• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
Banned player shared some information regarding mvc4 in his latest stream. When asked about it he said "[...] since I couldn't care less" I assume this is referring him being banned from majors.

Bulletpoints (not much)
  • Started production in 2018
  • Capcom is developping character kits (functions) at the same time as being in talks with Marvel regarding who gets in the roster to speed up development
  • SF6 is in production
  • Covid fucked up production schedule, SF6 and MVC4 are delayed. It is also the reason we got season 5 in SF5. 18 more months of SF5 at least

Last edited by a moderator:

jdmc13

Mar 14, 2019
As someone who is not a member of the FGC, what was the point of MVCI if they were still going to make MVC4?

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
I can neither confirm nor deny that Capcom is back

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
This sounds pretty crazy which kinda... Makes me believe it, especially the 18 more months of SFV part, it feels so insane I totally believe it lol

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I can't watch the video right now, but what's with the wording "supposed to be" exactly. That seems to imply that it isn't anymore.

ZeroCDR

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nobody here will take him seriously, but MAHVEL always returns.

As someone who is not a member of the FGC, what was the point of MVCI if they were still going to make MVC4?

I think MvC4 would be more of an "apology" for MvCI. Really I couldn't tell you the logic behind MvCI's decisions, other than it was designed to receive constant DLC that never happened.

OP
OP
DanteMenethil

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
Also for everyone's mental health don't watch past 27min or so he starts to make some insanely dumb false equivalency of sexual allegations

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
For those who pay attention to these things, all of this sounds fairly reasonable, and dare I say - for the most part - obvious?

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do we have to?

Can't they just make Capcom All-Stars instead?

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Back in 2018 I saw a SoCal local talk about pre-production work starting on MvC4 on a Discord server. I think it was around the end of the year. Some loose lips allowed that to spread around to people in the know supposedly. No idea if there's an validity to it.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I'll believe it when I see it. I so want another MvC to exist, however until its announced I refuse to believe it could be a thing. In the mean time, port MvC2 please!

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
So the rumored big update for MvC:I is being turned into MvC:4?
Yes.

Fchamp has been saying MVC4 is in development for forever. Fuck him
He's a piece of shit, sure. But lines up with what I know.
Let me preface this with I ain't claiming to be an insider, nor want to be one, I've just heard things in the wind.
I guess they were working on a larger update for Infinite and were planning to move forward with getting it out to everyone but decided to form it into it's own new game. Foundational, not a whole lot had to change but the air around Infinite was already really sour so it was best to move forth and take in more feedback then they could have with an update to Infinite. I won't claim to be an insider, but this is coming from the person who told me about Pragmata before weeks before it was announced so I'm sure it aint BS.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It all sounds very obvious honestly. MvC4 is an inevitability.
sk9nb6lgccq31.gif

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Couldn't Fchump get in big trouble for sharing this stuff?

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Wouldnt be surprised if true since rumors of it are floating around since that timeframe.

Also if it really happens i bet its gonna have Elsa Bloodstone and Crystal on the Marvel side.

For some reason these two popping up in all other Marvel games despite not being hugely popular or MCU related.

Marvel Games really likes to push these two.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
FChamp trying to cling to relevancy after finally being shown the door.

Go make more ill-advised tweets about watermelons, you tool.

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
I really dislike the way he talks about any topic.
This dude just rubs me the wrong way. I never liked his demeanor as a player, nevermind when he opens his mouth.

Ontopic:
More Capcom games, nice! Bring them on :D

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
They probably realized the community wasn't too happy with MVCI so decided to move forward instead of focusing on it.

They probably called it Infinite because they low-key weren't confident in the product and wanted to be able to fall back on the Marvel 4 branding to recover if needed.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Couldn't Fchump get in big trouble for sharing this stuff?

I feel at this point we shouldn't even share this shit on principle by virtue because its coming from him. I'm surprised capcom didn't dunk his ass the very second it came out that the leaks came directly from him when people found out in those leaked shots where his because of his curtains.