• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 29, 2017
http://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Statement-issued-for-Barbara-Bushs-failing-health-479811603.html
Following a recent series of hospitalizations, and after consulting her family and doctors, Mrs. Bush, now age 92, has decided not to seek additional medical treatment and will instead focus on comfort care.
Not surprising but sad all the same :(

UPDATE:
She has passed:

http://time.com/5242261/barbara-bush-dies/

Barbara Bush, the beloved wife and mother of two former presidents, died at the age of 92 on Tuesday.

The former First Lady and former President George H.W. Bush had the longest-lasting marriage in presidential history – 73 years. As the Bush family matriarch, Barbara Bush dropped out of college to follow her childhood sweetheart – and kept following as he went from the House of Representatives to the United Nations, the Central Intelligence Agency, the office of Vice President and, finally, the White House.

Last edited:

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. Bush 41's not looking too great these days either. I would hope they at least live to see the end of this Trump debacle.

Oct 28, 2017
92 is a good run. Sometimes I think Benjamin Buttoning our way through life would be awesome. I don't want to spend my last years shitting my pants and forgetting my address. I want to get all of that out of the way.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I was almost sure that she would outlive Bush senior. Still, hate to hear that and I hope she's not suffering.

hurroocane

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Very sad for the Bush family but 92 is a good age. To make it that far is quite the achievement.

I guess this will probably be very rough on Bush senior especially since he's 93 himself..

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
I don't have a good opinion of this lady.

giphy.gif

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully, she goes peacefully and with as little pain as possible.

92 is a good run. Sometimes I think Benjamin Buttoning our way through life would be awesome. I don't want to spend my last years shitting my pants and forgetting my address. I want to get all of that out of the way.
Benjamin Buttoning wouldn't prevent that. You'd still be doing both those things in your last years.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wow 92. I mean I guess yea that makes sense but idk just didn't think she was that old. I hope she comfortable in her final days.

Sr. Being 93 is also somehow surprising to me too.

Deleted member 20296

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Very sad for the Bush family but 92 is a good age. To make it that far is quite the achievement.

I guess this will probably be very rough on Bush senior especially since he's 93 himself..
Men always die shortly after the woman does, they give up. This story was told to me and then i observed it with grandma/grandpa, I guess I that's anecdotal, but for me seeing is believing

Oct 28, 2017
It would be considered an unprecedented snub otherwise, which would create GOP infighting. Prominent GOP power-brokers will make sure they invite him for the good of the party.

Nobody in that family likes Trump. They're going to do what they want to do. And you really think the Republicans would jump into a circular firing squad again over Trumps ego?

NR1

Oct 25, 2017
Dallas, TX
I had no idea she was in bad health. I always hear about George Sr going in and out of the hospital and missing public appearances do to his health. Hope she and her husband make the best of these very difficult times.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
It would be considered an unprecedented snub otherwise, which would create GOP infighting. Prominent GOP power-brokers will make sure they invite him for the good of the party.

Insulting both the son of a President (Jeb Bush) and two former Presidents (Bush Sr. and Bush Jr.) was also unprecedented. I would not be surprised if Trump gets invited, but isn't given any speaking role at the funeral. With that, I hope Trump himself will refuse to attend the funeral. The man can go fuck himself after the disparaging comments he made, even if the content was largely correct.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Insulting both the son of a President (Jeb Bush) and two former Presidents (Bush Sr. and Bush Jr.) was also unprecedented. I would not be surprised if Trump gets invited, but isn't given any speaking role at the funeral. With that, I hope Trump himself will refuse to attend the funeral. The man can go fuck himself after the disparaging comments he made, even if the content was largely correct.

I can't imagine him even physically standing with the other ex-presidents in such a situation. If I were Dubya I'd demand he not be let in. Doesn't deserve to be in proximity to HW.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
I can't imagine him even physically standing with the other ex-presidents in such a situation. If I were Dubya I'd demand he not be let in.

That might not be totally out of the question, considering how much animosity there must be between the two camps. I would actually gain a little modicum of respect for Dubya if he told the GOP to fuck themselves over Trump. That man is very close to his father.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Sad. Hope Trump doesn't ruin the funeral with even his presence. You already know Obama will give a fantastic speech though.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
And now she's passed. That was quicker than I thought it would be. Well wishes to her family during this period of time.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Whoops. Apparently a few sites inadvertently posted her obituary before it was meant to. My bad.

Papaya

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
California
I just heard about this, with this thread coming back up. Sad to hear. That interview above shows she was still in her right state of mind. Her husband always looked like he was in bad shape. They both have lived a long time.

Cutebrute

Nov 8, 2017
Arkansas
She lived an incredible life, both in public and private. She was the glue for the Bush family, so I hope they find comfort and peace in this time.

sschol

Oct 27, 2017
It's really difficult to have any sympathy for her or her family. Anyone with that kind of proximity to either Bush president or their atrocities... eugh. I really just can't even see her past the blood of countless innocents whose deaths her family is responsible for. Maybe it's not especially nice to say it, and some might say it's not fair to blame her for the crimes of her husband and spawn, but I would absolutely argue with conviction that there is a moral line that was crossed, probably around the time her husband headed the CIA. For every good deed and positive bit of lip service she offers, dozens of corpses are there to stink it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.