• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Barcelona City Hall has ordered the withdrawal of any regulation banning the practice of topless bathing at municipal pools.

Until now, each public sports center in the city had a different approach to topless bathing. Some allowed it in the indoor pool while others have confined the practice to certain areas, such as the solarium or to the outdoor pool, restrictions that have been denounced by the women's organization Mugrons Lliures as gender discrimination.

In response, the Office Against Discrimination has drawn up a report that says, "Imposing rules of dress specifically for women means restricting their freedom of choice and is gender discrimination."

More at: https://elpais.com/elpais/2019/08/07/inenglish/1565197926_880112.html

Flush if old

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
FWIW, topless is allowed in plenty of public swimming pools all over Spain. AFAIK it's pretty much the rule and not the exception. And generally speaking, wherever there are rules about not allowing it, they are seldomly enforced.

This seems to be a weird hold up that it's catching some attention because it's Barcelona, but progress, I guess.

NO!R

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
airplane.jpg

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
Last time I was in Barcelona *which was last summer) someone offered me drugs while a a colleague of theirs was feeling me up, and all of this was directly in front of a police officer.

This feels late in so many ways.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Remember I was on the beach playing frissbee with my mum and accidently struck a women topless sunbathing right in the tit. I was like 9 and couldn't stop laughing.

Random anecdote but just reminded me of that.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Good. A women should be allowed to choose what to wear or not to wear.

Pand

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
These responses are embarrassing. They're not going topless for your titillation, you know.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
Gonna be a lot of 12 year olds trying to hide their downstairs guy from mum and dad.
The novelty wears off pretty fast, tbh. You just pay no mind to it, even as a horny teenager.

Most of the leering is done by other women. They judge other girl's boobs much more than we do dicks.

We were at Tenerife a few months ago and my wife wouldn't stop tapping my shoulder. "Look at those, look how fucking nice they are", she'd whisper. At some point I had to ignore her because I'd cross eyes with somebody and then it'd get weird.

Miles X

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Body shaming
So because they're in a different place to a penis and a vagina it's okay? Odd.

Probably against this because I really don't wanna see boobs on the beach, or anywhere.

In that vein we should all get to chose, and then what, you have a bunch of saggy boobs and wrinkly old dicks on the beach that you and your kids have to look at. Disgusting.

ADee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden

Probably against this because I really don't wanna see boobs on the beach, or anywhere.

In that vein we should all get to chose, and then what, you have a bunch of saggy boobs and wrinkly old dicks on the beach that you and your kids have to look at. Disgusting.
Euuhm why not? Why does it offend you?

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Went to Barton Springs in Austin TX where they allow topless. Saw a few girls without tops.

Was neat but then quickly became kinda normal and didn't care much for it. Kinda how it goes. Same way for Music Festivals. Felt more like being aesthetically pleasing than anything sexual. No different than admiring a fit dude at the beach.

Deleted member 2210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These responses are embarrassing. They're not going topless for your titillation, you know.
Of course not. I just came to see if someone would do the meme.

The novelty wears off pretty fast, tbh. You just pay no mind to it, even as a horny teenager.

Most of the leering is done by other women. They judge other girl's boobs much more than we do dicks.

We were at Tenerife a few months ago and my wife wouldn't stop tapping my shoulder. "Look at those, look how fucking nice they are", she'd whisper. At some point I had to ignore her because I'd cross eyes with somebody and then it'd get weird.

I judge butts tbh. If a dude is sporting a nicer ass than mines I go home immediately to hit the gym.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC

I'm an American, and I couldn't care less. It's nature. I don't find it disgusting, everyone has them. So what.

Oct 26, 2017
Went to Barton Springs in Austin TX where they allow topless. Saw a few girls without tops.

Was neat but then quickly became kinda normal and didn't care much for it. Kinda how it goes. Same way for Music Festivals. Felt more like being aesthetically pleasing than anything sexual. No different than admiring a fit dude at the beach.
That's great to hear, means there's some hope for us men yet!

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017

Well uh i think the point is it's not about you, but the women.

gaugebozo

Oct 25, 2017

Its not sexist to say cover your genitals. It's sexist to say "Only men's nips are okay."

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I was going to point that out, isnt it misogynistic to show special interest (personal pleasure) particularly now due to women being free to expose thier boobs.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017

Posts like this are the reason we still have problems with body acceptance.

Also, regarding nudity, the problem is in YOUR side not in the side of people exposing whatever part of their bodies. Nudity isn't equal to sex. That is a purity old American mentality, European cultures understand it different.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
Dudes can have gross tits, too.

And if you expose yourself at the beach/pool and happen to catch somebody's eyes, chances are you'll be judged. Man or woman. That's how it goes.

The key is not to be a creep about it.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK

Do you go to beaches to jerk off or something? Why you gotta be so ageist and not allow people to relax, thinking if beaches aren't up to your titillation people should not come?

Luap

Oct 26, 2017

I don't even know where to begin with this

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017

You shoulda gone to Hippie Hollow. It's the best beach in Austin
and it's totally clothing optional

Oct 27, 2017

Sounds like your issue is with the human body, not just this law.

Miles X

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Posts like this are the reason we still have problems with body acceptance.

Also, regarding nudity, the problem is in YOUR side not in the side of people exposing whatever part of their bodies. Nudity isn't equal to sex. That is a purity old American mentality, European cultures understand it different.

i'm European, I get it, I just don't want to see it, just like PDA. I don't think there is anything wrong with covering up, or baring all there is just a time and a place.

I wouldn't be happy as a dad, if nudity became normal and I had a daughter topless on a beach with a bunch of grotty horny men leering over her.

I'm British as well so probably a bit of a prude.

Status
Not open for further replies.