• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I've done nine multi-pulls on the Persona banner with not a single 4*. I'm beyond caring at this point, it's all numb to me.

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to jump in (again) because of Persona banner and since I'm loving the anime 2nd season.

Liking the game so far. Even though I'm constantly getting Cs when I play the songs :X

image0.png

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Hi I need like a baseline faq on team composition and leveling characters and such since I don't really understand what's happening. What's with the area items, when do they trigger? I'm used to love live and feeding girls to other girls to make them stronger...

Remembrance

Oct 25, 2017
Hi I need like a baseline faq on team composition and leveling characters and such since I don't really understand what's happening. What's with the area items, when do they trigger? I'm used to love live and feeding girls to other girls to make them stronger...

Area items provide passive stat boosts and whichever ones you have set at the moment will be always on.

As far as I understand it, the ideal team composition would be on-element 3*s and 4*s for all the event bonus characters. But most of us can't put that together (and sometimes it's impossible), so area items dictate your team compo strategy much more.

Usually this is the best thing you can do:
- Look at the event bonus element for the next event
- Find the band where you have the most 3*s and 4*s of that element and put all those on your team
- Fill the remaining slots with more members of the same band if you have them as 4*s, and then the best on-element 3* members of other bands you have
- Set all the area items for that band and element, and max them out as much as possible

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

There are four Types: Happy, Cool, Pure, and Powerful. Ryuseido and the Cafe will be where you should be pouring your (ingame) money into, into the respective area items of whatever Type is currently an event boost. Persona's is Cool for example, so you can upgrade Cool items to get big boosts. The next Event 'What a Wonderful World' (https://bandori.party/events/) is also Cool, so yeah, upgrading Cool right now will help a lot in the short term. As for when boosts "kick in", they're just passive. You have a 5% boost for Cool from Area Items and have five Cool members? Each card's power towards your Band Power (what let's you get into the different rooms) is just automatically 5% stronger.

In general, aim for having a team of the same Type. It doesn't matter if they all come from different bands. The only time this isn't true is if you can either use a 3*/4* of a different Type, or a 2*. 2* really should never be used once you have five 3*. That said, Area Items are the real boosts here, a 3* only team can get some pretty crazy numbers (enough for Master Room) just from Area Items.

Band Area Items are for each specific band, obviously. Just buy the first level in these, basically. At least for now. Set your item to whichever band you have more members of in your party.

Use Auto-Set to speed things up a lot. It lets you select a Type and Band, and will set everything up (that it can from what you own).

NEVER BUY THE CHOCO CORNET OR BED OF FLOWER. The percentage gain is garbage no matter what.

You can still feed cards to other cards to raise Skill levels, but that's not necessary unless you want to tier or just wanna do so. I'd suggest not doing it until later/you understand what's going on, because these are serious sinks for Skills worth leveling.

With the above mentioned, you should at least know that each card has a Skill, and these proc when you hit the yellow notes you see ingame. You can view it from Members or Edit Team, just holdpress on a card to pull up their menu. Only your center Card has its skill proc when playing Multi Live, so try and put a "Scorer" center. That is, whichever card gets you a bigger score boost.

Last edited:

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks friendos. I've been meaning to get into bangdream for a while but my phone being weird about touch inputs and the fact that it's really overwhelming to get into an ongoing gacha with a tonne of characters all at once kept me away until yesterday for whatever reason.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
FINALLY

Took 30K stars to get, basically did a massive spring cleaning and went around FCing nearly every Hard song and viewed any of the stories I had piling up to scrape enough up for a final 10 pull. Did a daily pull after with the rest and got the detective 4* kokoro too which was super nice. Don't think I'll have enough time to try for Ran too much more but I'm happy to get any of them.

Gave a massive boost to my band power, I'm at 245K now which is the highest I've ever had. Seems like I'll need it since I've been just outside of top 1000 for a bit despite playing it a lot, this event seems extremely competitive unsurprisingly.

petethepanda

Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Finally went back and finished the first season of the anime. I had been enjoying it, but I drifted away after seemed to reach an emotional climax 2/3 of the way through. I wound up liking the rest as well, but it did feel like it was just spinning its tires for the final third. Those two arcs should have been combined somehow. Still, I really liked it! It's the kind of non-overbearing-cute and low-stakes thing that I've been in the mood for lately. (Just wish it'd drop the flashes of leery perv shit, particularly whenever Kasumi's sister is on screen.)

greenbird

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Gave a massive boost to my band power, I'm at 245K now which is the highest I've ever had. Seems like I'll need it since I've been just outside of top 1000 for a bit despite playing it a lot, this event seems extremely competitive unsurprisingly.

Yeah, this event is insane. I committed early on to go for top 100, and the fatigue already set in a couple days ago. My accuracy is shot at this point, finishing a lot of songs at 60-70% perfect accuracy. I feel like a zombie, can't wait for it to be over. This event might end up topping Don't Leave Me Lisa's cutoff score for top 100.

