• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
b6gbObF.jpg

Published by Bushiroad and developed by Craft Egg, a new cross media project has arrived! Launched in Japan last year BanG Dream! Girls Band Party! or Bandori for short is now available worldwide after the early Singapore launch last week. Starting off the same way as the JP version but with improvements implemented such as Friend Lists, Live Boost revamp, and 4* rate increase (1.5% -> 3%, 6% during Dream Festival).

BanG Dream is a rhythm game, it is played horizontally with notes coming down 7 lines. There are regular blue notes that you tap and green notes that are held. Green notes are also able to slide across the lines so watch out. Double notes are shown with a line connecting each other. Pink notes have arrows pointing up so you have to flick up, but you are also able to flick left or right to accomplish the same thing. Yellow notes are there to activate a random band members Skill.

BanG Dream is unique in that there is no LP system/stamina, there is a Live Boost system that gets you EXP/material drops with how many flames are used. Once those are gone you can keep playing songs but you won't get EXP/material drops.

Attributes do not come into play until an event is on as there are bonus points awarded for using a certain Attribute (Powerful = Red, Pure = Green, Cool = Blue, Happy = Yellow) as well as bonus points for using a specified band member. Free Live as well as Multi Live are available, Multi Live lets you join a random room with 4 other people to play a song, you can even play songs you haven't unlocked yet if one of the party members has unlocked it. You can create rooms and join them as well.

Gacha is a thing in this game as well. When an event is released new cards/costumes are released for certain girls. Gacha rolls cost 250 Stars for 1 pull and 2500 Stars for a 10 pull with a 3* guaranteed. 4* rate is 3% with 3* rate at 8.5%. You can tell what the highest rarity in your pull will be by the glowing sticks, White/Yellow for a 3* and up while Rainbow glow sticks means there is a 4* in your pull.

BanG Dream not only provides original songs but also offers covers of popular anime openings/endings and dabbles into vocaloid as well. These are available for purchase using Tone Crystals in the Music Shop. Cover songs are continuously added into the game so the JP version has way more than the WW version. Some of the WW version songs available now are Alchemy (Angel Beats), Hacking to the Gate (Steins Gate), Don't say "lazy" (K-On), Dream Parade (PriPara), and 1 2 Fanclub (GUMI and Kagamine Rin).

There are 5 Bands with 5 Girls in each. Read the Stories available to find out how these girls came together and witness their interactions on the overworld with the Live2D available in the game. You're not limited to using a single band as you can mix and match your party, you are however limited to only one of each girl so you can't have two Kasumi in a band.

xA2yr6L.png

Poppin'Party - Kasumi (Guitar & Vocals), Arisa (Keyboard), Tae (Guitar), Saya (Drums), and Rimi (Bass)

bfJ5Aax.png

Roselia - Yukina (Vocals), Sayo (Guitar), Lisa (Bass), Ako (Drums), and Rinko (Keyboard)

YFWxUAe.png

Afterglow - Ran (Guitar & Vocals), Moca (Guitar), Himari (Bass), Tomoe (Drums), and Tsugumi (Keyboard)

ZlNTLIH.png

Pastel✽Palettes - Aya (Vocals), Hina (Guitar), Chisato (Bass), Maya (Drums), and Eve (Keyboard)

KnQsRZ7.png

Hello, Happy World! - Kokoro (Vocals), Kaoru (Guitar), Hagumi (Bass), Kanon (Drums), MIsaki/Michelle (DJ)

App Store
Google Play

Official Site
Bandori Party (unofficial database)

Masaru

Oct 28, 2017
Mmm nice! Was wondering when it will be up earlier. Time to go bandori hell!

Ailanthium

Oct 27, 2017
If Sorairo Days isn't the greatest cover I've ever heard in my entire life I'm uninstalling immediately.

I don't think my girlfriend would let me do that.

dragn

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
is there some tierlist or are rerolls not so important in this game?

