• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Beignet

alt account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
Two sanctimonious centrists, no thanks. Also, fuck people who drink and drive

Deleted member 2699

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Thread Derail
This doesn't surprise me. Really all Obama ever wanted was to be a celebrity, but he just wasn't actually good at anything so he had to get into to politics.

Also didn't Michelle have a podcast on spotify to? Is that still going?

Deleted member 31923

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
people aren't saying that

the state is. they charged him with a dwi

Which I don't get. The limit is .08 or higher in New Jersey. While it says you can get a DUI if you are below .08, .02 isn't even remotely close to the limit. It sounds like the cops wanted to make an example out of Springsteen.

"State of New Jersey. In New Jersey, a person is guilty of drunk driving if he/she operates a motor vehicle with a Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) of 0.08 percent or greater. BAC refers to the amount of alcohol in your blood. Although the law refers to a 0.08 percent BAC, you can be convicted of driving while under the influence of intoxicating liquor even when your BAC is below 0.08 percent."

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
This doesn't surprise me. Really all Obama ever wanted was to be a celebrity, but he just wasn't actually good at anything so he had to get into to politics.

Dangerously Fox News-ish comment here, lol. Reads just like something from a Tucker Carlson cue card circa 2014 or something from grandma's e-mail forward.

Also...yeah, this podcast is kinda trash pretty much immediately after that DUI/DWI, but I guess the demographic that would be consuming something because it has Springsteen in it probably wouldn't give a fuck about it. Wack.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I'm down.

AHAHAHAH! Try harder.

people aren't saying that

the state is. they charged him with a dwi

And we trust State prosecutors looking for a bone to pick because?

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
He had a 0.02 BAC. Read past the headlines, people. That law basically says "DUI/DWI is a 0.08 or higher... or... if we feel like it?". Let's wait for a little more facts on this one. The science so far says he was not drunk, at all. Too much Scope in the morning will give you a 0.02 but won't be any fun.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
I wish there was a thread called "ResetEra's shit list" as this is the first I'm hearing about Obama being on it. Seriously, it's getting hard to keep up. I like both people, so it means little to me other than avoiding negative replies.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish there was a thread called "ResetEra's shit list" as this is the first I'm hearing about Obama being on it. Seriously, it's getting hard to keep up. I like both people, so it means little to me other than avoiding negative replies.

Most every single President of the US has crimes of humanity committed under their watch and have a hand in manner of things that would get another leader labeled as a war criminal. Obama isn't any different.

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
Waiting on Obama's Let's Play channel. Would be more my generation's thing than a boomer podcast.

Deleted member 31923

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
He had a 0.02 BAC. Read past the headlines, people. That law basically says "DUI/DWI is a 0.08 or higher... or... if we feel like it?". Let's wait for a little more facts on this one. The science so far says he was not drunk, at all. Too much Scope in the morning will give you a 0.02 but won't be any fun.

Yeah, that whole "if we feel like it" part of the law is b.s. I can understand if you are close to the limit, like say .07, and the officers get to make a judgment call, but .02 isn't even remotely close to the limit. And if you have that much discretion, why have a limit at all? Basically, it sounds like they have the cops huge leeway if they need to meet their quotas at the end of the month, then they can just hand out DUI's left and right.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
You know what website you're on?

Rayman not Ray

Self-requested ban
Banned
Feb 27, 2018
For all my cynicism about mainstream liberalism, I'm a sucker for whatever Springsteen and Obama are selling. No, it's not ideologically consistent. Yes, it's a gut emotional response.