• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shedinja

Nov 30, 2017
I don't know much about her (H.W.'s presidency ended the year before I was born) but the segment I just saw on MSNBC made her seem like a pretty good person. RIP.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I had a professor who did a deep study on the Bush family years ago.

Their daughter died when the kids were all teenagers and George HW was already in politics. Basically Barbara held that family together with both hands. When you figure she raised a President and a governor, gotta figure she did something right.

(Also an interesting note, that same professor was saying that the reason Bush 43 developed his terrible sense of humor was because his dad was always gone, even during that incident, and he took it on himself to always try to cheer Barbara up when she couldn't cope with that death anymore.)

Anyways, RIP

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
RIP. in this sad time let us all relive her greatest moment

I looked up how many kids she had, assuming it was just Junior and Jeb but she actually had 6 children, one of whom died very young from leukemia, can't imagine how awful that must've been for her but it really humanises her as someone I can't say I knew much about. The family must be having a rough time.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
I looked up how many kids she had, assuming it was just Junior and Jeb but she actually had 6 children, one of whom died very young from leukemia, can't imagine how awful that must've been for her but it really humanises her as someone I can't say I knew much about. The family must be having a rough time.
I was shocked it was just not W and Jeb until a few weeks ago when one of her grandchildren got married.

Oct 27, 2017
140228_2749537_Tom_Brokaw_Pre_Tapes_anvver_3.jpg
What always comes to mind when they can't wait for it.

Illest1

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Still giving her the side-eye for the Anita Hill and Katrina comments. Never going to forget that.

For real. I see someone got banned for speaking truth. Shame really.

I suggest people read this book:

FAMILY OF SECRETS:
The Bush Dynasty, America's Invisible Government, and the Hidden History of the Last Fifty Years

This woman played her supporting role perfectly.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
I ain't gonna throw shade at the woman for having a son and a husband I didn't like. Least she isn't suffering anymore, RIP.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
If you have concerns about moderation, PM an admin. Otherwise this thread is to discuss the passing of Barbara Bush, not the actions of her relatives or other public figures.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
She was an interesting woman. Spent a lot of time working on promoting literacy, and unlike most Republicans, she thought the party should butt out of abortion and homosexual issues. Of course gets the side eye like most old rich white ladies for a few ignorant statements. Would be in a much better position if even a few modern Republican lawmakers took after her.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Man watching all these memories and seeing clips I remember seeing as a child, the feels man, this shit is so sad. That's old school love those two had.