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
is there some tierlist or are rerolls not so important in this game?
Aim for the 4* Rimi as she is the only 4* with a flat 100% Score Boost right now

Skills are activated a limited number of times during a song (like less than 10 and it's random who gets to activate) so I don't think it's too important atm

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Is this as grindy as UtaPri or Love Live? I love the games but can't commit the time required to do events so I lose interest.

fek

Oct 26, 2017
This game is so good. Playing it feels like it's a generation ahead of other gacha rhythm games. If I wasn't already playing too many gacha games I really would like to put more time into it. Right now I just login almost everyday and play a few songs once in a while. I will probably try this version a bit too.

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
Is this as grindy as UtaPri or Love Live? I love the games but can't commit the time required to do events so I lose interest.
It actually isn't. To get the 3* from events you only have to get 75000 pts (max pt rewards are up to 250,000) which isn't a lot and you can play any song you want and still get event points.

Though not sure if it will work that way with the 1st event on here since the JP version had it where the 3* was through tiering. They got backlash because of that and permanently changed it to points.

Ailanthium

Oct 27, 2017
Are there any plans for an OT? I don't plan to re-roll myself, I'm just too lazy. It's better if I don't take games like this too seriously, but it's nice to start at the same time as everyone else on the server so I don't feel behind (looking at you, Love Live!).

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any plans for an OT? I don't plan to re-roll myself, I'm just too lazy. It's better if I don't take games like this too seriously, but it's nice to start at the same time as everyone else on the server so I don't feel behind (looking at you, Love Live!).
I'm actually expecting this thread to become the OT since that's what happened to the last 2 mobile games I made threads about.

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017
Curious, how many people here are able to achieve the highest level of play on rhythm gacha games because I sure as hell can't.

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
Curious, how many people here are able to achieve the highest level of play on rhythm gacha games because I sure as hell can't.
I play Love Live, UtaPri, and this on the hardest difficulty (well Love Live on Expert because Master isn't kind to thumb players :( ), I think I do well enough, Some of the more difficult songs on Bang Dream are really fun like God Knows.. and Happy Synthesizer whenever they release on this server D:

Check your present boxes people! 500 preregistration Stars have been sent out :D

that was 9pm PDT/12am EDT

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I love how the cover songs are mostly songs I know. I'm used to being unfamiliar with every song in an anime gacha rhythm game so it's a nice change of pace, even if unlocking them is a little slow.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
BanG Dream is unique in that there is no LP system/stamina, there is a Live Boost system that gets you EXP/material drops with how many flames are used. Once those are gone you can keep playing songs but you won't get EXP/material drops.

BanG Dream not only provides original songs but also offers covers of popular anime openings/endings and dabbles into vocaloid as well. These are available for purchase using Tone Crystals in the Music Shop. Cover songs are continuously added into the game so the JP version has way more than the WW version. Some of the WW version songs available now are Alchemy (Angel Beats), Hacking to the Gate (Steins Gate), Don't say "lazy" (K-On), Dream Parade (PriPara), and 1 2 Fanclub (GUMI and Kagamine Rin).

There are 5 Bands with 5 Girls in each. Read the Stories available to find out how these girls came together and witness their interactions on the overworld with the Live2D available in the game. You're not limited to using a single band as you can mix and match your party, you are however limited to only one of each girl so you can't have two Kasumi in a band.
So this is the stuff I care about, to hell with scoring and gacha.
- How often are new songs released? What's the balance between original and cover songs?
- How is the story stuff set up? Do you only get certain side stories if you roll 4*s?

