• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
That could have been a good opportunity for a collab or at the very least an event storyline about 1900s Japanese stageplays.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If you're thinking about trying the Japanese version to play all the current songs, the JP version is giving out 2500 stars a day for the first two days of Season 2, then 50 stars a day for the next 15 after it.

Not sure if the 2500 a day is locked to the first two days or if it's just the first two days you log in during the event. Definitely worth a shot considering there's going to be a DreamFest too (that's when I started, during the Ako DreamFest)

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
I can never get into the habit of turning on Do Not Disturb (and changing it to "always" instead of "when locked") before starting to play, but I guess it's for the best because I'd almost certainly forget to turn it off afterwards.

It's almost comical how much of the lane is covered up by notifications on iPhone X/XS.

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
Wow, I am not keeping up with JPdori, but I just heard the characters are actually aging and that's really weird coming from a gacha game.

I really wonder how they will handle that because they can't just remove the characters from the highschool setting, right? Intrigued on what's their plan with this.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I am not keeping up with JPdori, but I just heard the characters are actually aging and that's really weird coming from a gacha game.

I really wonder how they will handle that because they can't just remove the characters from the highschool setting, right? Intrigued on what's their plan with this.

Well most of them are 2nd years so a year ahead still keeps them in HS. It actually puts Ako from Roselia into high school now haha. It just matches them up with the anime (and allows them to add the 6th band down the line if they want)

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
Well most of them are 2nd years so a year ahead still keeps them in HS. It actually puts Ako from Roselia into high school now haha. It just matches them up with the anime (and allows them to add the 6th band down the line if they want)

I see. Yeah, I think this year there are no problems with the ageing, I'm mostly thinking if they are going to keep doing it every year, though.

Now that I know it's to match with the anime ages, I imagine this will be a one-time thing.

boatoh

Oct 25, 2017
Got Dreamfest Maya and Pure 4* Hina with all the free stars that's been given out, was hoping to get Eve or Sayo but I'm happy with this outcome.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Are there really barely any area items added even in JP? Because I've basically gotten everything now and am wondering what I can do with my money.

Remembrance

Oct 25, 2017
Are there really barely any area items added even in JP? Because I've basically gotten everything now and am wondering what I can do with my money.

The secret is that a bunch of "missing" area items have been implemented all along with their buffs, upgrades, and fully voiced scenes.

https://bandori.fandom.com/wiki/BanG_Dream!_Girls_Band_Party!/Area_Items

However, these are not accessible in the game because their skills turn out to be far too OP when fully upgraded.

JP just got level 6 upgrades added for the existing area items though. We'll get them in a year.

boatoh

Oct 25, 2017
Getting all the new upgrades will cost 900 miracle crystals (and 240 monakas but no one cares about that), so I think it's a good thing these upgrades are a year away lol.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got Dreamfest Moca in JP and got the Miracle Ticket roll so I could get Lisa to complete the Neo-Aspect set.

That is a LOT of stars they gave away lol

boatoh

Oct 25, 2017
lol the 2* event Tsugumi comes with its costume. Guess the rest of the older event 2*s should be getting their costumes once the anniv update happens.

On the JP side of things, I got the band story 2 Chisato with the miracle ticket. Pretty much got everything else I wanted that was in the permanent pool with my dreamfest rolls, so it was a pretty easy pick.

dimb

Oct 25, 2017
With the events rearranged we don't get the four star Happy Moca that came with the anniversary Dreamfest. RIP.

dimb

Oct 25, 2017
Why would that make any difference? Isn't the WW anniversary the next event? Which would then have another Dreamfest right?
Because this is the Happy Afterglow event. The value of the next Dreamfest is lowered when the headliners on it are not going to really be at peak usefulness for ages.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit they're finally doing Birthday events in English!

Meanwhile Bandori JP is on a completely different level with the lounge lol

dqh6wn4y39n21.png

boatoh

Oct 25, 2017
Returns was added to the JP version of the game, hopefully it'll get added to the EN version soon.

I like the lounge a lot more after seeing the birthday events. Was pretty neat to see the other popipa members talk about Rimi's birthday that's coming tomorrow when I opened the game earlier today.

boatoh

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like we're getting a bunch of the updates that JP got prior to their 2nd anniv update. Don't see anything about score adjustments so I guess we'll still have the hard score cap for a while longer.

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
i tried a hard level for the first time because of the event and got merc

what the hell do you do for the pink notes? Swipe and lift? I don't get it intuitively and i don't remember where/if there was a tutorial on them

Myradeer

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
what's the timing? do you have to tap like it's a normal note and flick before it scrolls offscreen?
Hmm, I never really thought about the exact timing (which is probably why I always have trouble with these GREAT challenges but still). You'd probably be better off looking at some of random Bang Dream hand cam youtube videos if you want specifics.

Edit: this has some nicely spaced flick notes at the beginning.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dang, JP Bandori has a 2500 paid gacha that's limited to one band. You can pick which band you want

what's the timing? do you have to tap like it's a normal note and flick before it scrolls offscreen?

Think of it as cutting/swiping the note instead of tapping it. You can go in any direction too so play around and figure out what works best for you.

Last edited:

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that the game relies so much on real-time coop play, and yet a single person losing their connection at any time can screw over an entire group and the game still doesn't have any mitigation for that, is mind-boggling.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
Is it weird that I just now found out they added coffee to the cafe store? It's a minor thing but I don't remember it being announced in any of the Persona stuff.

petethepanda

Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Clear status when selecting in multi live! Boost notifications! Favorites! Sorting Members by event bonuses! Surprised it took so long, but still, lots of nice stuff being added.

I'm curious to see how the display changes will affect things on an iPhone XS, but I'm even more intrigued by the Unity update. While the XS was a hell of an upgrade for the game compared to the iPhone 6 (and briefly, 5) that I came from, I'm constantly surprised at how jittery the game can still perform even on this phone.

boatoh

Oct 25, 2017
The update added in all the older 2* costumes! Also the costumes for Eve/Maya from the upcoming pasupare event are in the game already for some reason.

boatoh

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, I guess the EN version got updated to the soft score cap with this update. I'm able to get over 180 CP with a triple boost and 120% bonus now.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Actually going through with 5 new songs is impressive. Pity about the season 3 delay. And no word on when RAS is going to get more love.