I'm in a good position to reach the goal, and I did get Himari with a single 10-pull, so I can't really complain.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Is there gonna be a special gacha campaign for this Persona event? I thought I read it somewhere that there was supposed to be one but now the event is almost over.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks friendos. I've been meaning to get into bangdream for a while but my phone being weird about touch inputs and the fact that it's really overwhelming to get into an ongoing gacha with a tonne of characters all at once kept me away until yesterday for whatever reason.
Bang Dream just sucks when it comes to the overall explanation of things outside of the music game portion. The biggest tip I can give is that your centre/main band member should ALWAYS be a scorer, aka a 3* with a 60% score skill or a 4* with a 100% score skill.

When it comes to team composition however, it really depends on the type of event that's happening. In the case of this Persona event, which is a Challenge event, I have one band for the Multi-Lives and a different band for the Challenge Lives.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Whoo, watched a bunch of the card stories in my backlog to get back to 2500 hundred stars, and was rewarded with Joker Ran and a 4* Yukina for it. Bandori gacha has been getting nice to me lately. Hopefully it doesn't kill my luck in FEH.

Involution

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, what's good fellas? Figured I'd drop in, i lost my account back when my note 5 died and i decided to start back up now that the persona collab is on. Here's my team, a few days in:
1CyK27M.jpg

It sure feels like I missed a lot though. So many songs I haven't played and lots of 4* characters i haven't seen. I also feel like I can't play Life will change worth a damn either.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Don't know why but the hold always glitch out on me. Even when I let go, it automatically continues the hold causing me to miss notes. Very annoying.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Played like complete shit today but looks like I made it around 570 at 1.38 million. Guessing top 100 had an insane cutoff, I just didn't want to fall out of top 1000.

boatoh

Oct 25, 2017
lol

Challenge lives are the worst. Ended up getting rank 13/14/15 for Kimi no kioku (why isn't this translated), Life Will Change, and Reach Out To The Truth. Wasn't able to get Himari with the few pulls I did so it became impossible for me to get into the top 10 for any of the songs. But yeah, two challenge live events in row is awful and I hope this never happens again.

Remembrance

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I experienced the full brutality of this gacha for the first time this event.

Twelve 10-rolls throughout the event. 4*s were dupe ghost Himari and new winter Maya.

Starting a roll with gold sticks, then seeing rainbow Himari come up, then it being the wrong Himari was just a rollercoaster of emotions.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I experienced the full brutality of this gacha for the first time this event.

Twelve 10-rolls throughout the event. 4*s were dupe ghost Himari and new winter Maya.

Starting a roll with gold sticks, then seeing rainbow Himari come up, then it being the wrong Himari was just a rollercoaster of emotions.
I did around 8-9 multi-pulls with not a single 4*. Not a good event for me, I didn't even bother tiering and just let my stamina sit capped a lot of the time. Managed to get within Top 5000, so that's good enough for me.

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
Did one pull in the White Day gacha. The Kaoru card is my favourite in the game and Misaki is my favourite character in the game.

Got the 3 Star Himari. Weeeeeelp.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Did a 10 roll to try and get Misaki but I got 4-star Sayo instead (and a dupe 4 star Moca).

I'm totally ready for Neo Aspect now lmao

boatoh

Oct 25, 2017
I did a 10 pull on the EN White Day gacha and got 3* Himari, my first limited Himari card lol.

I was not happy to see that JP White Day has Tae and Chisato as the limited 4*s, because I want them both and I have no stars. And anniv is right after this. This sucks.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Oh boy, Wonderland Girl, one of the only good P*P songs releases with the next event.

Remembrance

Oct 25, 2017
Look, if Shuwa Shuwa keeps me winning vs live then Shuwa Shuwa is the best.

(There must be a lot of new players from Persona based on the performances I'm seeing... but still.)

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
I am avoiding the JP songs to don't get tired of them before EN release, but A to Z is one of the best original songs out of the entire game.

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
Sorry for the doublepost, but my sister pulled for me cause she is lucky as hell and I got fricking RPG Ako.

Out of 4 pulls she has done for me she has gotten 4 **** (Nurse Tomoe, Fireworks Saya, Tanabata Hina and now this Ako).

She is a fucking monster.

Remembrance

Oct 25, 2017
So the latest datamining shows that global event timing has been tweaked again:

White Day -> Wonderful World -> Sunset Adventure -> Anniversary

Two live goals events in a row...

Last edited:

tenton

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for the doublepost, but my sister pulled for me cause she is lucky as hell and I got fricking RPG Ako.

Out of 4 pulls she has done for me she has gotten 4 **** (Nurse Tomoe, Fireworks Saya, Tanabata Hina and now this Ako).

She is a fucking monster.

Desire sensor is real. The more you desire, the less you get. Third person pulls are the way to go, gotta find the lucky puller.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like people will be finally get that Ran/Yukina duet soon with an upcoming cover song.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The next event in JP is the official finale for Part 1 (Season/Year?). If you've been keeping up with the anime you know that it takes place a year after the first one. I guess this opens the door for them to add Raise a Suilen to the game at some point.

petethepanda

Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Oh cool, I didn't realize there was an album of full length covers, with a second coming in just a week. There are a ton of covers in the game I'd love to hear full versions of. (Also just did a Google search for "bang dream vinyl album," because I'm one of those people. Tragically, no results.)

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
listening to the japanese covers of already japanglish songs is breaking my brain slightly. it's good music and an admirable effort but man

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
Got past the all the normal goals, won't be able to clear past most of the first EX ones, but I can probably get a few more of the total score and clear rank goals.