'm rank 143 and have 6 4*'s total, that seems insanely low.
I've been playing since day 1 and I only have seven 4*s. Only 3 of those are scorers too.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Since they're giving out stars like crazy I did a 10 roll and got what I wanted

DztfOX9WkAAIkOv.jpg

So is the anime it's own storyline and/or parallel universe and/or a prequel? Because why is everybody not playing in Circle?
I've been playing since day 1 and I only have seven 4*s. Only 3 of those are scorers too.

Anime takes place a year after the first one, and the game takes place somewhere in between. I think most of them treat Circle as more of a practice venue and not one set up for big shows. Poppin' Party uses Arisa's basement warehouse so that's why they're never there.

boatoh

Oct 25, 2017
why

Edit: Finally got a 28 FC (cause apparently I'm trash at SSBS and can't FC that)

I'm also not a smart person and got this FC before reaching the lv28 FC trial for the current JP event.

Only noticed now that event song is a 28, it's been ages since JP got a new level 28-29 song.

Last edited:

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
Anime takes place a year after the first one, and the game takes place somewhere in between. I think most of them treat Circle as more of a practice venue and not one set up for big shows. Poppin' Party uses Arisa's basement warehouse so that's why they're never there.
You'd think Marina would have at least shown up once by coincidence. Not that I'm not believing you btw, I'm just saying.
Guess what, JP is about to start another pure event.

So now five out of the most recent ten JP events are pure.
Japan overcompensating fictional girls' purity rating?! Well, I never!

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You'd think Marina would have at least shown up once by coincidence. Not that I'm not believing you btw, I'm just saying.

She did once as a gag, trying to get someone to do their show at Circle only to get ignored lol.

From a storytelling POV I think they just wanted to move away from Circle after the Garupa Pico anime spent so much time there. (which isn't fully canon but is fantastic)