• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Finished season 2 the other day and really loved it. But I hope the creators have an exit strategy for this show and that they aren't just going to keep going as long as the ratings are there. As powerful as the season finale was, I grow bored of
characters seemingly returning to their starting point by the end of the season - in this case, Barry going on a killing spree - and the cyclicality of that.

You can only do that so much before it feels like you're running on a treadmill of sorts.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That kick that Ronny did in ep5 was definitely from the Bruce Lee Enter the Dragon

Aug 1, 2018
Just finished the season 2 finale. Binged the whole show this weekend, haha. My god, I love it and I wish there was more to watch :(

This always makes me laugh when I remember it.
What a great show, love it. I'm so glad they didn't kill off Hank because he's such a treasure and one of the best things from the show.

This scene absolutely killed me, haha

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Episode 5 is probably the best thing I've seen on TV in a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.

Aug 1, 2018
Episode 5 is probably the best thing I've seen on TV in a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.

Yeah, it's probably my favorite episode of the entire series.

Coincidentally, season 2 episode 5 of Atlanta was also my favorite episode of that show and they kind of had a similar episode arc, haha

Chris McQueen

Self-requested ban
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
London
That was fucking incredible. I feel so much for this character, but man... Bill Hader is so on form.

I got so much to say, but I'm still quite stunned by that finale.

Strax

Oct 28, 2017
I loved season 1 but season was "just good" imo. Hank is becoming a meme and is the only really funny about the show. The drama is really good but I liked the mix of season 1 better.

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
Just binged both seasons this weekend. WOW.

Couldn't stop laughing at S02E05, Fuche's delivery of "because I superglued my hands to the steering wheel" destroyed me.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I just watched episode 5 and I think it's the best single episode of tv I've ever seen. Holy cow.

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished watching. So that's two near perfect seasons of television. Given where the story is now I wouldn't be surprised if the next one was the last.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Finished both seasons - wow this is the best TV show ive seen in the last 5 years.
Ending of S2 was freaking dark though.....
Barry rage-killing the dudes that looked up to him was fucked up.

OP
OP
Cornballer

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Lots of Emmy nominations for the show today.

Outstanding Comedy Series
Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series - Bill Hader
Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series - Anthony Carrigan, Henry Winkler, Stephen Root

giphy.gif

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Also The Audition and ronny/lilly for Direction. And ronny/lilly for Writing, too.

Zelenogorsk

Banned
Mar 1, 2018
Just watched both seasons and this show is amazing. The way it effortlessly goes from comedy to drama and back again is impressive as hell, and it doesn't cut any corners. The funny moments are fucking hilarious, and the drama can get intense. Also love the 30 minute run time, makes for a great binge. Can't wait for season 3.

The end of "What?!" (season 2, episode 4) is the hardest i've laughed in a long time.

TTG

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
I've been catching up on season 2. Ronny/lilly is top 5 episodes in comedy of all time easily. I couldn't believe when it ended because it felt like about 5 minutes had passed and I lost it entirely when the little girl got in their car, tears and all.

OP
OP
Cornballer

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Wade Allen, the stunt coordinator on HBO's "Barry," broke down the wild fight scene in the "ronny/lily" episode from the second season. The intense episode included several one-take shots, moments of improvisation and building a fake tree for the Lily actress to jump off from.

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I just spent all moring and the afternoon or so watching the first two seasons for the first time and wow this is AMAZING, funny, cute, dark, thrilling. I love this show and i'm so excited for a third season! Hope it get's here sooner than later.

Zej

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just blasted through S1 this last week after finishing the latest veronica mars. Loving this show. After every episode finished we said last one starting...now.

Kandinsky

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished both seasons in one weekend, great show. I don't get the love for S2E5 tho, I was mostly annoyed by the kid and Fuches the whole Episode, weakest one by far imo.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
ronny/lily is still the best tv episode of 2019 so far

I need S3 to hurry up

delete

Jul 4, 2019
Have to give props for Sarah Goldberg's performance as Sally in season 2.
She brought an entire season of conflicted character development into that one scene when she is surrounded by praise after selling out as an artist.

Sign me up for the S02E05 fanclub please.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Bit late to the party, but my girlfriend and I just finished S2 last night. Holy shit.

Best show on TV currently, I think. Hell of a show.

Shake Appeal

Oct 27, 2017
Show is incredible.

"ronny/lily" is one of like five times I've been watching a TV show and had absolutely no idea what might happen next.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Season 1 drama with some good laughs.
But season 2 is hilarious. Episode 4 cliffhanger was good 😆 then Episode 5 Ronny and daughter 😂

Apr 19, 2018
Looks like we'll be waiting a bit longer for a Barry Season 3. =/

HBO Postpones "Barry" & "Succession" Shoots - Dark Horizons

With no relief in sight for the escalating coronavirus pandemic, WarnerMedia Entertainment has decided to push production start dates for both the new seasons of the HBO comedy “Barry” and drama “Succession”. The two high-profile premium cable shows were in early pre-production which has now...

Zej

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

With no relief in sight for the escalating coronavirus pandemic, WarnerMedia Entertainment has decided to push production start dates for both the new seasons of the HBO comedy “Barry” and drama “Succession”. The two high-profile premium cable shows were in early pre-production which has now...

Major bummer, but I still have tons to catch up on anyway. Both are amazing shows.

Going to be harder for serialized shows with kids if this drags out for a year+.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I am surprised that they had not even started shooting the 3rd season. I was expecting trailers for Season 3 at this point honestly.

Yes

Oct 28, 2017
Good show. It's half farce, half something else. Very well written. That ep. 5 tho. Best thing ever.

So I'm guessing s3 is not happening in the near future?