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
reroll guide please. finished tutorial without enough for a 10 roll, even with the free 500*
Can't really get enough for a 10 pull fast enough so i just did single pulls
I used this guide when I was rerolling on Nox

So this is the stuff I care about, to hell with scoring and gacha.
- How often are new songs released? What's the balance between original and cover songs?
- How is the story stuff set up? Do you only get certain side stories if you roll 4*s?
New songs are mostly released with events (some events like the 1st one don't come with one), cover songs don't have a set release schedule. I think it's pretty even between them
Here's a tracklist for the JP version

You unlock parts of the Main Story by ranking up your level. Band Stories are unlocked by using members of that band in your party and interacting with band members in the overworld. Stories are not locked behind 4* members, events have Stories as well that you unlock by earning points. If you miss the event you can read them but you won't get rewards for doing so such as Stars.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Clicked because I saw rhythm game in the title

Read because I clicked may as well proceed

No interest in pictures being presented

Gacha is one of the most annoying parts of FEH

Meh, don't need to check this ou—

Hacking to the Gate and 1 2 Fanclub? On my iPhone in a rhythm game???
Game downloading.

Articalys

Oct 25, 2017
New songs are mostly released with events (some events like the 1st one don't come with one), cover songs don't have a set release schedule. I think it's pretty even between them
Here's a tracklist for the JP version

You unlock parts of the Main Story by ranking up your level. Band Stories are unlocked by using members of that band in your party and interacting with band members in the overworld. Stories are not locked behind 4* members, events have Stories as well that you unlock by earning points. If you miss the event you can read them but you won't get rewards for doing so such as Stars.
So if I understand this right, I can unlock new songs on a relatively regular basis (about how many per month?), can play any unlocked songs just for fun as much as I want, and can read all the story content without needing to get any rare units from the gacha as long as I keep playing? Sounds like a pretty good deal to me for a F2P game.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
THIS GAME HAS A COVER OF KARMA

I skipped all of the opening dialogue because I just wanted to try the game. Is the story worth reading through or not really? The bit I did read seemed pretty... eh.

OP
OP
hypno

hypno

Oct 25, 2017
So if I understand this right, I can unlock new songs on a relatively regular basis (about how many per month?), can play any unlocked songs just for fun as much as I want, and can read all the story content without needing to get any rare units from the gacha as long as I keep playing? Sounds like a pretty good deal to me for a F2P game.
I think it's about 2-4 songs per month.
Yeah this game is really F2P friendly except for not giving a 10 roll right when the tutorial ends.
And if you want to get rid of some RNG with cash they also introduce a guaranteed 4* pull you can buy (character is still random though)

THIS GAME HAS A COVER OF KARMA

I skipped all of the opening dialogue because I just wanted to try the game. Is the story worth reading through or not really? The bit I did read seemed pretty... eh.
I have been enjoying the story but I guess It's not necessary if you just want to get to the gameplay

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
4* Rimi get! Still have 1500 gems too, which I'll save for DreamFes.

I'll be sure to post my ID and add others here in a bit.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
I got a 4* "Everyone's at the Amusement Park" Toyama Kasumiafter using 2500 stars. Is this a good starting pull?
There's 5 4stars atm, I think.

Rimi gives 100% score bonus, the most popular and suggested one to get.
Kasumi and someone else heals and gives 40% score bonus
The other two turn Bads (aka everything) into perfects and gives 40% score bonus

So everyone is suggesting Rimi as a minimum for people rerolling. Since if you get good at the game, pure score bonus helps more than the other two.

For rerolling, after the tutorial (after you get daily bonus and can do things on your own), you have 1700 stars. Do band story popping party ch1 and get 25 stars. Then go into profile and change your title for 25 stars.

Now with 1750 stars you get 6 single rolls. if you fail, reroll on android via deleting a single file. That's what I've been doing.

You can ignore the tutorial song and move on without hitting a single note.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have been enjoying the story but I guess It's not necessary if you just want to get to the gameplay

The short conversations that pop up after playing a song do have some humor to them, so I'll give a few Chapters an actual read instead of writing it off. Seen that the game is fun, so I don't feel like I'm wasting time to get to something I may not like, now. :p

4* Rimi get! Still have 1500 gems too, which I'll save for DreamFes.

