• iOS/Safari issues when launching the site from mobile home screens should now be fixed! A2HS button compatibility on Android Firefox has also been fixed! Add some purple to your home screen today.

[Barrons] Apple’s Next Big Move? It Should Buy Nintendo

Apr 24, 2018
Nintendo is a publicly traded company, but I have no idea if there’s enough shares on the market to achieve ownership, or if the Japanese government would allow a foreign company to make the final purchase. This articles suggestions are dubious.

Oct 29, 2017
Wait, so is this not satire?
No, but it misjudges various aspects of a merger that would make it seem not a great idea in the long term.
Their argument is roughly:
Nintendo has huge IP
Nintendo has services that could be worth more if they were on iOS (and games but lol to that)
Push increased mobile application development, somehow

Oct 27, 2017
Disney should buy them. And then let them run independently like Marvel and Lucasfilm.

They would also need to bulldoze universal studios so they could build their own MARIO land though. Why the fuck is my phone autocapitalizing MARIO?

Financial/Investment news publication/site. Though obviously it seems that they don't pay attention to business realities.
Clearly not. Or how the fact it's almost impossible for a foreign company to buy a major Japanese corporation.

1. google.com
2. Like any other opinion it's a discussion starter
Cool. I could do without the snark, thanks.

Oct 25, 2017
That way Nintendo could probably have a competent online infrastructure. I wouldn't mind if Nintendo kept doing what they're doing regarding games and their systems don't become $800+ devices.

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Nintendo owns some of the most valuable videogame franchises in the world—including Mario, Zelda, and Donkey Kong—and has a library of thousands of games across more than three decades in the business. While it continues to turn out wildly popular and well-reviewed games, Nintendo has struggled to gain traction beyond its home consoles. Apple has a few things to offer there: Think iPhone, Apple TV, iPad, and maybe even the Mac.

Imagine playing Switch,Super Nintendo, or old NES classics on any Apple TV or iPad with the simple addition of a wireless Bluetooth controller. Conveniently, the latest iOS devices use the same ARM-based processor chip technology found in Nintendo’s Switch, making software conversions much easier.
I went in thinking that they wouldn't get it as usual, but it turned out that they REALLY didn't get it... >_>

Oct 25, 2017
While it continues to turn out wildly popular and well-reviewed games, Nintendo has struggled to gain traction beyond its home consoles. Apple has a few things to offer there: Think iPhone, Apple TV, iPad, and maybe even the Mac.
Finally, instead of making games that play on their own boxes they can... make games that play on someone else's boxes. epic

Nintendo is a publicly traded company, but I have no idea if there’s enough shares on the market to achieve ownership, or if the Japanese government would allow a foreign company to make the final purchase. This articles suggestions are dubious.
I agree I doubt the Japanese government would let this deal go through. Unless Nintendo started to bleed as a company for years making them worth a fraction of what they were before.

Anyway cute article can't wait to see when Amazon should buy Nintendo.