• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
giphy.gif

Miles X getting out of Spain.

Last edited:

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Now that I'm old, most of my male friends wear more upper body swim clothing than women do these days lol.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
Women leer at fit hot dudes, too. And then talk about them with their ladyfriends, as anybody who has them can attest. We are sexual creatures after all.

Again, you just don't have to be gross. Which is easy, because it wears off really, really fast and most people happen to be civilised.

Going topless these days makes no fundamental difference. Bikinis are already tiny as they are. Nobody's decency is going to be violated.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait, there are places in Spain where topless is frowned upon?

You can go tits out even in those wack beaches in Cantabria.

ClamBuster

Oct 27, 2017
Ipswich, England
i stayed in calella, about 15 miles up the coast from barcelona, and there was a nudist beach pretty much on the side of the road!

granted it was sparsely populated, and the road did look down from it from a bit of a height... but with er, you know, a bit of iphone zoom... well, you know... yep

(tell me again why my dickhead country voted to leave europe???)

Don't objectify women.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication

This thread is not meant for people to objectify women. If you can't post in a respectful manner then don't post.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
1. Good. I don't think toplessness should be considered nudity for anyone.

2. As exciting and plane-takeoff-y as this headline is, I'm pretty sure the novelty would wear off pretty quickly (and we'd all be better off for it).

3. "Most boobs are saggy and not attractive" etc - well, yeah duh... most human bodies aren't perfectly aesthetically pleasing. That's why when you DO see someone on the beach who's in perfect shape, well toned, muscular, etc, everyone thinks they're good looking. But the rest of us can still enjoy ourselves, haha. And when you do see men or women who look like they've seen a Marvel movie personal trainer, you can say "damn, they're hot". But that doesn't mean you should be repulsed by everyone else. The advent of normalized barechestedness across genders shouldn't affect the above formula at all.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People complaining about the quality of nudity at these places always struck me as the dumbest shit. It's not a strip club.

teacup

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This thread feels very cringey in 2019. :/

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Don't go to beaches in Europe then.

In fact, don't come to Europe, thanks.

EDIT: Oh you're a Brit. Well, you'll be out of Europe soon anyway.

That's uh...not how it works. Even if the UK leaves the union they aren't going to relocate the island out of Europe.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
It's amazing how quickly you stop caring about women being topless when you go somewhere that it's common. Takes about 15 minutes and you stop noticing.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
i'm European, I get it, I just don't want to see it, just like PDA. I don't think there is anything wrong with covering up, or baring all there is just a time and a place.

I wouldn't be happy as a dad, if nudity became normal and I had a daughter topless on a beach with a bunch of grotty horny men leering over her.

I'm British as well so probably a bit of a prude.

Oh, I did not notice you are a Brit. Even so, topless is quite normal in Europe. It is not an attention grabbing thing like your exemple. In fact, in some places it is the opposite. When I took vacation with (now ex) wife and a couple of friends in Greece some years ago, our wifes were the ones getting the attention because they were the only women in the beach not topless.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a Scandinavian we grow up with women going topless at beaches or at home so it isn't that big a deal anyway.

Deleted member 5127

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So because they're in a different place to a penis and a vagina it's okay? Odd.

Probably against this because I really don't wanna see boobs on the beach, or anywhere.

In that vein we should all get to chose, and then what, you have a bunch of saggy boobs and wrinkly old dicks on the beach that you and your kids have to look at. Disgusting.

Breasts aren't genitals, so your comparison doesn't make sense.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Probably against this because I really don't wanna see boobs on the beach, or anywhere.

In that vein we should all get to chose, and then what, you have a bunch of saggy boobs and wrinkly old dicks on the beach that you and your kids have to look at. Disgusting.
Bordering on parody.

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
I can get being angry at some of Britain, but half of us didn't ask for all this Brexit crap.

I'm exaggerating of course. Whole Brexit stuff is messed up. Got a lot of British coworkers and wouldn't want them to be sent back, but non-EU employees are more expensive to an employer than EU employees, and there might be limits how many non-EU employees you can hire depending on the country/industry.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm exaggerating of course. Whole Brexit stuff is messed up. Got a lot of British coworkers and wouldn't want them to be sent back, but non-EU employees are more expensive to an employer than EU employees, and there might be limits how many non-EU employees you can hire depending on the country/industry.

Yeah I kinda figured, think all the Brexit shit is getting me down lol. Yeah that's one of the things I find real perplexing, the leave voters mostly care about seeing less muslims and seem blissfully unaware its EU migrants we would see less of, whereas hatred towards EU countries isn't half as engrained as Muslim hatred with these types. Given the level of stupidity our country is displaying though I'd totally understand why some Europeans would wish we drift out to sea lol.

Hopefully a series of miracles happens and we end up begging for forgiveness for all the bullshit we've been pulling recently.

Bradbury

Oct 28, 2017

it´s just boobs grown the fucking up. If a man can go to the beach without a top a woman can too

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
I think toplessness and nudity in public shouldn't be banned anywhere. It would help society to develop a more healthy body image for all sexes and help dissociate the idea of nudity from being a purely sexual thing (which you'd hope would reduce objectification of people based on their appearance).

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gay and every time I go to the beach and get reminded about this double standard it actually irritates me. Like we should have gotten over this nonsense Victorian prudishness by now. It's just boobs. We all suckled on a pair when we were all tiny babies.

It's annoying because women's bodies are always sexualized whether they want to or not when men's bodies should be sexualized just as much. It's absolutely permeates almost everything too, like commerce and Videogames.

teacup

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Its okay for people to like boobs. Even in 2019.

Never said it wasn't. I shouldn't be surprised that this thread brings out a bunch of nerds leering over women who just want a double standard removed. Woman should be free to go to a pool without being viewed as a sex object.

Status
Not open for further replies.