• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
That COPD is a death sentence. Lost my own grandfather to it a few years ago. You'll be totally lucid and full of personality one day, then your body decides it just can't take it anymore and you'll pass.

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
RIP

You can tell CNN couldn't wait to pull the trigger on their remembrance video package.
140228_2749537_Tom_Brokaw_Pre_Tapes_anvver_3.jpg

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Man RIP to this woman
I remember my mom got this book for me when I was kid, all about the president's dog and it was just a lot of cool pictures of Milllie all along the white house, giving birth etc etc.

Rest in Peace
81Tu6w1lJTL.jpg

Shadowrun

Oct 26, 2017
RIP Barbara. I read this morning that she had whiskey last night. Hope it was a good one. <3

Lol at CNN. They had a video package rolling less than two minutes after the announcement.

Uh, y'all realize that most major media outlets pre-write/prepare obituaries before celebrities die, right? They legit keep track of people likely to pass away -- whether from old age, sickness or high-risk activity (Amy Winehouse, for example). This is a very common practice.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
COPD is a horrific disease.Lungs just keep losing capability until the body just cant take anymore and stops. Very much like drowning

Smokeymicpot

Oct 25, 2017
RIP Barbara. I read this morning that she had whiskey last night. Hope it was a good one. <3

Uh, y'all realize that most major media outlets pre-write/prepare obituaries before celebrities die, right? They legit keep track of people likely to pass away -- whether from old age, sickness or high-risk activity (Amy Winehouse, for example). This is a very common practice.

Yup and I always think of the scene from 30 Rock when Tracy finds out about that.

SaviourMK2

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CT
My favorite line of hers ever was:
"We've had enough Bushes" in regards to her son running for president.

I am curious if she voted in the last election, and if she did, who for.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, RIP to her. And still drinking bourbon at 92, fuck. I'm not very familiar with what she had but at least she was able to be lucid and around her family before the end.

This is so common that 30 Rock had two episodes about it. I honestly thought more people knew. Surely they have one prepped and ready for Stan Lee, with all the shit he's been going through recently. :\

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
Oct 25, 2017
My favorite line of hers ever was:
"We've had enough Bushes" in regards to her son running for president.

I am curious if she voted in the last election, and if she did, who for.
We know that during the primary JEB managed to convince his mother he should be the President.

JEB's too easy to goof on. It's still really sad. To be honest, Barbra Bush was a bit before my time as first lady so I really don't know about her as a public figure. Still though, 92 is a really long, full life. R.I.P.

I legit did not know that. It's kind of hilariously morbid.

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
Well, 92 is a long life and she went out peacefully. Fairly ideal outcome that most people would hope to have.

RIP.

EDIT: Typo fix

Last edited: