• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017

It always bring an smile to my face when its brought (unironically) the idea that someone should buy Nintendo (or that Nintendo will be put on Sale on 1st Place)

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
giphy.gif

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
apple should buy nintendo, microsoft should buy sony, amazon should buy facebook, apple should buy google, microsoft should buy amazon, apple should buy microsoft

Dant21

Apr 24, 2018
Nintendo is a publicly traded company, but I have no idea if there's enough shares on the market to achieve ownership, or if the Japanese government would allow a foreign company to make the final purchase. This articles suggestions are dubious.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
You can catch half of the Pokémon in gen 13 via the iPhone 11 XS and the other half is exclusive to the iPhone 11 XS Max. The Max starting at $3,200.

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That would honestly be a waste of Apple's money. Nintendo has nothing to offer them. And I'm not entirely sure how this would work with Japan exactly.

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
Wait, so is this not satire?
No, but it misjudges various aspects of a merger that would make it seem not a great idea in the long term.
Their argument is roughly:
Nintendo has huge IP
Nintendo has services that could be worth more if they were on iOS (and games but lol to that)
Push increased mobile application development, somehow

Oct 27, 2017
Disney should buy them. And then let them run independently like Marvel and Lucasfilm.

They would also need to bulldoze universal studios so they could build their own MARIO land though. Why the fuck is my phone autocapitalizing MARIO?

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Nintendo is a publicly traded company, but I have no idea if there's enough shares on the market to achieve ownership, or if the Japanese government would allow a foreign company to make the final purchase. This articles suggestions are dubious.

In general Japanese law makes hostile takeovers very difficult. Nintendo would have to want to sell.

Raider34

Banned
May 8, 2018
United States
Didn't Nintendo basically tell Microsoft to go to hell when they asked to buy the company? Don't think they'd sell even if they could be bought

Chindogg

Oct 25, 2017
East Lansing, MI

Koppai

Oct 25, 2017
Never. Nope. Nintendo doesn't need to turn into a mobile company that minimally upgrades their hardware yearly.

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
Of course they should. But let's not get crazy or the next time someone would write an even more farfetched title like "Apple should make actual new phones".

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
That way Nintendo could probably have a competent online infrastructure. I wouldn't mind if Nintendo kept doing what they're doing regarding games and their systems don't become $800+ devices.

Oscillator

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Nintendo owns some of the most valuable videogame franchises in the world—including Mario, Zelda, and Donkey Kong—and has a library of thousands of games across more than three decades in the business. While it continues to turn out wildly popular and well-reviewed games, Nintendo has struggled to gain traction beyond its home consoles. Apple has a few things to offer there: Think iPhone, Apple TV, iPad, and maybe even the Mac.

Imagine playing Switch,Super Nintendo, or old NES classics on any Apple TV or iPad with the simple addition of a wireless Bluetooth controller. Conveniently, the latest iOS devices use the same ARM-based processor chip technology found in Nintendo's Switch, making software conversions much easier.

I went in thinking that they wouldn't get it as usual, but it turned out that they REALLY didn't get it... >_>

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Never going to happen but say Nintendo did agree to sell what would they go for? 100BN?

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
While it continues to turn out wildly popular and well-reviewed games, Nintendo has struggled to gain traction beyond its home consoles. Apple has a few things to offer there: Think iPhone, Apple TV, iPad, and maybe even the Mac.

Finally, instead of making games that play on their own boxes they can... make games that play on someone else's boxes. epic

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I agree I doubt the Japanese government would let this deal go through. Unless Nintendo started to bleed as a company for years making them worth a fraction of what they were before.

Anyway cute article can't wait to see when Amazon should buy Nintendo.