I'll be sure to post my ID and add others here in a bit.

DreamFes?

Is the introductory banner a trap? Or is it actually pretty good? I did one roll, but will start saving everything else until the last day of it. Unless that's a bad idea.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Downloaded the game after reading this thread, laughed at the PoppinParty band name, got utterly destroyed in the tutorial rhythm game.

This is very good

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's basically an event that happens about once a month where the rates for 4* are doubled to 6%.
Ah, thanks.

Considering the fact the 8% banners on FEH have screwed me over more than the 3% ones ever have, I don't know that I'll wait on it myself, lol..

I was going to get Hacking to the Gate and 1 2 Fanclub with my free crystals, but after seeing Guren no Yumiya, I changed my mind; Hacking + Guren. Guren's Hard chart is, well, hard to me. My mind has trouble processing holding one note while hitting another, followed immediately by swapping them off and doing the same with the opposite side.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
I was just at an event and saw two members of one of the bang dream bands play the phone game with people in the audience. They were both great at the game. I guess they would be, since they can play instruments and are idols and such. But then one of them held the phone up to the crowd and played one handed (they were playing the hardest difficulty songs on random). Crazy.

Huh looking at the names, I think the one that played one handed was Rimi, the 4* everyone is coincidentally trying to reroll for, lol.

Shoshi

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Holy heck! This is good!
Looks amazing! They are a moving in dialogues like 3D. Is all visual novels this real? O..o;

Needs to download more data in-between though. 165MB in-game load.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I was just at an event and saw two members of one of the bang dream bands play the phone game with people in the audience. They were both great at the game. I guess they would be, since they can play instruments and are idols and such. But then one of them held the phone up to the crowd and played one handed (they were playing the hardest difficulty songs on random). Crazy.

Huh looking at the names, I think the one that played one handed was Rimi, the 4* everyone is coincidentally trying to reroll for, lol.
This is awesome.

There's 5 4stars atm, I think.

Rimi gives 100% score bonus, the most popular and suggested one to get.
Kasumi and someone else heals and gives 40% score bonus
The other two turn Bads (aka everything) into perfects and gives 40% score bonus

So everyone is suggesting Rimi as a minimum for people rerolling. Since if you get good at the game, pure score bonus helps more than the other two.

For rerolling, after the tutorial (after you get daily bonus and can do things on your own), you have 1700 stars. Do band story popping party ch1 and get 25 stars. Then go into profile and change your title for 25 stars.

Now with 1750 stars you get 6 single rolls. if you fail, reroll on android via deleting a single file. That's what I've been doing.

You can ignore the tutorial song and move on without hitting a single note.
To add to this, if you quickly set up a Transfer ID you can get an extra 250 gems (and an additional pull) out of each re-roll session.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
Holy heck! This is good!
Looks amazing! They are a moving in dialogues like 3D. Is all visual novels this real? O..o;

Needs to download more data in-between though. 165MB in-game load.
on the top right of the title screen you'll see a "Live2D" logo. This tech has been used for a few years now to give 2D images that life like movement. I give bonus points to any game I play using that tech, it's so good.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
In various VN situations (still kinda at the beginning of the story) I had weird moments of a band "auditioning", but all I got was a short pause in the VN gameplay. After the pause, everyone was all like "that was great!". Is this intentional, or do I have to redownload or anything?

hat_hair

Oct 26, 2017
In various VN situations (still kinda at the beginning of the story) I had weird moments of a band "auditioning", but all I got was a short pause in the VN gameplay. After the pause, everyone was all like "that was great!". Is this intentional, or do I have to redownload or anything?

I got that too, I assumed it was because they didn't want to make you go play a song and then come back to load another few lines of dialogue (Looking at you, Love Live).

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I hope the gatcha component isn't terrible. I'm mostly downloading this for the rhythm element.