• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Politics wise she was very much a different breed of Republican than Modern Republicans. She was for Legalized Abortion. Supported Stronger Gun control etc. As someone posted earlier her gestures made during the Height of Aids Frenzy was powerful stuff especially if you knew how shitty the prior White House Occupants were when it came to Aids. Raegan and Nancy were abhorrent when it came to Aids and victims of it.

Good Advice too
"Cherish your human connections," Mrs. Bush told graduates. "At the end of your life, you will never regret not having passed one more test, winning one more verdict or not closing one more deal. You will regret time not spent with a husband, a child, a friend or a parent."

Oct 26, 2017
Nashville
I think what people need to realize is that while she made mistakes, she still did a lot of good in promoting family values among all, reading, love, and even was for gay marriage and abortion. She is perfectly fine.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They have to ask the Trump Administration if they can have a state funeral for her, yes?
There really is no set of ceremonies for First ladies. The few traditions that are typically done haven't even been done for every first lady either.

There is no set protocol to mourn them. Instead, federal and local governments — including the sitting president — decide what's appropriate. And first ladies' funerals are generally private affairs, in contrast with the highly scripted state funerals given to former chief executives.
President Obama on Monday ordered flags on government and military property flown at half-staff until Nancy Reagan's burial.

But even that honor isn't always provided. It apparently wasn't done for Betty Ford, who died in 2011, according to an NBC News review of presidential proclamations. It was done for Lady Bird Johnson in 2007, but not for Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis in 1994 or Pat Nixon in 1993. (Onassis and Nixon did get 30-day mourning periods at the White house, though.)

Archer

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
She was a tough broad. Also liked her bourbon.

iStock-641176300.jpg

WastemanLoso

Apr 16, 2018
D.C
This the same women that said Black Hurricane Katrina victims who were being housed in the Houston Astrodome were "underprivileged anyway, so this is working very well for them." ?

Oct 25, 2017
THE SIMPSONS™

September 28, 1990

Mrs. Barbara Bush
The First Lady
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, D.C.

Dear First Lady:

I recently read your criticism of my family. I was deeply hurt. Heaven knows we're far from perfect and, if truth be known, maybe just a wee bit short of normal; but as Dr. Seuss says, "a person is a person".

I try to teach my children Bart, Lisa, and even little Maggie, always to give somebody the benefit of the doubt and not talk badly about them, even if they're rich. It's hard to get them to understand this advice when the very First Lady in the country calls us not only dumb, but "the dumbest thing" she ever saw. Ma'am, if we're the dumbest thing you ever saw, Washington must be a good deal different than what they teach me at the current events group at the church.

I always believed in my heart that we had a great deal in common. Each of us living our lives to serve an exceptional man. I hope there is some way out of this controversy. I thought, perhaps, it would be a good start to just speak my mind.

With great respect,

(Signed)

Marge Simpson

Dear Marge,

How kind of you to write. I'm glad you spoke your mind; I foolishly didn't know you had one.

I am looking at a picture of you, depicted on a plastic cup, with your blue hair filled with pink birds peeking out all over. Evidently, you and your charming family — Lisa, Homer, Bart and Maggie — are camping out. It is a nice family scene. Clearly you are setting a good example for the rest of the country.

Please forgive a loose tongue.

Warmly,

Barbara Bush

P.S. Homer looks like a handsome fella!

Chindogg

Oct 25, 2017
East Lansing, MI
Barbara Bush pushed for child literacy, pushed to help the homeless, supported and made massive contributions to Planned Parenthood, openly embraced AIDS victims during the AIDS crisis, supported immigration, stated that abortion and homosexuality were personal matters in the early 90s (and that Republicans shouldn't try to interfere,) and openly shit on Trump as a candidate.

Yeah she said a really stupid thing about Anita Hill and Katrina victims. That should not mar her reputation as someone who really tried to help people and pushed against the rest of the Republican tide. She was human and should be afforded the occasional courtesy of being dumb once in a while.

RIP

MCN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
Barbara Bush pushed for child literacy, pushed to help the homeless, supported and made massive contributions to Planned Parenthood, openly embraced AIDS victims during the AIDS crisis, supported immigration, stated that abortion and homosexuality were personal matters in the early 90s (and that Republicans shouldn't try to interfere,) and openly shit on Trump as a candidate.

Yeah she said a really stupid thing about Anita Hill and Katrina victims. That should not mar her reputation as someone who really tried to help people and pushed against the rest of the Republican tide. She was human and should be afforded the occasional courtesy of being dumb once in a while.

RIP

Yes, but Resetera is full of perfect people who have never said or done anything stupid, and anyone who isn't exactly as perfect and flawless should be shunned and cast out from society.

tx2005

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rest in peace, and my prayers are going out to her family and friends who are grieving, especially HW who just lost his wife of over 70 years.