• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Whew, that episode was goddamn incredible. Also, what the fuck at that father/daughter. They're either both on bath salts or they got powers, haha.

Last edited:

SeroTyler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That was the best episode of the show, and the best thing to air on HBO yesterday period. Could not stop laughing for 30 minutes straight.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
The absurdity in that scene comes from Sally whom is so out of touch with reality, she didn't even notice her boyfriend running out of the apartment with a handgun not to mention she was on face cam with the laptap facing the door lol

I understand the feral girl was a bit much but this show has already dabbled with dream like sequences and weirdness, especially after the end of S1. This episode felt very much like Twin Peaks Season 3 and I love it for that.

The show has definitely always had a silly streak, it is a dramedy after all, but what we saw last night kicked it up to a whole other level.

it was like if Pine Barrens somehow got mixed up in the editing room with The Test Dream and wound up being as jarring as that combination sounds.

Exactly!

The trailer for next week showed Fuches with the wound still on his cheek, so that isn't likely.

Bleh

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
Oh shit I just realized lily was the name of the feral mongoose.

I hope this episode wins an Oscar or w/e it was an amazing episode.

Edit Stephen Root is so great. I'm so glad he is in this.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018
I cringed at the shot of Fuches' botched stitch job on Barry. And then I cringed even further when he slathered the superglue over it, lol.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Best episode ever. My wife and I just laughed for a half hour straight. When Barry is trying to talk to the barely alive victim in the store and he says "Come on, don't be an asshole."

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah Barry still casually talking it up with the guy whose wind pipe he broke and whose daughter he was just chasing around as if he'd be cool was peak Barry. Celine Dion in the background also made it. Honestly I can't get over how incredible that episode was from start to finish

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
That song is peak Contemporary Easy Listening. Having that softly playing under a hail of police gunfire is just...*chef's kiss*

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
This show is so good at " shit gets bad, and then it gets worse"

Like damn, I really thought Barry was going to jail this time.

OP
OP
Cornballer

Cornballer

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The show has always managed to ground its silliness within a quasi believable reality, but that was entirely too stupid for me to take seriously. Hoping next week reveals it was all a dream or something.
I don't think it's how it was written, but I read the surreal nature of the episode after the first fight as Barry's skewed interpretation of things after a couple huge blows to the head.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
Popping in to say the last episode was brilliant and among the best episodes of any tv show. the sound design of every strike, getting a real fighter to play that role made a difference. The long take, the direction in general. Just an amazing episode.

Oct 25, 2017
I just look at it: Barry (the character) did something interesting for once.

(I've had a hard time caring about Barry the character for most of this series. I mostly come back solely for Noho Hank.)

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
That episode was wild. Loved it. I'd be fully on board if it did go supernatural with the little girl, even though I don't think that's where it's going.

Loved Hader's delivery on "she's not of this world!".

Legitimately bummed that the detective is gone, he was fun. But was probably necessary to add new foils for Barry.

SmileBrandon

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
Baton Rouge, LA
The entire scene with Ronny had some of the best directing ever. The way the camera panned and how it was, basically, all one shot was amazing. Bill Hader's got chops bro.
I hate Fuches btw.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
What the fuck did i even watch?

This was seriously straight out of a session of Fiasco.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Really great to see Daniel Bernhardt in a role like this. He played one of the Agents in the Matrix films and was also in John Wick and Atomic Blonde.

Oct 28, 2017
California
Just finished all of season 1 last night, goddam this show is good. I wasn't much of a Bill Hader fan before but holy shit, his acting in the season 1 finale was superb.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Man that was great. The plot of the episode reminded me of Pine Barrens a bit with some absurd shit thrown on top of it.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's how it was written, but I read the surreal nature of the episode after the first fight as Barry's skewed interpretation of things after a couple huge blows to the head.

I was thinking that too at first, but Fuches was reacting similarly so I took everything at face value.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
If Fuches theoretically never mentions the girl being a weird feral monster again, Ratsky, could it be taken more as a fevered experience that also just happened to have him bitten on the cheek in a way?