• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
It's hard to root for him though as they already bit the bullet on him killing more than "bad people". He has killed multiple good people not in self defense but so he didn't get caught. I loved season 1 but in thinking about Barry's character arc I wonder if saving those kind of kills for later may have been better as I dont know what you really can do.
Yeah that's why I think he'll avoid any actual investigation, even though the first episode appears to insinuate it's going that route. They can't have him kill another detective to get away. At least, I hope they don't.

Oct 25, 2017
What a fun return. I forgot how much I love the hard cuts to the opening theme. Also NoHo Hank's speech at the end about him not being a joke was fucking killer. Like god damn I was not expecting that.

turbobutts

Oct 25, 2017
i forgot a lot of details of what happened in the first season I guess. how did the detective connect fuches to barry so quickly?

maybe i should go back and watch the last few episodes of season 1

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
i forgot a lot of details of what happened in the first season I guess. how did the detective connect fuches to barry so quickly?

maybe i should go back and watch the last few episodes of season 1
I forget what prompted her to look it up again, but she goes on Facebook and finds pictures of his army buddy with the meathead "assassin" they think was in on everything with Ryan. Then she looks up Barry's Facebook and see pictures of him doing a charity run in his army buddy's honor + pictures of him with buddy's family.

I'm awful with names.*edit* Wikipedia says it better..

A few weeks later, Gene invites Barry, Sally and Moss to his country home, where Moss becomes suspicious of Barry after learning he goes by his stage name "Barry Block". Her suspicion is further propelled when Gene tells Moss of the monologue Barry gave about being a hitman - and confirmed when she discovers a link between Barry, Chris, and Taylor on Facebook. Barry begs her not to pursue things further. When she refuses, Barry retrieves a hidden gun and shots ring out

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i liked the "I'll never do an Australian accent" line, seemed to be a little meta-joke about The Good Place

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Glad to see my fears were unfounded. Great premier.

The *actor playing Hank has a real talent for playing bad people you can't help but adore.

*Anthony Carrigan

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Did somebody say that on The Good Place? Michael? Janet?

Kirby's character Simone from the Good Place

She spoke in an Australian accent on the show.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Noho Hank really is the best character of them all. I've only seen the dude in Gotham as well but he's amazing in that too.

WhoTurgled

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Noho Hank 100% carries the comedy part of this show, like other stuff is pretty funny but hes the only reason I can consider this show a comedy

OP
OP
Cornballer

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
New episode tonight:
The Power of No

Facing pressure from Noho Hank (Anthony Carrigan), Barry (Bill Hader) struggles to pull off an important hit. After asking the class to mine their personal traumas for an original piece, Gene (Henry Winkler) decides to confront his own past. A visit to her agents leaves Sally (Sarah Goldberg) disappointed. Fuches (Stephen Root) tries to evade questions in Cleveland.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man I love the character development they've given to the side people and the plot development with Fuches!

I was very cautious about this second season but it has been a winner so far.

OP
OP
Cornballer

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
New episode tonight:
Past = Present x Future Over Yesterday

As part of a class project, Gene (Henry Winkler) tasks Barry (Bill Hader) with revisiting his past, and Sally (Sarah Goldberg) reflects on her own history. Barry offers to provide training to NoHo Hank's men. Fuches (Stephen Root) finds Barry in an unexpected location.

Sparky2112

Feb 20, 2018
If this show ever goes forward without Hank, it's dead to me.

'Oh, my god, my guys suck balls. You know it.'

Last edited:

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Ruh roh, Rarry.

Good stuff on the season 3, too. They keep finding ways to twist things I wouldn't expect. The last couple minutes of this episode were miserable.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God, Barry is such an asshole in episode 1. But, man oh man, what a set-up for the season. I'm excited to see what kind of personal hell Barry's gonna go through this time around.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
I screamed at the end of this weeks episode, great moment but I wonder if we'll even see how that scene gets resolved.