• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 29354

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
d6y5CB.gif
Lol, quality gif

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Apple buying a toy company is a bad idea. The reason being Apple likes to design hardware themselves while Nintendo would have a weak output if they had to work on Apple hardware. There is no synergy. They're both very succesfull because they have full control over what they want to do next with hardware and software.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
https://www.fool.com/investing/2019/01/14/3-apple-buyout-candidates-that-dont-make-sense.aspx

https://nintendeal.com/news/shares-...ested-apple-should-purchase-the-gaming-giant/
"The rally behind the rising Nintendo stock will likely be short-lived as the potential for a merger or acquisition are completely unclear and at this point purely based on media speculation. "
Currently rally is likely speculation of 20m being hit and people bidding up the price on speculation.

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, there's a lot going on in a rally - to suggest it's on the back of an article which, while well written and on the surface makes sense, is completely baseless, that's just....comeon.

nocdaes

Dec 6, 2018
UK
I've always found Nintendo's stock price in any short term view (1 month, 3 months, even 6 months) to be an incredibly unpredictable thing. It suggests that their investors are very fickle, and that in turn suggests that actually, articles like this one do have an impact.

If you look at their price just before Switch announcement and compare it to today, then that tells you all you need to know. As to why it's dropped so much from last year, I honestly believe it says more about the people that have invested than Nintendo themselves. I mean, 2019 and 2020 have the potential to be enormously successful years for Nintendo. I've no idea why you would sell your stock in 2018. Seems crazy to me.

More specifically on topic though, if Nintendo didn't sell off the back of the Wii U (bare in mind all of their incredible IP had some of their series highlights on that platform, yes I'm including BotW in that) then I'm struggling to see any reason why they'd do it mid-way during the success of Switch.

Kumomeme

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Malaysia
let nintendo be their own..let industry grow, let companies compete among each other

just because someone had money doesnt mean that some company must dip their hand on everything

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
I've always found Nintendo's stock price in any short term view (1 month, 3 months, even 6 months) to be an incredibly unpredictable thing. It suggests that their investors are very fickle, and that in turn suggests that actually, articles like this one do have an impact.

If you look at their price just before Switch announcement and compare it to today, then that tells you all you need to know. As to why it's dropped so much from last year, I honestly believe it says more about the people that have invested than Nintendo themselves. I mean, 2019 and 2020 have the potential to be enormously successful years for Nintendo. I've no idea why you would sell your stock in 2018. Seems crazy to me.

More specifically on topic though, if Nintendo didn't sell off the back of the Wii U (bare in mind all of their incredible IP had some of their series highlights on that platform, yes I'm including BotW in that) then I'm struggling to see any reason why they'd do it mid-way during the success of Switch.
Most analysts are kind of clueless when it comes to Nintendo and have tunnel vision on things like pursuing mobile gaming and so they roll their eyes whenever Nintendo doesn't completely sell out and continue with their decades-old business model.

They thought the 3DS would bomb because Smartphone games were taking over the market and there were dozens upon dozens of articles on how Nintendo should phase out their handhelds and develop for iOS/Android instead, and how there's no mindshare left for dedicated handheld hardware.

So I think Nintendo's stock price fluctuating so much has more to do with the investors/analysts being out of touch than Nintendo's own blunders.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
I realize this article is ancient in bad-take-time, but I just had to pop in...
Apple declined to comment. Nintendo did not respond to requests for comment.
Comment on what now? Your fucking ultra-capitalist fan-fic?

It's utterly laughable how they feel the need to include this just to endow some sense of "journalistic due diligence" into an ill-conceived op-ed.

Faiyaz

Nov 30, 2017
Bangladesh
I realize this article is ancient in bad-take-time, but I just had to pop in...

Comment on what now? Your fucking ultra-capitalist fan-fic?

It's utterly laughable how they feel the need to include this just to endow some sense of "journalistic due diligence" into an ill-conceived op-ed.

Oh my god that's just hilarious. How on earth did they put something this stupid in the article?

firstadopter

Oct 25, 2017
This was a commentary column. I truly believe Apple acquiring or entering in a strategic partnership [close working business relationship] with a big equity stake would be a win-win for both companies.

It also said investors were too pessimistic on Nintendo's fundamentals and was optimistic on Switch console and software sales.

Later during in the week multiple Wall Street firms and analysts echoed my sentiments including big bank UBS that does not have a Buy rating on Nintendo.

I understand some of you may not agree with the idea, the analysis or the business suggestion, but let's keep it civil.

Nintendo stock closed the week 12% higher.