• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
lol Leroy Jenkins still managing to be funny in 2018. Great episode. I don't know what it is but I'm really loving the feel/vibe of this show. Has a quality to it. Just the amount of talent behind the boards probably between bill hader, Alec berg, hiro murai directing, etc...

So great.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I finally got around to watching the first episode, that was damn good!

Also, that shoot out was some Collateral type shit. Really well done.

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
Did Hiro direct any of the other episodes? EP 5 really had his music video style flare. Loved it.

OP
OP
Cornballer

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
New episode tonight:
Listen With Your Ears, React With Your Face

Barry (Bill Hader) tries to fly solo at a remote airstrip, but Taylor (Dale Pavinski) still wants in. Vacha (Mark Ivanir) looks to exact revenge on the man who killed his brother, despite Pazar's (Glenn Fleshler) hands-off orders. Moss (Paula Newsome) tries to end her association with Gene (Henry Winkler), but finds herself drawn to his classroom at a critical juncture. Sally (Sarah Goldberg) lobbies for a major acting challenge.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Wasn't it the black marine that got shot as he was driving? I dunno if the crazy dude got hit/killed.

They both got hit. Just Barry and the other guy in the back are still alive.

Really wish Taylor didn't get it, I was liking his character and off the wall attitude, especially as a thorn in Fuches side.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow what an ending. :) Too bad we
probably lost the most entertaining supporting character

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't feeling the show early on, but it seems to improve every week.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Man, that was great! I loved the detail on the bullet travel time down the runway.

Only two episodes left.

Sloane

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't feeling the show early on, but it seems to improve every week.
Yeah, definitely the funniest episode yet, the money plot felt a little Curb-y even. Also, Henry Winkler is the best part of the show, yet the less time Barry spends in acting class, the better it seems to be so far.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Anthony carrigan (bald chech guy) is my favorite. He's always hilarious

tumblr_p6wg6no6fZ1x9hfbvo2_540.gif

I could have sworn he also played the Wallace Corp front desk guy in BR: 2049, but it turns out that's a gentleman named Tómas Lemarquis, who actually has Alopecia Universalis. #themoreyouknow

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I hope next season has a lot more killing. The acting class stuff drags on too much for me.

This show is basically a ripoff of Delocated though. The title character was even ripped off.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
I loved that shot in the car at the end. The abrupt end of the scene made me wish I was bingeing this.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm watching episode 5, but Sally is being annoying with this Lady Macbeth thing and then the thing at the bar.

But Barry having a slight meltdown was good. Fucking Henry Winkler put a cap on that scene haha

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Good. As a vet, I couldn't stand those kinds of people.
I also enjoy the acting class segments, but I have experience in that world.
I love how little Barry gets called out for his terrible acting.

Could you clarify a bit? How realistic of a portrayal was this of someone who never left the warzone jarhead mindset?

Obviously the voicemail messages were for jokes but I'm curious how the rest of the character landed for you as a vet.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
I'm a bit confused on if Sally's supposed to actually be a talented actress or if she's just really arrogant (or both). Every time we've seen her act, there's been something to obscure rather or not she's actually good at it-Barry being awful to play off of, Barry not wanting to do a scene, her being jealous of her successful friend, etc. Meanwhile, the rest of the class besides Henry Winkler has been successfully established to be awful at it.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I'm a bit confused on if Sally's supposed to actually be a talented actress or if she's just really arrogant (or both). Every time we've seen her act, there's been something to obscure rather or not she's actually good at it-Barry being awful to play off of, Barry not wanting to do a scene, her being jealous of her successful friend, etc. Meanwhile, the rest of the class besides Henry Winkler has been successfully established to be awful at it.
My read on it is that she's supposed to be kind of decent, but she never got a big break and just as she got close to one her would-be manager tried to make a move on her, and in rebuffing him while still trying to appease him, she lost her chance at one.

OP
OP
Cornballer

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
New episode tonight:
Loud, Fast, and Keep Going

After a deadly shootout at the airstrip, Barry (Bill Hader) must make a difficult decision to evade capture. Pazar (Glenn Fleshler) blames Fuches (Stephen Root) for convincing him to declare war on Cristobal Sifuentes (Michael Irby), a ruthless yet civilized Bolivian drug lord. Sally (Sarah Goldberg) fears her performance in the class production of "Macbeth" will be compromised, ruining her chance to impress another top Hollywood agent.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
That episode was fantastic, no wonder it's Bill Hader's favorite.

You could hear Barry's friend take a big 'o shit the second he realized he had just signed his death warrant. I'm glad they had Barry kill him, it wouldn't have made sense for him to let him go.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
This show could easily fall in the Dexter hole of like able anti-hero who tries to go against programming and makes stupid mistakes that setup long season arcs of dealing with the mistakes and rectifying them at the end of the season. Instead we have a like able anti-hero who makes a mistake in the same episode that he solves it in. I'm really fucking glad this show is only 30 minutes long. Lean and mean. I could easily see this show falling into the weeds on things if they didn't constrict themselves to a short play time.