Barry - Bill Hader in a dark comedy about a hitman - S2 - HBO Sundays

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
the chechens dudes speak Russian even though the captions say (speaking chechen). 0/10 show.

all kidding aside i wonder how cousineau is going react to fuches' revelation in s3.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So I just watched the whole show over the last two days. Fucking hell it's so great. I've long been a fan of Hader's comedy but I've an entirely new level of respect for him now.

Noho Hank might be my favorite character on TV currently. I really liked that dude as Zsasz on Gotham but he didn't get near the material he does in this.

Has anyone said now long they plan the show to go? I imagine 3-4 seasons should be the max and would hate to see it be dragged out and suffer in quality.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Bill Hader is really underrated as a dramatic actor. When he was racing to get to Fuches at the end of ep. 7, and then went on the warpath in 8, you totally buy his desperation and blind rage in those moments.

The fact that he starred in and directed ronnie/lily is incredible.

The Climaxan

Oct 27, 2017
NC-USA
[CLOSES EYES AND ENTERS THREAD]

I binged season 1 and finished it up yesterday and am diving into season 2 today.

HOLY FUCK, WHAT A SHOW!

NoHo Hank is one of the greatest TV characters ever, no bullshit.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
but he doesn't want to be ☹
Haders acting is so good, when he’s in normal everyday situations, he’s not intimidating at all. But man, when he goes to that dark place, he’s scary af.

He reminds me of The Bride, the scenes where she sees red and just kills everything.

This show is so good. So good. But yea, he’s a monster for sure. He’s proven he will kill innocents to keep himself safe. Reminds me of Walter White

Last edited:

Plastic Shark

Nov 17, 2017

This always makes me laugh when I remember it.
What a great show, love it. I'm so glad they didn't kill off Hank because he's such a treasure and one of the best things from the show.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Just from a writing perspective, I love that the show always makes sure that every episode there's still at least one spinning plate or frayed wire by the end of each episode. It's easiest to spot in this last episode. Like many of the threads surrounding the main charcter seem relatively sewn off. The pin puts the blame on the gang, the play went great, Gene is released from jail a free man. But the last spinning plate/card on the house is what Fuches whispers to Gene and we remember it at the same time in the story. One last piece that isn't adressed that sets the stage for more drama. It seems really obvious for writing series television but is the most beautiful when a show makes it feel right & natural rather than artificial.

This always makes me laugh when I remember it.
What a great show, love it. I'm so glad they didn't kill off Hank because he's such a treasure and one of the best things from the show.
LOL this is really damn special. This might be my new go to response whenever a friend rambles.