• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Now that Dragon Quest and Banjo-Kazooie (Rare-era) are both represented, I think the next big IP that has no Smash representation yet is Resident Evil.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
IaUFhPS.jpg

This single shoot is what videogames are for me. Incredible

Of course the Duck Hunt dog is looking to a different direction.

Heh, even Pac-Man, Mega Man and Sonic are cheering for Banjo & Kazooie.

IntelliHeath

Oct 25, 2017
It's a copypasta/meme based off a famous NBA tweet (https://mobile.twitter.com/brohrbach/status/1012349588588716033?lang=). Sakurai leading with DQ only to pull out the BK reveal brought it to mind as him dunking on everyone, and then I just picked a prominent SmashEra poster to fill it in with.

Sorry for any confusion or discomfort, was just having fun with the announcement.

That's fine. I 'm not good with all meme or copypasta so it got my attention! I'm flattered that you think that I'm one of those prominent poster in SmashERa.

It's all good! :D

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
I just love how stoked K. Rool, DK and Diddy are when they see Banjo and Kazooie. Such a great touch.
Even better when you remember Banjo first appeared in Diddy Kong Racing too!
Honestly, I have no idea how they can top Banjo&Kazooie, it will be a tough act to surpass.

Celine

Oct 26, 2017
I still can't believe Nintendo put Banjo in before some mobile Gacha juggernaut. Now that is throwing the west a bone.
Not really.
Nintendo is behind "classic gaming" with full force and Banjo Kazooie is part of Nintendo history.
To them Sonic, Pac Man, Castlevania, Megaman and Dragon Quest are more relevant than some recent gacha IP.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
this is so damned amazing. Im happy again just relooking at this thread.

FUCK YEAH!

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
With both this and Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, this has been my most favorite E3 in a very long time.

JustinBailey

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
media

I've been wanting to post this screen cap all day, as it made me lol, and now i have made it so. i'm sure its been posted, but I still lol when I look at it.

ChristianH94

Apr 14, 2019
I'm really glad they went with a slightly different take on Banjo's design than going with the nuts and bolts look. The nuts and bolts one just lacks expression

Navi

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just so happy that it finally happened. The stars just happened to align so that this smash and it's dlc came out at a time where the relationship between Microsoft and Nintendo couldn't be better. It is just really miraculous =')

Fahdi

Jun 5, 2018
I don't care anymore, if this is a celebration of mascots, so be it. Put in:

- Crash
- Spyro
- Gex
- Bubsy
- Conker
- Ratchet & Clank
- Sly Cooper
- Jak & Daxter
- Parappa
- Sackboy

Murfield

Oct 27, 2017
I hope however gets hit with the ultimate also falls off a tower, leaves a hole in the ground and gets covered by a boulder.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if there's any chance of a skin option for the classic look rather than the Nuts & Bolts look.

NiallGGlynn

Apr 16, 2019
Now that Dragon Quest and Banjo-Kazooie (Rare-era) are both represented, I think the next big IP that has no Smash representation yet is Resident Evil.

Jill Valentine would be great. Banjo being the first western third-party addition opens a lot of doors though, especially now that Microsoft are officially playing ball.