• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Damn im not even that huge of a Banjo fan and im INCREDIBLY happy. That traile was a masterpiece and im ovejoyed with all the happiness it has brought.

true but this design shits all over the weird ass nuts and bolts design

06d4cf8c6aff23b09d049c0keb.jpg

ugh what were they thinking

I do have to say I prefer a LOT more Kazooie's design here than in the original game boxarts and smash. Also while Banjo works really works in some of his poses, those eyes really look bad in some of it animations, like he is drugged out of this world. But maybe they are still tweaking him.

Wonder if there's any chance of a skin option for the classic look rather than the Nuts & Bolts look.
The one in smash IS the classic look.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
This is Nuts & Bolts Banjo & Kazooie:

apps.12751.71730112378065787.6e0f9c96-8c50-42d7-97fa-3817505983fc.710667f7-0428-49f6-b706-e0055720632b

The one in Smash is their classic look.

I'm sure his snout was a bit smaller in classic, though? Maybe the Smash look is a hybrid between the two? Or maybe it's simply the vastly-improved fur that's throwing me off?

Edit: Yeah, just looked again. It's the fur that's confused me.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
I don't care anymore, if this is a celebration of mascots, so be it. Put in:

- Crash
- Spyro
- Gex
- Bubsy
- Conker
- Ratchet & Clank
- Sly Cooper
- Jak & Daxter
- Parappa
- Sackboy

If you think about it, Sakurai and Co. are pretty much giving us every single most realistic requested characters ever. We got Ridley, we got K.Rool, we got Banjo. I have no idea who might the 4th DLC newcomer could be, but at this point I could lock that prediction that the 5th one is finnaly gonna be Geno. I mean, we already have more than one Capcom and Konami representatives in it, why the hell not? The sky is the limit. The 4th one now could be any of your list.

Last edited:

jrDev

Banned
Mar 2, 2018
Late to reply but OMG! Reggie was right! We would never see whoever they are working with for Smash characters! This is unprecedented. That trailer is pure nostalgia joy!

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
So glad I didn't get that Banjo Totaku figure now (luckily it wasn't on special along with the others when I saw them the other day haha). Now I can just wait for the Amiibo! :D

Banjo is easily my fav DLC guy so far, I like DQ and I'm happy its now represented in Smash, but don't have as much personal connection to the characters - and Joker is just meh.

cloudyboy

Oct 27, 2017
just graduated university today, and now Banjo, this day can't get any better! Make it quite amazing to see him again, since I used to play this so often when I was in Elementary school!

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
It's hard to think of another character that could be added that brings people together quite like Banjo & Kazooie.

DonMigs85

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You know, I hope Rayman still makes it in eventually, considering how supportive Ubisoft has always been and their collaborations with Nintendo

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's really impressive how well their designs have held up. They look fucking excellent, have held up better than other Rare designs. Makes the Nuts & Bolts redesign all the weirder (and I'm cool with that game).

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
If you think about it, Sakurai and Co. are pretty much giving us every single most realistic requested characters ever. We got Ridley, we got K.Rool, we got Banjo. I have no idea who might the 4th DLC newcomer could be, but at this point I could lock that prediction that the 5th one is finnaly gonna be Geno. I mean, we already have more than one Capcom and Konami representatives in it, why the hell not? The sky is the limit. The 4th one now could be any of your list.

The problem with Geno is that he's already from a represented series, and has a spirit.

Which means they have the rights to use Geno, yet deliberately decided to not turn him into a fighter.

Plus, following the Mii Costume theory, we're unlikely to get another Square rep anyway. He has a lot stacked against him, more than anyone else.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
The problem with Geno is that he's already from a represented series, and has a spirit.

Which means they have the rights to use Geno, yet deliberately decided to not turn him into a fighter.
Tha's why in another thread asked about the Spirit theory. For me, Rayman seems like a great pick, but he's already a sticker...

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Crono and Geno are all I need after this and Smash Ultimate will be the dream realized.
That's pretty much my two dream additions as well.

I expect at least one of those to happen...Ultimate is goaling a lot of high demand characters.

The ONE high demand character that would legit surprise me to happen is Goku.

rAndom

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's hard to think of another character that could be added that brings people together quite like Banjo & Kazooie.

Banjo pretty much brings the final closure to fans who wanted their deeply-rooted classic characters to be in Smash. Ridley, Simon, K. Rool, Banjo... everybody is truly here now.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
That's pretty much my two dream additions as well.

I expect at least one of those to happen...Ultimate is goaling a lot of high demand characters.

The ONE high demand character that would legit surprise me to happen is Goku.
The only reason i don't think Goku will be in Smash ever is because he must be really expensive to get a hold off the rights, no to mention the gigantic creative control their copyright holders have over everything he's in (to mind comes the FighterZ mess with the whole tournaments and streaming issues. Imagine that happening to Smash) . I don't see Nintendo even trying to deal with that kind of stuff. Geno and Chrono are both Square-Enix representatives, so it could be a bit overkill to have them both, I think that, since Sakurai is fullfilling the fans requests, Geno has more chances to be in it.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
This was fantastic and I wasn't expecting it to get me the way it did.

I thought I might not care if Banjo got in but this reveal made me realize I was dead wrong.

I loved all the nods to Rare.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017

Plus, following the Mii Costume theory, we're unlikely to get another Square rep anyway. He has a lot stacked against him, more than anyone else.

Geno's kind of the weakest link of these popular "never ever" characters anyway.

K. Rool and Ridley are both the most reoccuring antagonists of two prolific and long running Nintendo series, while B&K are the stars of beloved N64 games that sold millions back in the day. Geno's just a supporting character that was only featured in one Mario RPG spinoff (albeit one that's fondly remembered) from over two decades ago. It's honestly a miracle he's even repped in Smash at all.

I do think he should of been an assist trophy, at least.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
The last two WTFs possible would basically be down to Master Chief or Goku. I would be down for both.

Aside from those two there are still a ton of old school gaming icons to appear in Smash like

Goemon
Bonk
Master Higgins
Billy and Jimmy
Ryu Hayabusa
Monster Boy?
FF4 and FF6 characters
Strider
Altered Beast
Golden Axe chars
Resident Evil chars
Tekken chars
Battletoads?
Tails

and more. Still plenty of characters that could appear in Smash.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Crash and Spyro are actually probably more popular than Banjo as well so I could see them being the next steps up.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Crash and Spyro are actually probably more popular than Banjo as well so I could see them being the next steps up.

Crash is plausible, but I feel like Spyro is a no go considering how unpopular his games were in Japan, no thanks to how horrific their versions were in comparison to the west's.

IIRC Spyro 3 didn't even release there

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I think the two best ones you could add now would be Goku and Crash.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I just realized. How the hell is Rayman not in there yet?
Rayman is super obscure in Japan, where his games barely sell a few thousand units. I think Western guests will continue to be a rare occurrence going forward, so they'll really need to shine to be considered for Smash. Banjo's been highly requested for decades, his games did pretty well in Japan, and his games were published by Nintendo. He stands out to me in a way that few other Western characters do.

Suburban Thug

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Midwest
I just want to say that was one of the greatest trailers I've seen in a while - definitely faked me out at first! Glad they gave a nod to the fans there.